bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Deleted my account  (Read 10040 times)

Roy Martin

Deleted my account
« on: July 08, 2009, 09:04:10 AM »

I don't know why and can't explain it, but I deleted my account this morning, and then giving it some thought; I realized that some would wonder what happened to me, and that it would be rude to not say goodbye. I don't understand this action, but I do know that its not because I don't believe. I'm not sure yet, but I think it has something to do with being too dependent on the forum. I have been feeling as if I have slipped away from that personal relationship with God.As I said," I just don't know what I'm feeling, and why I want to delete my account. Maybe I need some prayer from all of you, but I don't know what to pray for. I do not like this feeling I woke up with this morning. Something is saying, delete my account; something else is saying wait. Does anyone have a clew what is going on?
  I say goodbye to all of you now in case I delete my account later in the day.
We will still be together in Spirit. I love all of you. I have learned a lot here. God bless you all.

In Christ and love
Roy

Ninny

Re: Deleted my account
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:48:10 AM »

Roy you are making me cry...You have to do what you think is right..If you go I will miss you here very much..I will always be praying for you, my friend..
Kathy :'(
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 09:57:28 AM by Ninny »

NoviceBeliever

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:06:32 AM »

Roy:  It will make us all very sad if you are to leave.  :'( If you are feeling the way you do, maybe some quiet reflection, prayer and silence for a time may be helpful.  We will hold you in our hearts and prayers. NB

Kat

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:08:48 AM »

Hi Roy,

Well I'm sad too.  We never know where our journey may take us.  I think I understand what you mean by being dependant on the forum, but I consider it a good dependency.  

You don't have to delete your account... maybe you just need a break or limit how much you check in.  But whatever you decide I have enjoyed your fellowship and will be praying... all in God's will.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

meee

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 10:14:09 AM »

Roy, my thoughts are what Kat said.    Maybe some time away, not coming to the forum, but still having the opporunity ,because you still have your account.
        I'd really miss you!!!
                  hugs and love,meee

Terry

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 10:25:03 AM »

Roy just a week ago you were so excited about putting a band together with BT members
now you seem very sad, God has helped me alot through reading your post here,it seems you could be making a quick decision please take some time to think things out its always good to take plenty of time when making any kind of decisions.

Mat 13:44  Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.

Mat 13:46  . Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

I'll be praying that God gives you peace
Terry
Terry

cherokee

« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 10:58:02 AM »

Roy,

I am with Kat and meee. Take a time out and spend it with just you and the Lord, reading his word and ask him for guidence on this. You are his child and he will show you what you should do.

Blessings,
Suzie

Linny

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 11:33:20 AM »

I agree with the others here. No need to delete. Just step away and spend more one on one time with the Lord. Take a break!
We'd miss you.

Blessings, Lin

Marky Mark

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 12:05:34 PM »

Roy,

I would surely hate to see you leave,your honesty is refreshing. These things that we call feelings can sometimes get in the way of what matters most in ones life.Roy,I can also relate to what you speak of,there have been times in the last months where I have felt the need to move on from this forum thing in my life.What could be the reason? Well I know what the reason is. Satan. Don't laugh.He knows what your weakness is, and rest assured, he will work on that weakness in order to put doubt into your mind.

I have learned that when something is not going all that well in my life,for whatever reason,the forces of darkness are trying to knock me down and keep me down..Hey,God created the dragon for a reason, No? Well yes,yes He did.To deceive one into avoiding the Truths of the Spirit.The reason that I wanted to tell you this is that you mentioned your thought of dependency,of the forum( not good ) in the thread.You have stated in the past about your abuse of drugs and such. Satan has a way of capitalizing on ones weakness(dependency to a forum...not good),and that weakness will always be used against you,to put doubt into your mind.  We cant blame the messenger [Truth] for giving us the Word,but we can blame the deceiver for trying to take away what we already believe.

I would agree with the others here,take a break from the forums and put your priorities in line with what the Lord wants of you .Keep the Faith, and remember, that we will all be here for you. Brothers and Sisters of Truth and Spirit will always be one.  

Peace...Mark
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:08:48 PM by Marky Mark »

G. Driggs

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 12:16:09 PM »

Hey Roy, praying for you, always have been, no matter what. You really help me see some things, and it is very much appreciated.

Peace,Love

G.Driggs

hillsbororiver

« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 01:03:20 PM »

Hi Roy,

I can't improve on the advice you have already been given but I can say I have been where you are before, more than once!  ;)

There have been times when I too wanted to leave because of the way certain things were working in my life and also for reasons I did not understand nor could I fully explain. Maybe taking a break from responding to others questions and concerns and taking some One on one time with our Lord to work out your own salvation will sort things out and give you a sense of refreshment in your spirit.

Whatever path you decide to persue be assured you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

Peace to you Brother,

Joe

bluzman

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »

Hello Roy,
  I am saddened to read your post about leaving the forum. You don't know me from a hole in the head,
but I want you to know that I have always looked foreward to reading your posts.
  Looking back on my life, I don't understand why I made certain choices that I made at the time,
but they certainly  have led me here.
  Whatever you decide, good luck to you and your family.
      Via con Dios Amigo,
           Bluzman

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 04:36:58 PM »

Like Joe, I've often found myself pulled to the side from time to time.  I can't always explain why either.  I'd simply encourage you to not turn temporary decisions into permanant religion.  What He's leading you to do today is not necessarily what He will be leading you to do tomorrow.  I hope that makes sense and is of some help to you.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

9440geoff

« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 05:43:23 PM »

Hi Roy,

I've been so blessed by your posts, I just want to 'thank you', whatever you decide. Obviously I'm praying that you stay, even if you take a break.

