bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 02:13:19 PM 
Started by ML - Last post by ML
That sucks. Have you traveled to any of the other guys' tourings since then? Does another group play jazz in that place since that trio doesn't play there anymore?

on: Today at 02:05:58 PM 
Started by ML - Last post by yello62
ml, i don’t think so.  last i read, joe (the piano player) was traveling somewhere out of the states, and khari (the drummer) was touring with george benson.

on: Today at 01:20:01 PM 
Speaking of birds, around where I live there are mainly crows, magpies, and pigeons. There are some power lines that a couple of them just sit on for an hour or 2, and a couple times there were about 5 or 6 crows that flew up on a very small section. On even rarer occasions there are some doves and seagulls that fly around, and a bald eagle whom I've seen about 3 times.

About a month ago, there where a couple birds that kept circling in the air above me. Not sure the name of them, but it was a cool sight. Another was when about 50-100 crows flew up in one of the very big trees around here. I have a couple bird books(1 I got fairly recently, the other 2 my parents had for a long time and just gave it to me.) Cannot say I am a professional birder, but observing birds can be pretty cool. If I ever travel, I would like to especially see those tiny owls. Forget the name of them though.

Thanks for your contributions yello! A bit of veriety there, so that's nice. Speaking of the Jazz trio you mentioned, where are they now? Still play sometimes around where you live?

on: Today at 06:27:22 AM 
Started by ML - Last post by yello62
i am like dave, a fan of most.  to me, music is one of the many gifts God has placed in His creation.

the first time i heard this, i wept uncontrollably: https://youtu.be/7mpxuR9nXE0

yet another that brings me to tears: https://youtu.be/CEvsDuJYEnI

then there is this jazz trio.  they used to play thursday nights at a bbq joint near me.  i got a chance to see them a dozen times, or so.  all three of them are world class jazz musicians. the drummer considered one of the best in the business.  i was five feet from the piano player the night this was filmed, and could be heard in the background: https://youtu.be/Cdv3noFdVbI

and finally, although in no way a full representation of the music i enjoy, i post this group from chile: https://youtu.be/mFSRCG4DrmI

on: Today at 03:59:49 AM 
Started by ML - Last post by Prune Soleiado
I like to listen to some jazz while looking by my window at the swallows making a choregraphy « for me ». Very exhilarating 😊
There are a lot of swallows flying nearby my apartment, tweeting and dancing in the sky (I thank them for there are less mosquitos in my home, thanks God 😅)
It reminds me of this verse:
Isaiah 38:14: « Like a crane or a swallow, so did I chatter: I did mourn as a dove: mine eyes fail with looking upward: O LORD, I am oppressed; undertake for me. »

on: Today at 03:42:38 AM 
Started by Prune Soleiado - Last post by Prune Soleiado
Hello Wanda 👋 Hello ML 👋
Thanks for those wonderful verses (well absolutely ALL bible’s verses are wonderful since Our Father in heavens is wonderful)
As for me, this part of Isaiah 30:15 always helps me, at anytime : « in quietness and in confidence shall be your strength. »

Yesterday evening there was a documentary on tv about the french soccer team who won the world soccer cup. It was pretty interesting showing the team throughout the competition.
All along the documentary two words were repeated by the coach or the players: « family » and « unity ». Beautiful concepts specific to sport’s mentality. AND firtsly to Our Family, God’s Holy Family!
It reminds me of this verse:
1Corinthians 9:25: « Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. »

During the documentary we heard, of course, the french national hymn « La marseillaise ».
I found the translation and it reveals itself very interesting. I’ve never really paid attention to it. But now I see some relevant things.
« Arise, children of the Fatherland,
The day of glory has arrived!
Against us tyranny
Raises its bloody banner
Do you hear, in the countryside,
The roar of those ferocious soldiers?
They're coming right into your arms
To cut the throats of your sons and women!

To arms, citizens,
Form your battalions,
Let's march, let's march!
Let the impure blood
Water our furrows!

What does this horde of slaves,
Of traitors and conjured kings want?
For whom are these vile chains,
These long-prepared irons?
Frenchmen, for us, ah! What outrage!
What fury must it arouse!
It is us they dare plan
To return to the old slavery!

To arms, citizens,
Form your battalions,
Let the impure blood
Water our furrows!

What! Foreign cohorts
Would make the law in our homes!
What! These mercenary phalanxes
Would strike down our proud warriors!
Great God! By chained hands
Our brows would yield under the yoke
Vile despots would have themselves
The masters of our destinies!

To arms, citizens,
Form your battalions,
Let the impure blood
Water our furrows!

Tremble, tyrants and you traitors
The shame of all parties,
Tremble! Your parricidal schemes
Will finally receive their reward!
Everyone is a soldier to fight you
If they fall, our young heroes,
The earth will produce new ones,
Ready to fight against you! »

There are more verses after that but those first ones are kinda speaking by themselves, don’t they? Well, not as good and inspiring as David’s psalms but I see that war’s a good source of inspiration when compared to the battles we, as children of God, have to fight in this eon for the Glory of God!

on: Yesterday at 10:17:52 PM 
Yep, I like all those instruments too! Well, except the harmonica  ;)

Especially with guitar, I like some ambient effects on it. You may have heard some of it already, and I'll give more later that has it. "Computer generated" sounds I like too. Not all of them, but some.

Blues is too boring for me, but I like some Jazz! Although, that is a recent interest, so not too familiar with the genre.

on: Yesterday at 10:13:35 PM 
Started by ML - Last post by Wanda
I love me some Blues  ;D

https://youtu.be/14Zt5bjJKak

on: Yesterday at 10:02:32 PM 
Started by Prune Soleiado - Last post by Wanda
Those are great versus!

Romans 8-9-10 All good.

on: Yesterday at 09:58:09 PM 
Started by ML - Last post by Wanda
Piano, Cello, Saxophone, Guitar, Harmonica. Those are the ones I enjoy solo. I like most string instruments, as well as wind too.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.