bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 12:53:33 AM 
Started by Musterseed - Last post by indianabob
But John...without politicians we would have to manage our own lives and keep much more of our hard earned money and depend upon our neighbors and close family for our needs.  ;)  ::)

Seriously, thanks for the wise advice.
Indianabob

on: Today at 12:24:34 AM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by John from Kentucky
Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

This verse is spurious and does not belong in the scriptures.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,6638.msg53239.html#msg53239

Dennis,
I think we need to reconsider what we call spurious Scriptures.

After all, we do not have the original written writings of any Scriptures.
They are all copies of copies.  The oldest copies of the Scriptures are about 300 years after Jesus's death.  The present government of the United States has not existed for 300 years.
Therefore, you cannot call any verse spurious, if you cannot compare it against the original monograph.

The verse in Revelation makes sense if you make it a parenthetical statement, which I believe the CLV translators did.  The Greek manuscripts we have did not use parentheses or other major punctuation.

on: Today at 12:04:00 AM 
Started by Musterseed - Last post by John from Kentucky
You did nothing wrong.  They were wrong in violating your privacy.
I find it best to avoid all religious nuts.

Read what Jesus called the false religious teachers of his day.

In my home, I never answer the door unless you have made an appointment with me.  I also never answer my cellphone unless you are listed in my address listing.  So without being in my address listing, you cannot make an appointment to see me at my home.

So I avoid all politicians, salesmen, religious people and other undesirables.

on: Yesterday at 10:07:04 PM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by Johnny70
Hi Porter,
This is an interesting subject. The statement by Jesus that says, " NIV If those days have not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened." I believe that Ray Smith taught that statement meant - world conditions, The Day of the Lord and all events were to be cut short for all peoples not just the elect. This would make it possible for a small group of humans to be on this planet during a thousand year period of time when Christ would rule on this earth - Rev 19:15. I believe this is the teaching here.

John

on: Yesterday at 09:16:56 PM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by Porter
Hi Porter,
You seem to be on to something in part Porter - the days are shortened for the sake of the elect. Is this the meaning suggested here - saying only the elect - that the days are shortened for and not any other none elect persons? You say that this could be "an end to MY TRIBULATION". Interesting view of these texts. Pamela, is right they are awesome scriptures.

John

Hi John, I can't say I completely understand it, but I do know that tribulation (for the Elect) ends at Christs advent and wrath (for the non-elect) also begins at Christs advent.

Mat 24:29  Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:
Mat 24:30  And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.
Mat 24:31  And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

How it relates to the end of the world and "wholesale DEATH" (as Ray put it) is still a mystery to me.

Like I said, I wrote that for confirmation and or correction from others in case I was totally off.

on: Yesterday at 08:12:18 PM 
Started by Musterseed - Last post by Musterseed
Thank you Wanda
Sometimes I feel like a guppy in an ocean of sharks.I feel better now. Iím reading Psalms
and it always helps calm my nerves. God Bless you .You are a good friend .❤️

In Christ, Pamela

on: Yesterday at 06:24:35 PM 
Started by Musterseed - Last post by Wanda
Dear Pamela,

Please do not waste any more time fretting over your perceived wrong doing with these people. As an ex JW I assure you they were being deceptive by not telling you who they were, and then again when they said they thought they had. I saw much deception from others when they went door to door and it's one of the many reasons I'm no longer one of them.

They were not trying to save you, but themselves, because it is their belief that they must try to save others, else they will die at Armageddon and never live again. Not out of any love but out of fear. I suppose God will excuse them for the deliberate deception though.☺

Much love to you my friend ~♡~

on: Yesterday at 05:55:53 PM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by Johnny70
Hi Dennis,
If vs 5 of Revelation Twenty is not part of the Bible then does not vs 6 say that "Blessed and holy is he that has a part in the FIRST RESURRECTION: on such the second death has no power, but they shall be priests of Christ, AND SHALL REIGN WITH HIM A THOUSAND YEARS.

From verse SIX ALONE we can see that the first resurrection of the dead is before the thousand years, which is at the Second Coming of Jesus.

I Thess 4:16 - " For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and the trump of GOD: and the dead in Christ will rise FIRST" 17)"then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord." Does this not complete the list of those that are included as the elect in the FIRST RESURRECTION?

So it seems that there is not any other time space left - other than the SECOND resurrection happening AFTER THE THOUSAND YEARS WERE FINISHED.

VS SIX backs up verse FIVE!

John

on: Yesterday at 05:10:58 PM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by Wanda
Rev 20:5  But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection.

This verse is spurious and does not belong in the scriptures.

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,6638.msg53239.html#msg53239

Yes, and that's precisely why I didn't include it.

on: Yesterday at 04:56:33 PM 
Started by Musterseed - Last post by Musterseed
Two people came to my door this morning. Lovely looking, well dressed people. The lady
had an I-pad in her hand. She told me their names and proceeded to show me a video.
I asked her what it was about but she said Iíll just show youĒ and I asked her who they were and
what they wanted, She said ďoh I thought I told you, and I said no you didnít ,and she apologized
 so I pressed her and she said ď well, we are Jehovah Witnesses
and put the I pad in my face. I told them I donít go to church, and that I read my bible and it is my
church. Everything was a blur to me and I was feeling upset, kind of afraid of them. I told them
ď I donít believe what you believeĒ honestly , I donít even know what they believe , but anyway
she said ,Ē well can I ask what youĒ and before she could finish her sentence, I said NO 😡 , NO
YOU CANNOT, and she said ďok and they walked away.
Hereís what I need to know, am I a mean spiritual coward, should I have tried to at least let them
speak. Iím not around a lot of people , hardly any actually , so I get confused when I am put
such situations. This summer I was cornered by two young Mormon boys. I felt the same way
and said almost the same things except I told them God is Sovereign and that I loved Jesus .
They wanted to know what I loved about Him , I said 😡 EVERYTHING and sent them packing.
I also had a call from a person I met once a few years ago , she downed everybody and now apparently she is a spiritual healer. I told her Thou shalt not judge and hung up on her.
Many strange things going on in my life. Anyway, I feel really bad about how I treated these people this morning and was hoping to see them on my walk, but I didnít. I wanted to apologize for my
behaviour. I know some day these same people will know Our Lord and His truth and I donít like to hurt people. Also itís that time of year and I feel so sad for all the old people from the Salvation
Army collecting money. They are in every store and they are so old, people just walk by them.
I donít care about their church but I do care for these old people being used like that. I like to talk to them and show them respect. They donít know they are deceived do they? Please help me
understand how you , my brothers and sisters relate to others. I find myself avoiding even my
own children. So sad 😞
In Christ,,, Pamela

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.