bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: God would be unfair if---  (Read 4871 times)

Duane

God would be unfair if---
« on: June 21, 2010, 03:37:42 AM »

I was giving Ray's "hell" article some thought and I came up with a thought that I have never heard ANYONE express so I'll try it on "the Forum": here!
I was raised to believe that when a person died that they immediately went to heaven or hell.  After reading, and BELIEVING Ray's biblical articles, I got to thinking that it all made sense! 
Problem for non-believers:
Suppose two people lived pretty identical lives and neither one of them "accepted Christ" before they died;  HOWEVER, one lived in the time of Jonah-- and the other died yesterday. Question--what did the first person do to deserve these extra thousands of years in hell that the second person won't have to experience because he died yesterday?!  Why should man "one" be tormented all these extra centuries simply for the "sin" of being born thousands of years earlier than man "two"?
No one ever brought this up for discussion and it is soooo obvious a problem. 

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
Re: God would be unfair if---
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2010, 03:59:32 AM »

I'm betting that there is at least one theology professor AND one 4th grade sunday school teacher who have attempted to answer this.  And I'm betting the professor was the only one with the satisfied student.   :D

Good one, Duane.  Welcome to the forum, btw. 
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Ellie

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2010, 07:15:58 AM »

Oh yeah......If that was a sentence tried in  a court of law..you would just want to fire that old judge..for sure...

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2010, 10:13:26 AM »

You make a valid point Duane.

One can pretty much run circles around them! They tie themselves up in the doctrines they preach.

We know what God says will happen to Gideon, Samson, David, Samuel and the prophets of the OT

Heb 11:33  Who through faith subdued kingdoms, wrought righteousness, obtained promises, stopped the mouths of lions,
Heb 11:34  Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakness were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

Ask them and they have to say according to their false doctrines that they are all in Hell and that is Justice!
We know and believe

Heb 11:39  And these all, having obtained a good report through faith, received not the promise:
Heb 11:40  God having provided some better thing for us, that they without us should not be made perfect.

No one can be perfect while in a compromise with heresy or agreement with those corrupted false teachings of those who preach, believe, defend and approve of unending torment and damnation they assign to the nature to our God. Associations with those who hold on to their enjoyment of thinking God is going to make their enemies suffer such despicable agony, are soon dissolved when they find out we believe God will save everyone, not anyway, but through a mighty correction of chastising re-education that shall straighten out such diabolically evil beliefs. Well did Jesus say we would be persecuted and hated for Who we know and believe. Being hated and mis-understood, punished and rejected is praiseworthy sign post along the amazing way to perfection. We see the path but to them, it is not known and neither is it visible. This is according to the Plan and Purpose of our God working all things after the council of His own Will.

Welcome to the Forum!

Arc
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:23:50 AM by Arcturus »

Roy Martin

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 10:44:46 AM »

Hi Duane, welcome to the forum.
 They do the excellent job God has assigned them to do: (vessels of dishonor.)
Forgive them,for they know not what they do.

Peace
Roy
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:53:02 AM by Roy Martin »

gmik

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 10:13:22 PM »

Excellent point Duane!  I never had thought that way before!

Going on vacation w/ 6 other babylonian "Christians"in August.  I just know this will come up.

People who think their loved one is "going to hell" like the idea of plain ole death till the resurrection.  People who think their loved one is "in heaven" hate it.

They like to pretend their loved one is looking down at them, happily, doing the same human things we do...yuck all the Facebook posts about their dead fathers enjoying Father's Day in heaven..blah blah...

Oh well, I try to remember I thought that too, but when presented w/ a point like Duanes I would think about it and find scripture, not just dismiss it!  Ah patience...God is not drawing them at this time...it is all God's will and timing.

GinaMilan

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2010, 12:59:59 AM »

They like to pretend their loved one is looking down at them, happily, doing the same human things we do...yuck all the Facebook posts about their dead fathers enjoying Father's Day in heaven..blah blah...
~Gena

;D !

Cypress

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I <3 jj81
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2010, 11:33:58 AM »

So true!
Elaine
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.