bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A note to Forum members  (Read 5877 times)

bambam

A note to Forum members
« on: March 08, 2010, 11:38:45 AM »

To all who love the truth,
  I wanted you to know that I feel safe here.  I have been to other web sites that may sound good or have some things seemingly right.  But this is the only place that I feel like the truth always seems to prevail.  I wish I could respond to everyone about everything!  Of course that isn't possible.  But I am thankful to God and to those who have been used by him to make this site and to keep it safe from the lies that can so easily twist their way into one's mind.  And I am thankful for posts that encourage me, admonish me, and instruct me.  I feel so lonely at times not to have a person physically near who knows this truth and believes it.  But I know you are out there-even people who know nothing of this forum.  Thank God, He is building HIS church and we are all part of it.  I am just glad I have this place!!

May God be with you all!!
Beth

Ninny

Re: A note to Forum members
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 12:02:50 PM »

Beth,
you are not alone in your feelings, it would be a lonely life if I didn't have you and the others here who always come along side me to share my life and pray for me! It's very good to know that we are there for each other... :)
Kathy :-*

DougE6

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 12:11:14 PM »

Hello Beth

Pro 25:11  A word fitly spoken is like apples of gold in pictures of silver.

That was really nice, what you said about the Forum...and I can second it, because it is true! I hope that God continues to bless the fellowship and growth taking place here.  And we know that God will continue to lead you and will take care of you as He has already lead you to this Forum and to the truths of God.

Doug

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 01:13:54 PM »

Hello Beth,

I feel so lonely at times not to have a person physically near who knows this truth and believes it.

I totally understand that feeling. I pray that God gives me the gift to teach and preach His gospel so that I can start a bible study here in Atlanta. Nevertheless not my will, but His will be done. I know we, as the body of Christ, are assembled together in spirit and truth just as you quoted, however I want to be able to hug my brothers and sisters in the Lord. There's an old hym that states "when we all get together what a day of rejoicing there will be, when we all see Jesus we will sing and shout the victory."

Be encourage Beth and continue to remind yourself that you're not alone. I understand and identify with your spirit, just as all the brothers and sisters in Christ do.

With Love,

Charles

mharrell08

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 02:16:01 PM »

I pray that God gives me the gift to teach and preach His gospel so that I can start a bible study here in Atlanta.

Just an FYI, I'm in the Atlanta area (Douglasville to be exact). 2 down...

Marques

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 03:32:55 PM »

GREAT MARQUES!!! I think it's long overdue that I come and fellowship with you. I know we had mentioned it in the past, but you stated that you didn't know who would lead the study. Also I haven't been as adamant about meeting you because I felt so unworthy. I wasn't studying diligently last year and I was just so depressed, but thank God I'm much better now. I am truly blessed by your posts here and the wisdom God has given you. I eagerly look forward to meeting you. I will send my contact info to you via pm and maybe we can have lunch or something. I'm getting excited at just the thought of meeting you brother. I so look forward to it. YESSSssss!!! ;D

Charles

mharrell08

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 03:46:22 PM »

Also I haven't been as adamant about meeting you because I felt so unworthy.

No problem Charles, I look forward to meeting you as well. And please don't think you are unworthy to meet or anything like that. I put my pants on one leg at a time just like you.  ;)

Marques

onelovedread

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 04:35:56 PM »

I'm in NY. I also would love one day to catch up with you, Marques. I have family in Stone Mountain, so if and when I come to visit, I'd love to touch base with my forum family there. You have been a tremendous blessing to me and such a great help in my spiritual walk. Are you really just 28? !!!

mharrell08

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 04:58:00 PM »

I'm in NY. I also would love one day to catch up with you, Marques. I have family in Stone Mountain, so if and when I come to visit, I'd love to touch base with my forum family there. You have been a tremendous blessing to me and such a great help in my spiritual walk. Are you really just 28? !!!

