bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: proverbs 25  (Read 8243 times)

bible man

proverbs 25
« on: June 11, 2009, 02:08:14 AM »

These are also proverbs of Solomon, which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied out.

2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

3 The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable.

4 Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer.

5 Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne shall be established in righteousness.

Is there a deeper meaning behind these verses?   just wondering if anybody saw something i missed.

Roy Coates

Re: proverbs 25
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 09:49:40 AM »

::)

Beautiful Scripture.

What exactly is your question and how does it relate to what you have learned on Bible-Truths.com

Are you trolling Bible Man?

Marky Mark

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 11:00:34 AM »

These are also proverbs of Solomon, which the men of Hezekiah king of Judah copied out.

2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

3 The heaven for height, and the earth for depth, and the heart of kings is unsearchable.

4 Take away the dross from the silver, and there shall come forth a vessel for the finer.

5 Take away the wicked from before the king, and his throne shall be established in righteousness.

Is there a deeper meaning behind these verses?   just wondering if anybody saw something i missed.

Heb.12
6 For whom the Lord is loving He is disciplining, Yet He is scourging every son to whom He is assenting.
7 For discipline are you enduring. As to sons is God bringing it to you, for what son is there whom the father is not disciplining?
8 Now if you are without discipline, of which all have become partakers, consequently you are ******** and not sons.
9 Thereafter, indeed, we had the fathers of our flesh as discipliners, and we respected them. Yet shall we not much rather be subjected to the Father of spirits and be living.

Peace...Mark

bible man

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2009, 02:22:08 PM »

Wow, the one time  I ask a sincere question Ray Coates calls me a troll!  This isnt even a scripture that calls for conflict!  I was reading and found these verses exciting. If you couldnt add to the topic maybe you were "trolling".   

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2009, 03:03:16 PM »

Hi bible man,

Perhaps the reasons you are not receiving the responses you desire or that some here might be wary of way you present topics are;

1. You tend to ignore or not acknowledge sincere attempts by others who have spent time answering your other questions/presentations.

2. Often scriptures are quoted by you without any indication of what exactly it is you wish to discuss.

I do not believe anyone here has singled you out or has any kind of agenda against you, it really stems from what could be perceived as a lack of courtesy on your part in regard to how you reciprocate or respond to others.

If you practised the art of communication a bit more I think you would find many ready, willing and able to have a dialogue with you even if agreement is not 100%.

Please take my advice in the spirit it is given as I would like nothing more than for you to profit (spiritually) from your association here.

Peace,

Joe

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 03:11:59 PM »

Chill, Bible man! Keep seeking, if you're looking for answers you'll find them, if you're knocking the door will open. Don't be offended! Be steadfast and be honest, that works pretty well here! Don't be quick to tuck your tail and run!
Don't wear your feelings on your sleeve, buddy, we have all learned that from Ray Smith! :D
Dignity, integrity, honesty man, men of God possess these traits! ;D
You just heard from one of the finest men on this forum...one of many..
Good sound advice Joe!
Kathy ;)

meee

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 03:34:57 PM »

Wow, the one time  I ask a sincere question Ray Coates calls me a troll!  This isnt even a scripture that calls for conflict!  I was reading and found these verses exciting. If you couldnt add to the topic maybe you were "trolling".   

Bibleman, I almost missed your question { that I highlighted above in your post} friend, and I really believe Roy C. didn't see it, or he would have answered as Joe did.     We all are friends here, do you think of us as such?
hugs,meee

meee

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 03:41:03 PM »

Bibleman, I almost missed your question { that I highlighted above in your post} friend, and I really believe Roy C. didn't see it, or he would have answered as Joe did.     We all are friends here, do you think of us as such?
hugs,meee
[/quote]

Excuse me, I mean as Mark replied with witness Scriptures.
                 just meee again

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 04:59:31 PM »

Hello Bible Man,

There is a spiritual truth behind all the physical 'types' or 'shadows' in scripture...that truth is that God, through Christ, is creating humanity in His image.

