bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hi Y'all!  (Read 3782 times)

bambam

Hi Y'all!
« on: January 17, 2010, 05:56:13 PM »

I just wanted to stop in and say hello. ;)  Things have been going well for me in many areas.  I have finally opened up to my husband about Hell, and even about some of the things that are taught at our church that I am questioning.  He has not gotten mad at me and he has listened very lovingly-so praise God for that.  I have been learning SO much and it comes in phases.  My heart rejoices so much in the truth and when I see things I leap for joy in my heart!!  Especially after I have prayed and asked to see something very specific and God shows it to me.

It is so sad to hear updates about Ray, but he just keeps on going.  I am thankful for him.  He is like a Paul to us I suppose.  I have learned so much about using the scriptures from him-and understanding the two or three witnessess, and also how everything is one.  It amazes me how often I will see something threaded throughout the ENTIRE scripture that I never thought to put together before.  When you can do that, when you can see it, it's miraculous.  Thanks Ray-you have given me many tools for great learning!

I wish I could come to a conference, but it isn't time for me yet.  I pray someday I may get the chance. 

The hardest thing in my life is living the fruits of the spirit! I want to be a better mom.  This is my failure.  I yell, and I'm mean at times.  I lack the self-control I desire, along with the patience and selflessness I wish I had.  That's where my fight seems to be.  I get so angry that I am  the way that I am.  I pray that I will overcome!!!  If God wills for me to. 

Thanks for listening, God be with you all!!

Beth

Ninny

Re: Hi Y'all!
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:26:50 PM »

Hi Beth! It's good to know that you have finally been able to talk to your husband about some of the things you believe! It helps to have understanding...I'm very happy for you. God is maybe letting your husband see some things the way you see them.
Beth, you have a beautiful family and you know we all lose it and yell at our children and we feel like we're being mean maybe we are, and maybe we aren't! But as long as YOU aren't satisfied with the way you are then surely this means that God is working on your heart..we all need a little work done on our heart, yes? Nobody's perfect!!

When I "get loud" with my grandsons the oldest one says, "Ninny, why are you being so strict?" Then I say, I'm not being strict, I'm a little angry with you guys!" Then of course Grayson who's 3 now says, "Ninny, don't be angry!" You can't help but smile when that happens..just take each day and do your best and let God do the rest...Don't beat yourself up too much for the way you are, only God can change you!! Sometimes I think when God lets me see who I really am..then He can begin to change me into what HE wants me to be...just a thought!
Love you!!
Kathy ;)

rockrdude

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 07:08:57 PM »

I have finally opened up to my husband about Hell, and even about some of the things that are taught at our church that I am questioning.  He has not gotten mad at me and he has listened very lovingly-so praise God for that.

I'm glad you were finally able to get that out, Beth.
I told you he'd take it well. That man loves you!  :)

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 09:15:01 PM »

Hi Beth.  I was just thinking about you a couple of days ago.  Keep the faith.  Everything is working according to His will.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

gmik

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 01:21:24 AM »

Hi Beth.  Good to hear from you.  Thanks for sharing a slice of your life.  when I "yell" at my kids I just tell them I am speaking loud, not yelling. I will be praying for you.

Samson

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 10:15:45 AM »

Hi Beth,

I can appreciate what you are saying regarding "Anger", it's been a Thorn in the Flesh with such a war in my members. Thought you might benefit from a quote from a Thread we recently had regarding a review of the Conference from General Discussions. The quote is from Kat's Post, but from Ray. See below in blue.

Php 4:8  Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on THESE things.

“Think on these things.”  He didn’t say meditate on all your rotten sins and think about your sins.  Yea you think about those sins.  He didn’t say that did he.  He said you look at the good things and you think on those things.  Why?  Because you BECOME what you THINK.

Hope this helps, Samson(aka, my initials are BAM)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 18 queries.