bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunting the Elements  (Read 5054 times)

Gina

Hunting the Elements
« on: September 15, 2012, 11:15:00 PM »

Hunting the Elements:  http://video.pbs.org/video/2217713569 

Bonus:  There's a higher spiritual application in the different elements of this very entertaining and educational documentary from NOVA.    The first element covered is gold.  It's no small task getting it, and so these verses kept springing to mind:

The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom... (Psalm 111:10) 

How much better to get wisdom rather than gold, and to get understanding should be chosen rather than silver. (Prov. 16:16)

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting get understanding. (Prov. 4:7)

This is not going to be easy folks. 

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Hunting the Elements
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2012, 03:06:52 AM »

This scripture came to mind.
James 5:3- Your Gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heap treasure together for the last days.

Joel

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2012, 07:12:04 AM »

]

This is not going to be easy folks. 

With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible. ~ :)

Gina

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 11:43:51 AM »

This scripture came to mind.
James 5:3- Your  Gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heap treasure together for the last days.

Joel

Your "gold", it says. It's interesting to note after watching the documentary that actual gold doesn't rust.

Kenneth Clark

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2012, 01:41:08 PM »

I like that Gina

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 02:09:46 PM »

Eh.. whenever I see gold bars like that I have the strangest urge to want to gnaw on one.. Hmm.   ::)

Gina

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2012, 12:52:44 AM »

It looks like a chew toy to me too, Shawn. 

I imagine if you did you'd wind up with a glowing smile!

Patric

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2012, 08:26:21 PM »

Faith, Hope, and Love are the elements i pick! he he he he though not material they are the most sought after and encouraged as children of our living God to seek.....these 3 remain.....and yet when we are resurrected no more need for faith or hope will be needed! All will be love......for we will finally have what we have been hoping for....and our faith will be rewarded......AMEN

acomplishedartis

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2012, 08:18:28 AM »

This is one of my favorites,

"For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is JESUS CHRIST. Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, WOOD, HAY, STUBBLE; Every man's work shall be made manifest; for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed BY FIRE; and the FIRE shall TRY EVERY MAN'S WORK of what sort it is. If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. If any man's work shall be BURNED, he shall SUFFER LOSS; but [pay close attention to this BIG BUT] BUT HE HIMSELF [the one who had his works burned and consumed in God's consuming fire] SHALL BE SAVED [What will save him?], yet so AS BY FIRE" (I Cor. 3: 11-15)

so clear and simple.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 23 queries.