bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
 on: September 28, 2021, 08:24:38 PM 
Started by ZekeSr - Last post by Wendy
Wow definitely an amazing find i think there going to find more stuff as we near the end.
God bless all

on: September 28, 2021, 02:56:33 PM 
Started by ZekeSr - Last post by ZekeSr
It's just another interesting possibility. While we must always depend on faith, I find it quite fascinating that science keeps finding additional evidence that the historical accounts within the Holy Scriptures are more likely to be accurate than fable.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/meteor-destroyed-ancient-city-likely-inspired-bible-tale-of-sodom-study-finds/

Mike

on: September 27, 2021, 12:40:17 PM 
Started by lareli - Last post by lareli
I had a pastor who would tell of conversations he would have with individuals where one would say to him ‘I don’t believe in your god who just sits idly by waiting for me to mess up so he can punish me..” to which the pastor would say “I don’t believe in that god either”. Making the point that his god was a different one than the one being described by the individual.

Which raises the question I posted. The god of the false church would be a ‘false’ god right? Or is it enough to believe that Christ is the son of God who died for the forgiveness of sin.. those who are called ‘son of the devil’ is their god the devil masquerading as an angel of light? Is their god their belly?

Or is their christ, Christ and they are just deceived about his plan, will, and character..

on: September 27, 2021, 12:30:02 PM 
Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

Does this apply to all who name their god ‘Christ’?

Their Christ says ‘I love you.. but if you don’t love me back I’ll send you to a burning pit of hell to be tortured beyond all comprehension forever. With no chance of ever getting out.”

on: September 23, 2021, 12:17:40 AM 
Started by lareli - Last post by Dave in Tenn
Php 3:18  For many walk as hostile to the cross of Christ, of whom I often told you, and now even weeping I say it,
Php 3:19  whose end is destruction, whose god is the belly, and who glory in their shame, the ones thinking earthly things.
Php 3:20  For our citizenship is in Heaven, from where we also wait for a Savior, the Lord Jesus Christ,
Php 3:21  who will transform our body of humiliation, for it to be conformed to His body of glory, according to the working of Him to be able even to subject all things under Himself.

"wrong" god vs. "right" God.

Yet...

1Co 8:4  ...we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is no other God except one.
1Co 8:5  For even if some are called gods, either in the heavens (the heavenlies, the heavens of men's minds) or on the earth; (even as there are many gods, and many lords);
1Co 8:6  but to us there is one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we for Him, and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him.

Clearly many are not worshiping the "right" god and are worshiping the "wrong god".  But it may also be that some are simply not WORSHIPING the right God.  "For many shall say to Me then, "Lord, Lord..."  Instead they are worshiping their "free" choices, or their doctrines and traditions, or their assumption of the rights and attributes of God, or whatever.  I'll let the Lord sort us all out.

on: September 22, 2021, 10:37:08 PM 
Started by lareli - Last post by indianabob
Friend Lareli,

I like to keep in mind that there has to be a false church for those of the elect to come out of.
God presents us with contrasts between good and evil so that we learn to appreciate the good.
Indiana Bob

=
Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.
=
2Co 6:14  Be ye not unequally yoked together with unbelievers: for what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? and what communion hath light with darkness? 
=
Isa 45:5  I am the LORD, and there is none else, there is no God beside me: I girded thee, though thou hast not known me: 
Isa 45:6  That they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none beside me. I am the LORD, and there is none else. 
Isa 45:7  I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these
=
Also to follow Dennis' point we have this:

Luk 9:49  And John answered and said, Master, we saw one casting out devils in thy name; and we forbad him, because he followeth not with us. 
Luk 9:50  And Jesus said unto him, Forbid him not: for he that is not against us is for us. 

on: September 22, 2021, 06:59:01 PM 
Started by lareli - Last post by Dennis Vogel
Php 1:18  What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice. 

on: September 22, 2021, 06:25:44 PM 
Do they have the wrong idea about God or do they have a totally different god altogether?

They who believe in an eternal hell, freewill etc etc.

on: September 22, 2021, 12:35:09 PM 
Started by AwesomeSavior - Last post by AwesomeSavior
A short update:

I am still using the hydrogen peroxide (weakened though it remains), CBD oil, and other supplements. I am maintaining. God's will be done.

I have never been so pressured with so many varying health conditions. This is good.

Things are about to break (not me).

The devil is not amused.

on: September 18, 2021, 12:36:10 AM 
Started by Wendy - Last post by Wendy
Tks friend of J C 😌

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 15 queries.