Yep, that's what the birth certificate confirms  :D

I'll send you and Charles a PM with my email...just shoot me a note when you are in the area. Talk to you then

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 05:56:46 PM »

Living far away in South Africa has made this Forum into a spiritual home away from home for me. I do not know that I shall ever have the opportunity of ever meeting any of you face to face. So the way I see it is that through the internet,  the physcial body is thrown off and our thoughts meet our hearts and minds to embrace us in that Unity of His Spirit. It has not mattered to me what the age of a member is. What has been the most important thing is what they are saying.

Arc
« Last Edit: March 08, 2010, 06:06:05 PM by Arcturus »

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 03:08:49 AM »

So the way I see it is that through the internet,  the physcial body is thrown off and our thoughts meet our hearts and minds to embrace us in that Unity of His Spirit.

deborah, your statement above brought a thought to mind. God has planned this website and this forum from the beginning, even down to the fact that through the internet, physical appearances of the people we communicate with are not even a consideration (unless one day this forum went to live feed  :o). we relate to each other in heart, mind, and spirit.

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 04:45:39 AM »

Yes Claudia

That is precisely it. Your view inspires the next thought up from what I said.

When we are in unity of our mind, hearts and souls in the Spirit of Christ, we will not be influenced by our outward appearances! We will not go around like the Babylonians who can tell just by looking into your physical eyes, that you are or that you are not, a child of God!.....Oh for their literal deceiving ways! It ends here and now!

We in this Forum, are certainly in the tuition of the Spirit of Christ here in this Forum to see, without seeing, to hear, without hearing and to comprehend the things of the invisible Spirit of our God. It is so wonderful.

Thank you for your always inspiring thoughts and contribution in the labor of building the Church of Christ.

Arc

9440geoff

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 07:07:29 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for starting this thread Beth. It's posts like yours that make me feel such a part of this body of Christ.

I haven't posted lately, but I've been reading a lot. I've just started Kat's latest transcription of the 2009 conference (thanks for all your work in doing this, Kat). I thought the following excerpt would fit in well here:

WE ARE ADMONISHED TO ASSEMBLE TOGETHER:

Now we are admonished to assemble ourselves together and it is a difficult thing when you live in Great Britain and central Mexico and northern Canada and all of that. But we are here today and you know we are making a golly good effort. As Jesus say;

Matt 18:20  For where two or three are gathered together in My name, there am I in the midst of them.

Heb 10:25  Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another…

1John 1:7  But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

So hopefully that is what we are doing here. We are assembling… trying to get the true knowledge of God… we are hopefully humbling ourselves… we are determined to walk in the light… learn God’s Truth… we are having fellowship one with another… the end result is we will be cleansed from all our sin! How good is that! That’s a good thing. Right? That’s worship.

We are worshipping here. We are not singing, we are not dancing, we are not falling over backwards and foaming at the mouth or speaking in mumbo jumbo. But we are here, we are assembling, we are fellowshipping, we will hopefully have a humble attitude, we are hungry and thirsty for God’s Truth. That’s WORSHIP! We are worshipping. Do you follow?

Well what about all the days we don’t assemble? Well you don’t have to be in a physical assembly to worship. Just follow instruction.

John 4:21  Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe Me, the hour cometh, when you shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.
v. 22  You worship you know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
v. 23  But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshipers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeks such to worship Him.
v. 24  God is a (‘a’ is not in the Greek) Spirit: and they that worship Him must worship Him in spirit and in truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.

Not that you can, but you “MUST worship Him in spirit and in truth.” Not that you can or can’t, you “must.” We must worship “in spirit and in truth.”  There’s the answer as to how, when and where we are to WORSHIP God.

When Israel was condemned for idolatry, they didn’t worship “in truth.” Those statures and stuff that they bow down to, that’s not truth and it’s not spiritual, but very physical. You can bust the nose off of those gods.

Geoff

hummer

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 10:34:01 AM »

Hello all,
The forum with the members expressing much love and encouragement and at times correction to one another is enlightening.

Malachi 3:16 (GNB) Then the people (The Forum) who feared the Lord spoke to one another and the Lord listened and heard what they said. In His presence, there was written down in a book a record of those who feared the Lord and respected Him.

I cherish when I'm able to read Ray's teachings and your posts.

Hummer

ez2u

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2010, 10:59:23 AM »

Praise the Lord   peggy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.152 seconds with 18 queries.