Every symbol, shadow, type, example, etc ultimately points to this truth...there's no getting around it and everything you read in scripture, ultimately, points to it. If this truth is hard to understand (not just for you, for anyone), I would highly recommend (1) praying in all humility and earnestly to God for understanding (2) reading Ray papers on the bible-truths.com website (3) reading/listening to Ray's bible study transcripts w/audio and (3) reading Ray's email replies.

Now, with this in mind, would you like to clarify your question or is this the answer you were looking for?

Also, name calling and/or implying a name or connotation to an individual member is against forum rules...if you or anyone feels they are/being slighted in this area, please inform a moderator. But first, you could do what Christ says: "...if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: (why should we do this?) "if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. Gaining [Gk. 'increase in the faith of Christ'] and edifying before strife and conflict.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Amrhrasach

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 05:24:52 PM »

But first, you could do what Christ says: "...if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: (why should we do this?) "if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother. Gaining [Gk. 'increase in the faith of Christ'] and edifying before strife and conflict.

Hope this helps,

Marques

Kindly put gentle mannered wise words, then..........and now.   Admirable, in my book.

Gary

bible man

« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2009, 05:43:46 PM »

Thanks Meee!!!  I thought the question was clear, mysteriously you were the only one that saw it!  Somtimes we dont see because we do want 2!  Nevertheless a legitimate question was asked

God bless,
                                                  BibleMAN

Marky Mark

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2009, 06:03:17 PM »

Words for all to ponder. :)

Bible in Basic English

Galatians 6
   1 Brothers, if a man is taken in any wrongdoing, you who are of the Spirit will put such a one right in a spirit of love; keeping watch on yourself, for fear that you yourself may be tested. 2 Take on yourselves one another's troubles, and so keep the law of Christ. 3 For if a man has an idea that he is something when he is nothing, he is tricked by himself. 4 But let every man make test of his work, and then will his cause for glory be in himself only, and not in his neighbour. 5 Because every man is responsible for his part of the work.
6 But let him who gets teaching in the word give a part in all good things to his teacher. 7 Be not tricked; God is not made sport of: for whatever seed a man puts in, that will he get back as grain. 8 Because he who puts in the seed of the flesh will of the flesh get the reward of death; but he who puts in the seed of the Spirit will of the Spirit get the reward of eternal life. 9 And let us not get tired of well-doing; for at the right time we will get in the grain, if we do not give way to weariness. 10 So then, as we have the chance, let us do good to all men, and specially to those who are of the family of the faith.

In Peace & Understanding...Mark

aqrinc

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2009, 06:31:25 PM »

Hi bible man,

I did a search since i know we have discussed most of those verses before. Go to the link below and input (conceal a thing) there are several pages of different discussions there.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?action=search2

george. :)

Roy Coates

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 01:40:15 AM »

Bible Man,
My sincere apologies for offending you. Peace to you in Jesus' name.
Roy

Roy Martin

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 08:19:29 AM »

Hang in there Bibleman.

Roy Martin

cherokee

« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2009, 09:55:56 AM »

Bibleman,

Your first question was clear and and answered by mharrell08/Marques in Reply #8, 

Q. Is there a deeper meaning behind these verses?
A.There is a spiritual truth behind all the physical 'types' or 'shadows' in scripture...that truth is that God, through Christ, is creating humanity in His image.
Every symbol, shadow, type, example, etc ultimately points to this truth...there's no getting around it and everything you read in scripture, ultimately, points to it.

Your second question was not so clear:

Q. just wondering if anybody saw something i missed.
That is why Roy ask in Reply #1,
A.What exactly is your question and how does it relate to what you have learned on Bible-Truths.com,

and hillsbororiver/Joe said in Reply #4,:
A.1. You tend to ignore or not acknowledge sincere attempts by others who have spent time answering your other questions/presentations.
2. Often scriptures are quoted by you without any indication of what exactly it is you wish to discuss.

To add to what Roy ask and what Joe said, you did not say what you saw, so we do not know if you missed anything or not and can not give a very good answer. The best we can do is point you to where Ray has discussed those scriptures or to another thread where those scriptures have been discussed and pray we have helped.

Suzie

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 20 queries.