bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: prayers for my dogs, pups and us.  (Read 5061 times)

darren

prayers for my dogs, pups and us.
« on: July 29, 2010, 03:11:04 AM »

Hello everybody, I haven't posted in a long time but that doest mean I haven't been reading everyday. The posts and replies or so good that I just feel I can't really add much to the conversations. Anyway those who know me know I have many dogs and puppies. God has blessed me with a loving family which include my Katrina dogs. I was at the vet getting the puppies a check up, mainly for worms. They were getting skinny. I wormed them myself a few weeks ago but they wasn't gaining weight. The worst news for a daddy to hear about his  puppies. Parvo. All 6. That was three days ago. Yesterday their mother got sick and 2 of the middle dogs. Today I lost 2  puppies. I'm about to loose 2 more tonight or tomorrow. The only thing I can do is try to keep them hydrated. It's not working. I just wanted to ask for your prayers that God's Will,will save some of them. This is 3rd generation Katrina pups. Some of you here know me and what my family and thousand of other family's went through. BC and AC, excuse me. I have to go clean up a mess on the carpet. Man what a nightmare this is. There's no need to get graphic here. Gotta go now. Thanks for your time. Good night. God bless.

God bless this mess,
Darren

Kat

Re: prayers for my dogs, pups and us.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2010, 11:11:46 AM »

Daren, I am so sorry to here about your pups. We had a pup get that a few years ago and it is a terrible thing. It's almost always fatal unless they are given intravenous fluids, which saved ours. Older dogs are usually able to handle it and should be okay. Poor little things, so sad. I'll pray that some will pull through.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

jassy

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2010, 02:51:58 PM »

Darren, my dog when she was a pup also got parvo. the problem is that they are so small. If you can get your hands on raw honey put it in some warm water and give to the pups every hour with a syringe. At least 10ml a go and more for the bigger dogs. I dont know if something from our country called Rooibos tea has ever hit your shores but if it has, combine it with honey.
Stay away from milk and meat, even if they smell it, it makes them ill. Try cooked white chicken slivers only.

And I am praying for you and your pups, I know what a heart rending experience it is to go through.

strength to you
jassy

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 02:24:10 AM »

all things bright and beautiful
all creatures great and small
all things wise and wonderful
the Lord God made them all...

parvovirus stinks. literally. a most horrible stench. i worked for vets for 10+yrs and i still remember the smell of it in my nostrils. iv fluids can do good work. we also would give the dogs gatorade to help build up their electrolytes. multiple dogs on iv fluids can become crazy expensive quickly. jassy's raw honey suggestion might also be helpful. raw honey has many positive properties. i will keep your pack in my prayers darren. please keep us posted.

claudia

Marlene

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 02:08:48 PM »

I know how much your Dogs mean to you Darren. I will keep them in my prayers.

In His Love,
Marlene

OBrenda

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 10:45:30 PM »

Sorry to hear that Darren

Will pray

darren

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2010, 04:05:00 AM »

Thanks for your prayers and kindness. The worst is over.  not without a heavy price. 5 pups gone. One 8mo girl. One pup did not get sick and the last one pulled through. Today is day four and the last pup took a turn for the better today. She's eating and drinking on here on and everything is OK on the back end. ??? The mother of the pups that died is having issues. She's not eating but is drinking on her own. Shes bleeding little when she goes potty. I'm worried.

Yes Claudia, The mess  Parvo makes is most foul. Terrible. We had 7 to take care of. I had Iv-bags hanging on the walls, syringes,worm meds. Antibiotics, Gatoraid, babyfood, BLEACH. A ton of bleach. God let us help and saved one from death. We all know He's the One who is responsible.
Thanks Jassy, The honey worked great. Chicken broth, baby food, and gatoraid.
Thanks Brenda, Marlene and Kat. You guys are the best. God bless all of you.

Darren   

jassy

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2010, 05:00:11 AM »

Darren, thanks for letting us know. Been ill for a couple days so trapped at home with laptop. All I have been thinking about is G.Driggs little Shanna and your pups.
Been through it twice, in one case I only had one pup, a rottweiler and the second time it was the sister of the idiot dog you see at the side of my post.
You and I know however that no matter how much gatorade, honey and chicken you shove  down their little throats only God brings those little bags of bones through.

So sorry you lost five and am still praying for the rest.

jassy

judith collier

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2010, 05:19:13 AM »

So sorry Darren. i'm glad some were saved. i pray the mother gets stronger, Judy

darren

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2010, 11:33:07 PM »

Just an update. The mother is doing well. I think she was grieving. We pulled the carpet up today and doing a total cleanse. My wife said one of the little pups threw up today. It could be something she ate or too much heat. You know now any little symptom and we thinks its parvo. The next three days will gives us an ansewer. Thanks for all your prayers and concerns. Thanks for all your kindness. Lets not  forget to give thanks to God for the blessing we do have.

Darren
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 03:21:07 AM by darren »

darren

« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 01:53:41 AM »

greetings everybody, I hesitate to write this cause some here are going through way harder things then me.. I just can't stop this virus from killing my puppies. I lost 3 more since last posted and tomorrow I will put one more down. I have 2 left out of 6 and lost 7 out of an early litter. We'll see if the 2 left make it or not. They get their 3rd shot next week and it should boost their immune system enough so that they can protect themselves. Just wanted to update those who were wondering.

Darren

jassy

« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 10:47:56 AM »

Hi Darren

was hoping it was over for you. So sorry you still going through this with your pups. This has been a tough year for a lot of people. I dont know how you get through without trusting Jesus.  I often wonder how people cope without belief in Him. Cause its hard enough when you believe.

jassy

longhorn

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 03:09:18 AM »

Sorry to hear about your dogs. 

Longhorn

Ninny

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 08:46:42 AM »

Hi Darren,
Don't  ever feel bad about asking for prayers for your doggies! I lost 2 dogs a couple of weeks ago..They were Westies...the heat just got to them..they were old dogs and kind of frail...My husband just had surgery and even though the dogs were being cared for..I just wasn't there to make sure they were staying cool...So I know how helpless you feel in a situation you can't seem to control! Thinking about you!
Kathy :'(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 22 queries.