Geoff

Marlene

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 06:12:45 PM »

Roy, I can understand like Joe, and Dave and others I have experienced those feelings .

I have been able to relate to you a lot. I have told you before that my one on one relationship with God has always been my anchor to him.
But, I also know that we need people of like mind. I need these people because they often can help me understand scriptures. I also, know I can count on them to pray for me for spiritual or other needs.

I think you should by all means spend some time with the Lord one on one, and read some scripture on your own. But, you dont have to drop your account to do that.  I don't feel that I have much to offer others on here. My experiences in life have always spoke loud to me ,but were I never really understood all those experiences until God led me to truths here . Yes, he used the foolisness of Ray's teaching. But, now I understand all them experiences. Because I am understanding scripture before that I read and did not understand. Now, I know God does not hate me. The night , I came in I had wanted to die with thoughts of my mistakes. We have been set free from false teachings.

I come in to read post because sometimes someone post about something that has been on my mind or something I really did not think about. Also, God has always given me to have compassion on the hurting. I take that serious.

All, I can say is I sure will miss you cause sometimes just the simple post are very helpful. But, I want what is best for you.

Others, have given the good advice. Mark, left much food for thought. But, just remember you can always come back .

In His Love,
Marlene
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:17:16 PM by Marlene »

Roy Coates

« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 07:30:27 PM »

May God grant you in insight on what is right for you. May He give you strength to endure whatever it is that troubles you. My He give you courage to boldly take your next step. May He give you comfort and understanding. May He allow your will to line up with His will. In the name of Jesus may the Father have have His will and His way in Roy's life, Amen

If you go we will miss you. If you take a break we will miss you. If you stay on we won't miss you(had to throw in some humor) ;D

Peace and Grace to you,
Roy

Roy Martin

« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 07:38:36 PM »

I'm sorry it took me so long to respond to all of you wonderful people, but my modem was down, and then suddenly it started working again.
 One thing for sure is that I wasn't looking for sympathy, but it looks like I got it anyway. Not only that, but I am overwhelmed with your understanding in having gone through this yourself. I agree with all of you that I need to take a break.
 Since I came here and read all of LOF and got on this forum I haven't spent one day of giving it a rest. It literally has consumed me, but in a good way. Day and night, all day long, everyday I think about all of this truth; rolling it around in my head, and then seeing the applications in every ones questions, post and replies on the forum. I just couldn't get enough of it. I know this isn't a good example, but I'll give it anyway; it's like those days of smokin pot and getting the munchies, eating everything in the kitchen, and then going to the store to get more; ho hos, Twinkies and candy bars and ice cream. Everything tasted good.
 Well, you get my point I know.
  This morning I started my day like any other day, but something was wrong and not usual. I was very sad and distressed, something I can't explain. Its not like me to be that way. As soon as the forum page came up, I clicked on account settings and moved my cursor to delete with this overwhelming sadness in me, and deleted my account. This happened w/o giving thought to it. So strange. I went outside in the dark and prayed, came back in and reactivated the account to give notice and say goodbye, and deleted again. My emotions still aren't right, but one thing for sure is that I will not delete anymore, but I will take some time to gather my thoughts and feelings as all have suggested.
 By the way; when I read all of your replies, I became very emotional and touched; to put it mildly.
I will be back.

Peace and love my dear friends
Roy

Nelson

« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 07:54:13 PM »

Hi Roy,

I know where you're coming from, been there myself and I can only offer you this,

• "Now it happened as they went that He entered a certain village; and a certain woman named Martha welcomed Him into her house. And she had a sister called Mary, who also sat at Jesus' feet and heard His word. But Martha was distracted with much serving, and she approached Him and said, "Lord, do You not care that my sister has left me to serve alone? Therefore tell her to help me." And Jesus answered and said to her, "Martha, Martha, you are worried and troubled about many things. But one thing is needed, and Mary has chosen that good part, which will not be taken away from her" (Lu 10:38-42)

Take some time out from your distractions and spend the time with the Lord alone,

• "Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light" (Mt 11:28-30)

The Lord will then equip & strengthen you,

• "But I have prayed for you, that your faith should not fail; and when you have returned to Me, strengthen your brethren" (Lu 22:32)

Be at peace brother, the Lord is always near.

Grace and peace to you and yours

Nelson

Roy Coates

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 10:21:39 PM »

Nelson,
You are putting out some beautiful posts. Filling me with joy and inspiration. Praise God

kenny

« Reply #19 on: July 09, 2009, 12:50:21 AM »

I don't know why and can't explain it, but I deleted my account this morning, and then giving it some thought; I realized that some would wonder what happened to me, and that it would be rude to not say goodbye. I don't understand this action, but I do know that its not because I don't believe. I'm not sure yet, but I think it has something to do with being too dependent on the forum. I have been feeling as if I have slipped away from that personal relationship with God.As I said," I just don't know what I'm feeling, and why I want to delete my account. Maybe I need some prayer from all of you, but I don't know what to pray for. I do not like this feeling I woke up with this morning. Something is saying, delete my account; something else is saying wait. Does anyone have a clew what is going on?
  I say goodbye to all of you now in case I delete my account later in the day.
We will still be together in Spirit. I love all of you. I have learned a lot here. God bless you all.

In Christ and love
Roy
Roy my friend, God will Just Drag You Back, He Loves YOU THAT MUCH!
kenny
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 19 queries.