bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lunch With Marques  (Read 5606 times)

LiberatedEagle

Lunch With Marques
« on: March 09, 2010, 10:49:28 PM »

Greetings Family,

I wanted to share with you all how I enjoyed lunch with Marques today. His meek demeanor and soft tone of voice kind of threw me off.  Based upon the stern and no non-sense approach he has on the forum I was expecting more of dominate demeanor. I was thinking to myself, "don't ask any stupid questions because he'll rip you to pieces" :-[ J/K However, I saw first hand that he's only a warrior in the spirit and very meek and humble in person, especially when he knows you're apart of the body of Christ. He explained how he's been here on the forum for awhile and seen many come into the forum holding on to idols of the heart. His approach here on the forum is fully-merited IMO and I admire the amount of studying he's done and his diligence in the word.

As I was writing the first paragraph, Apostle Paul came to mind. I think it was the Corithians that said the same thing about Paul, "In letters he's bold, but among them he's meek. Another small indication that we are all one in spirit and have similar characteristics, even with those who have gone before us. They were all regular men and women just as we are. In times past it seemed to me that the patriarchs who come before us were more than human. I look at the things they accomplished in the spirit and it's like amazing, supernatural. That's the beauty of God, he takes those things which are despised and base among the world and transform them into spiritual giants. Our God is an awesome God.

I am excited about what the future holds. We intend to meet regularly now and I believe God is about to do something here in Atlanta. I ask that everybody pray for us that we continue representing God's word in this part of the vineyard. Since I made mention of us meeting today on the forum, I though it only right to give an update on how blessed I was today meeting with Marques.

In His Will,

Charles

Ninny

Re: Lunch With Marques
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 11:35:31 PM »

Charles, I'm glad you got to meet Marques...He's a sweetheart! well, maybe not to you! hehehe!!  ;D
Kathy ;)

mharrell08

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:56:15 AM »

It was great meeting with Charles as well. His enthusiasm for the Truth just naturally rubs off and inspires you to do the same.

I'm looking forward to our fellowship meetings and am glad to have another believer to talk with.  :)

Marques

Akira329

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 01:58:28 AM »

Fantastic!!! :D

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

cjwood

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 02:18:13 AM »

i want to have lunch with you guys.  :D  your description of marques being a warrior in the Spirit and very meek and humble in person, is spot on!  and you charles, i'm sure, are very blessed for the opportunity to get to know our marques better. enjoy your time hanging out at lunch.  i remember when marques and antaiwan used to get together weekly.

claudia

Akira329

• "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings."
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 02:45:32 AM »

I'm in Okie now Claudia! (Oklahoma for short)
In due time, I'll be back!!

Antaiwan
"Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile"
-Albert Einstein
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."
- Jesus

cjwood

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 02:53:37 AM »

I'm in Okie now Claudia! (Oklahoma for short)

Antaiwan

possibly i forgot to mention before that i am an "Okie" from muskogee. but, i am really a texan. in due time you will be back in atlanta antaiwan, and then, there will be three dynamic men of God sharing lunch together. awesome.

claudia

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 07:34:45 AM »

Thanks for sharing that insight into Marques personality with us Charles.  8)

It reminds me of the times when we had to be informed that the slander against Rays astute replies to the emails he received were not written from a spirit of pride or anger but were composed from wisdom and knowledge of God  drawn from love and obedience to God to expose heresy.  8)

Your comparison to Paul and Marques and his demeanor in person by contrast to his letters makes Marques more visible to us!

Thank you!

Arc

onelovedread

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 01:59:31 PM »

Thank you Charles
I knew it! When you wrote: "However, I saw first hand that he's only a warrior in the spirit and very meek and humble in person, especially when he knows you're apart of the body of Christ." it just confirmed what I thought. I'm glad you guys were able to meet and to share and I am excited by the interest (from South Africa to Texas and beyond) that the meeting generated and the love that touches all of us family members. I promise to join you in prayer for Atlanta.
As Arc shared in another beautiful post: "Let no one ever again make any one of us feel guilty or disobedient towards God for not gathering with them in their man made Church’s for we gather every time we open the Forum to read, participate and reflect on God and His Spirit right here in our midst as we discuss and meditate and are following our Lord as He leads us to green pastures and feeds us His flock – in private right here in this Forum. As Ray says, he is in Chruch every time he opens his Bible!"
Now those of us who can meet together in person, are doing so. I will make my visit to Atlanta a greater priority.

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 02:17:39 PM »

Looking forward to it Antwain, and I pray there be a few more sisters and brother here upon your return.

Charles, I'm glad you got to meet Marques...He's a sweetheart! well, maybe not to you! hehehe!!

When I first came to the forum he was a bit rough with me. I straightened all of that out yesterday Kathy  8), I don't have to worry about him anymore  LoL.

and you charles, i'm sure, are very blessed for the opportunity to get to know our marques better.

You betta believe it Claudia. Just to know I have a brother as strong in the spirit as Marques here in the same city, increases my sense of accountability. I believe God is already causing me to discipline myself more in a few areas of my life, especially in regards to more studying.

Thanks for sharing that insight into Marques personality with us Charles.

The pleasure is mine my beautiful, glorious, camouflaged sister in Christ  ;) ;D

Charles

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 02:28:41 PM »

;D You really are a brother - you even talk like me Charles. ;D

beautiful, glorious, camouflaged

Same accent! :D 8)

Arc
« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 02:31:02 PM by Arcturus »

LiberatedEagle

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 02:32:56 PM »

Hey OneLoveDread,

I'm glad you guys were able to meet and to share and I am excited by the interest (from South Africa to Texas and beyond) that the meeting generated and the love that touches all of us family members. I promise to join you in prayer for Atlanta.

Marques sent a pm to me with a cc to you. I got excited because I thought you were joining us too. Then Marques told me you were in New York. I was like aww mann  :( However, he did say that you were planning to come this summer. We are so looking forward to it. We may not let you go back and kidnap you like the missionaries did in Haiti.  ;D

Charles

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 10:08:25 AM »

Where do you guys meet in Atlanta? I live down I-20 West past Six Flags.

mharrell08

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 11:39:16 AM »

Where do you guys meet in Atlanta? I live down I-20 West past Six Flags.

We met for lunch, close to my job in Buckhead. We were meeting every other Sunday but schedules began to get busy.

I live in Douglasville, which isn't too far from you. Send me a PM if you ever want to make time to chat.

Shawn Fainn

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 01:12:13 PM »

We met for lunch, close to my job in Buckhead. We were meeting every other Sunday but schedules began to get busy.

I live in Douglasville, which isn't too far from you. Send me a PM if you ever want to make time to chat.

Sounds good. PM sent.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.