bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Update on Ray's conditon March 7th, 2010  (Read 14667 times)

firefly77

Re: Update on Ray's conditon March 7th, 2010
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2010, 11:19:45 AM »

Ray,
You are truly an inspiration to me, and I am so very grateful to have found the real "Good News" through the bible-truths site.
My thoughts and prayers are with you!

Angie

Astrapho

« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2010, 12:55:16 PM »

I would go woot in real life if it wouldn't freak out my parents, but dang! Ray's physical health may be weak, but his spirit's going strong as ever! Thank God!

geokuhns

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 01:55:34 PM »

Thanks Dennis for the update on Ray. I don't think God is done with Ray yet. I believe He is preparing Ray for greater works. Why else would God put Ray through this lengthy trial? We just came through one of the worst winters here in Pennsylvania that I can remember. But now the sun is shining for several days, the temperature is up, the birds are singing and the snow is melting and it feels exhilarating. I anxiously await the arrival of Ray's spring. God bless you Ray.

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2010, 02:06:14 PM »

Thank you Ray for giving us an example of what the life of a true believer really entails. When I read your words they sound so familar to the letters of Paul in regards to suffering. I've always believed that when God showed me a real man of God I would notice by the things he suffers in his life. You are that example Ray and it helps and encourages me to embrace a life of suffering for the sake of the Gospel.

Thank You So Much,

Charles

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2010, 10:12:17 PM »

Thanks Ray, and Dennis,
Looking forward to Ray's next paper, sounds very interesting.
I am thankful that God has given me eyes to see the gift, and the LOVE of God in Ray Smith.
My prayers are with you.
Joel

jeetkunejimi

« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2010, 07:37:52 AM »

Keep rockin' Ray, my prayers are with you and your family and other loved one's near to you, and to Dr Stiger, may God guide him to do what's right for your body for your healing. God's will be done, as always,amen.
Join me now in my new massive money making business venture, selling asbestos blankets only on Sundays at the exits of Orthodox churches. It's really gonna take off.

Yab Yum

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2010, 12:49:15 PM »

God has blessed me with Ray's writings. God please bless your teacher, Ray.

G. Driggs

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2010, 01:45:04 AM »

Thank you Dennis for the update.

Whenever I think of Ray and what he is going through these verses always come to mind.

1Pe 4:1  Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
1Pe 4:2  That he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh to the lusts of men, but to the will of God.

G.Driggs

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2010, 04:36:45 AM »

Thank you for sharing that G. Driggs.

That Scripture fits so perfectly with Ray in my mind as I also know him and recognise and welcome Him!

Arc
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 04:38:13 AM by Arcturus »

Linny

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2010, 11:26:25 AM »

It is always good to hear from Ray and I have been anxiously awaiting this new paper! My husband and I saw that hell book in a WalMart once and stood there and skimmed through it just amazed at the ridiculousness of it. Look forward to seeing how Ray dissects it!

Phil3:10

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2010, 07:43:07 PM »

Thank you Dennis and Ray,
Dennis your support and help provided to Ray is sent from GOD. You are truly a friend and brother to Ray and all who value his teachings and this forum. It is my prayer that I will be financially able to forward a contribution to Ray by the end of this month. You both mean so much to all who visit this forum and love the teachings of Ray Smith. My prayer is that GOD will provide HIS full blessings for the both of you.
In HIM,

MePogo

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2010, 06:08:37 AM »

Thanks so much for the update.  My husband's Stage iV is following downhill progress but is becoming too weak now.  He can no longer sit in the wheel chair for more than a few minutes and is in so much pain.  Even elevating his upper body puts more weight on his hip.  The prosthetic inserts were bolted into healthy bone but that bone is now cancerous and the rods have nothing to hold on to so every movement is agony.  In my Wayne's case, we know we are reaching the end but God has given me such strength.  I'm very tired and I've lost 60 pounds (not a bad thing).  I have sad moments and times of weakness but feel closer to God than ever.  At the worst times, I seem to be strangely strong.  Then, I pray and feel such love and support that sometimes I even feel like the Lord folds me in his arms.  We were having good days and bad days but now have good hours and bad hours.  Sometimes he doesn't have the strength to talk and I have to guess what he wants or needs. I'm so strangely at peace and I surprise myself every day. 

I think about Ray and his wife all the time and keep them in my prayers.  This evil illness!  How is his wife doing?  Are the doctors able to keep Ray somewhat pain free?  Please give them my love and best wishes.  How obvious it is that Ray's work isn't yet finished and it seems he is being given time to this purpose.  I hope and pray for his improvement.  He is quite an inspiration to me and his work has set me on a path that changed my life; my outlook on life.

Again, thank you Dennis. 

Pogo   

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
Re: Update on Ray's condition March 7th, 2010
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2010, 11:35:49 AM »

Ray is never pain-free Pogo but it is manageable much of the time. His wife is in more pain than he is in most of the time.

I passed your post on to Ray.

I wish I had some answers for you, but I don't. The best I can do is pray for your husbands comfort.

Dennis

onelovedread

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2010, 01:46:37 PM »

Ray
Just know that we never stop giving thanks to God for you, and praying that God continue to hold you and your family close to His "heart" and should it be His will, heal you completely in body and spirit.
Dennis
Thank you for always keeping up to date with Ray's progress. I have prayed for your health and hope your difficult days of pain are now behind you. Blessings to you and your entire family.
Onelove

OBrenda

« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2010, 08:43:08 PM »

I just simply want to say we Love You L. Ray Smith!!!!!

iris

« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2010, 11:18:39 PM »

Brother Ray, you and your family are always in my prayers!

Love,
Iris

Samson

« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2010, 06:25:57 PM »

Thanks Dennis,

Brother Ray has endured so much physical suffering, but God continues to use Him to Spiritually benefit, All of us. To be confined to a Wheel Chair is not something I wish on anyone, especially Ray. I've never known of anyone in Modern Times that continues doing God's Work in the midst of so much suffering without complaining to any of us. May His example inspire the rest of us to cope with Our lot in life without complaining.

Kind Regards, Samson.

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2010, 07:43:05 PM »

Samson,
Ray and so many other elect of GOD are asked to share in the fellowship of CHRIST"S suffering "Phil3:10". We see more and more of this every day and each of us can be assured that our time will come. My prayers for all, especially for Ray and his wife, as their load seems almost unbearable. However, we are promised that GOD will provide a way and in that we can be confident.

Jennie

« Reply #38 on: March 18, 2010, 11:29:38 AM »

The suffering in this world is so hard to take sometimes. I pray for all the care-givers. Often times the patient has meds. to ease their pain but care-givers just have to go through it. Love from Old Jennie

bpenelli

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2010, 08:04:17 PM »

Hebrews 6:7 For ground that drinks the rain which often falls on it and brings forth vegetation useful to those for whose sake it is also tilled, receives a blessing from God...10 For God is not unjust so as to forget your work and the love which you have shown toward His name, in having ministered and in still ministering to the saints.

Romans 5:3 Not only so, but we also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance...

Ray, you are in my prayers.
Romans 7:24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? 25 Thanks be to God—through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law, but in the sinful nature a slave to the law of sin.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 24 queries.