bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need some prayer,please!  (Read 7231 times)

meee

Need some prayer,please!
« on: July 12, 2009, 01:10:58 PM »

Our 5 yr. grandson has Autism.     Our daughter noticed a big black cavity in his mouth, when he was yawning I think,cuz he doesn't let you look otherwise.     The dentist here has recommended a dentist in Rochester,MN. that specializes in working with difficult children.      Sooooo, Jake is to see them on the 22 nd. of July.       This dentist doesn't want our daughter's help while examining Jake.        She doesn't see how they can handle him ,when he won't let her look in his mouth.   It may come down to having to go to the hospital in another appointment and put him under.      Soooo, we need prayer for the dentist,the helpers and Jakob.  Please pray that in the one appoinment Jakes tooth will be filled, that he would be calm and let the people help him.
As always , not as I will, but as God Wills,may it be!
Thanks much,meee

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: Need some prayer,please!
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 02:08:26 PM »

Will do, Terry.  God be with this little guy and everybody trying to help him.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

9440geoff

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 02:21:15 PM »

Amen to that Dave. I pray god has given this dentist the skills necessary for dealing with your grandson, Terry.

meee

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2009, 04:37:32 PM »

Thanks so much dear brothers!
         hugs,Terry

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2009, 05:07:42 PM »

hi terry,
i pray that our Father will cover jakob with His blanket of peace and calmness. i also pray that the dentist and assistants will be gentle, compassionate, and quick. i understand your concern because my niece's 3 yr. daughter is autistic and recently had a dr. appt. to have her ears checked. no easy task! let us know how things go.

claudia

Ninny

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 06:08:49 PM »

Terry,
My Prayers are with little Jakob and the dentist..God will do it!!
Kathy ;) :-*

OBrenda

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2009, 07:59:44 PM »

I hate going to the Dentist myself, poor little guy!
 :'(
Will Pray for him!

Marlene

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2009, 09:16:34 PM »

I will keep Jakob in my prayers. Poor little guy. I will pray that God lead them to the right doctor with the skills for him.

In His Love,
Marlene

meee

« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2009, 11:11:17 AM »

Thank you all!!!!!!!!
           Things can overwhelm Jake and he goes into a melt down.       He's making progress talking now and we pray nothing  causes him to go backward and not progress.
           meee

meee

Update on Jake
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2009, 06:26:26 PM »

Jake still has his cavity, actually 4 of them. They couldn't take XRays, he gags and did throw up, and on the way home he threw up from being so upset.   This coming Monday they will attempt to fill the worst one. We're praying it can be done, that he lets them do this, if not we'll see about an oral surgeon, rather than the hospital route.
         Sooooo, prayed is needed please and thank you so much.
                  hugs,meee

smeacham

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2009, 07:09:37 PM »

Dear Father,

I know what it is like, having a son with autism myself.  Each day can be a struggle, no matter how much I love him.  Sometimes I wish I could squeeze him with a loving hug so hard that it fixes him, so he can overcome these troubles he doesn't even understand.  But I can't, Father.

Now I lift Jake to you in prayer, and not only me but the entire family of faith reading this, and praying along.  People say that prayer changes things, but those words don't help the fear that we feel, or lessen the heart-felt and heart-wrenching emotions.  I don't know what to ask for him.  You alone understand Jake's need, and I trust in Your Holy Spirit to intercede on his behalf.

Now I life Jake's family in prayer, especially his troubled mother and grandparent.  You will not turn away when I ask that You sustain and strengthen them.  Please give them renewed hope, forgiveness of sins, and turn around whatever hopeless feelings I'm sure they are struggling with.  Assure them that all of this is for Your Good purpose, even if You cannot show them exactly how (yet).  And deliver them from any evil.

In Jesus' name I (we) pray,
Amen

blakparty

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 01:08:24 AM »

You got my prayer, Mee. ;)

Ellie

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 05:04:02 AM »

Mine also Mee.....

judith collier

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 07:38:38 AM »

An oral surgeon can put him out for awhile. Some dentists do it too. I will pray for him as a grandson of mine has aspergers(a close relative of autism) and these children have such fear because of a lack of understanding. Judy

G. Driggs

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2009, 09:23:55 AM »

I have an idea how Jake feels, Im a wreck when it comes to dentists, praying for him.

G.Driggs

Ninny

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2009, 09:59:02 AM »

Terry,
Little Jake is still in my prayers and I know how your grandma's heart is crying out for the little guy! Why are grandchildren the one thing we have the least control over, and the one thing we'd give our heart to save??? Mysteries!! \o/ 
Kathy :-*
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 19 queries.