bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
 on: Today at 12:45:32 PM 
Started by Porter - Last post by Wendy
Porter

I’ll be praying for you and your family Have a safe trip .

God bless
Wendy

on: Yesterday at 08:12:55 PM 
Started by Porter - Last post by Musterseed
May God be with you on your travels Porter. I pray for you.

In Christ, Pamela

on: Yesterday at 07:30:07 PM 
Started by Porter - Last post by Rene
Keeping you in my prayers Porter and wishing you safe travels.

on: Yesterday at 07:16:09 PM 
Started by Porter - Last post by Porter
Welp, I'm heading way down south again for some appointments and would kindly like to ask the forums members for their prayers. Pray for whatever God puts on your heart. Thank you and God bless you all!

on: August 22, 2024, 10:38:00 PM 
Started by Dennis Vogel - Last post by Porter
As He is so are we …… yes we are the heavens as Ray stated in Gospel of the Kingdom which is also Gospel of the Heavens/ elect who are being judged now.
Ray said ( I believe in His teaching on Gehenna) “that judgement IS the second
death and that the second death is judgement “. Then wouldn’t that mean that the elect are experiencing the second death now ( I die daily) with all the firey trials
spoken by Peter?

Yes, I do believe His Elect are experiencing a second death now in this age, or that they will at least experience two deaths in this age; a death of the carnal mind and then a physical death.

As for Luke 21:36, you will escape if you “stay alert” as Jesus commanded. But what does that mean to “stay alert”? It's no different from another parable.

Mat 24:15  "So when you see the abomination that causes desolation, spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place" (let the reader understand),
Mat 24:16  "then those in Judea must flee to the mountains!
Mat 24:17  A man on the housetop must not come down to get things out of his house.
Mat 24:18  And a man in the field must not go back to get his clothes.

The message is to get to high ground and stay there.

Heb 6:1  Therefore, leaving the elementary message about the Messiah, let us go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, faith in God,
Heb 6:2  teaching about ritual washings, laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
Heb 6:3  And we will do this if God permits.
Heb 6:4  For it is impossible to renew to repentance those who were once enlightened, who tasted the heavenly gift, became companions with the Holy Spirit,
Heb 6:5  tasted God's good word and the powers of the coming age,
Heb 6:6  and who have fallen away, because, to their own harm, they are recrucifying the Son of God and holding Him up to contempt. 

When Ray taught us of the Spirit, it woke us up when we believed. We became aware of who we are inside, and we probably didn't like it. So when Jesus says to, “stay alert” He is telling us to stay alive and not die to the same things we were before He raised us to life with Him.

2Pe 2:20  For if, having escaped the world's impurity through the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, they are again entangled in these things and defeated, the last state is worse for them than the first.
2Pe 2:21  For it would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness than, after knowing it, to turn back from the holy commandment delivered to them.
2Pe 2:22  It has happened to them according to the true proverb: A dog returns to its own vomit, and, "a sow, after washing itself, wallows in the mud."

There is a tremendous amount of spiritual truth in the passages I have cited, but I'm trying to learn how to keep it short and simple by sticking to one thing at a time.

Again, the idea is to endure the “world” while in heaven with Jesus.

on: August 20, 2024, 06:28:16 PM 
Dennis, I watched the videos, and it did help as I had forgotten some things Ray said in those videos back when I first read them from his papers years ago. It helped in the way I had hoped when I was looking for confirmation.

I also read a lot of the comments from those videos and wasn't at all surprised at the negative reception. I think the following verses fit nicely with the whole theme of Noah's flood.

1Pe 4:4  In regard to this, they are surprised that you don't plunge with them into the same flood of dissipation--and they slander you.
1Pe 4:5  They will give an account to the One who stands ready to judge the living and the dead.

I see why Jesus was sad for His creation at times, and that is because they really did not know the “land” they were living in is the habitation of demons. The carnal mind is a real barrier, looking only at the physical. 

2Co 3:12  Therefore having such a hope, we use great boldness--
2Co 3:13  not like Moses, who used to put a veil over his face so that the sons of Israel could not look at the end of what was fading away.
2Co 3:14  But their minds were closed. For to this day, at the reading of the old covenant, the same veil remains; it is not lifted, because it is set aside only in Christ.

on: August 20, 2024, 04:50:46 PM 
Thanks, Dave, that does confirm a lot of what I think I'm seeing. We are all truly indistinct from one another. There is real wheat, and there is false wheat (tares), and it can be very difficult to distinguish the two with the naked eye. This is what the parable of the wheat and the tares represents.

It makes perfect sense when I understand that I come from earth like Adam. If I'm like Adam, then I will be like Jesus unless I return to the earth. Remember Lot's wife, as Jesus would say. Because that earth is being made desolate. Reminds me of a song I used to listen to by Iron Maiden called 'Run to the Hills'.

Somehow, it gives me faith to know we are on the same page when it comes to God repeating Himself so often. Not only does He do this, so most would not understand, but so that most could take something good and call it evil.

on: August 20, 2024, 03:11:26 PM 
Started by Porter - Last post by Dave in Tenn
I also can't go point by point, but it has seemed clear to me from the beginning of "this" that the Apostles were ministering and writing/preaching to both the called and the chosen.   To one it's been given to know/understand and to the other it has not been given.  The same writings and teaching even before the schisms and horrible doctrines of demons entered, many are called, few chosen.  Two women are at the well.  Two men are in the field.  One is taken, the other left.  One is not pointed out to be drawing water faster or better than the other.  It's Sovereign choosing that takes or leaves. 

Of course there is more to it and more to be accomplished by the Lord in those He's chosen.  But at the outset, we're all outwardly intermingled and indistinguishable for both good and ill.

I don't know if that "agrees" completely with what you shared or not.  That's sort of an issue with discussing Spiritual (not religious) matters.  But I'm sure you are right about "repetition".  If only the Lord hadn't used so many parables, we'd all get it.  ;)

on: August 20, 2024, 02:46:41 PM 
Thank you, Dennis, I'll watch those videos right now.

on: August 20, 2024, 11:08:52 AM 
Started by Porter - Last post by Dennis Vogel
Yes, this post is too long for me to digest this early in the morning. But here are three videos that will help with Noah:

https://youtu.be/KHoUQoExxXA

https://youtu.be/Fie4lGQ_9kU

https://youtu.be/3myuXca7hkc

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Page created in 0.014 seconds with 14 queries.