bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An Update on Elijah!  (Read 2799 times)

Ninny

An Update on Elijah!
« on: August 08, 2010, 02:08:21 PM »

I'm not going to tell you that Elijah is 100% his cancer has been in remission for many months now..a year, I think!
But I wanted to share something with you that made my heart soar and those of us who know him are crying tears of joy!!

He spent the night with me Thursday night...with his family of course! He is such a little boy! He's 3 and he still can't walk..I think I told you they removed a part of his brain that deals with balance..he is strong as an ox, and I believe one day in the not too distant future he will walk..he tries really hard and he's determined!!

His cancer for those who might not know is called medulla blastoma and it was very aggressive..I've told you this before, but on his initial surgery to remove his tumor he lost his total blood volume THREE times!!

There are many things he's never done since the surgery, 1 is to walk unassisted...2 is he's never laughed or cried, (he can scream bloody murder, but no laughing no crying) since his surgery...3 he has NEVER given up on his fight to do things!! Well...

Grayson had a toy I am not even sure which toy it was! Anyway, when my daughter-in-law saw how much Elijah liked it she gave it to him.. they took it home and as he played with the toy....he laughed out loud for the first time in almost 2 years!!!!! He had his tumor removed a few days after Gray had his surgery and it has been all this time without a laugh!!!

When he spent the night with me his daddy was carrying him and he was wanting to go play in the playroom...he kept saying, "Put me down, dada, put me down!!" hehe! I said "daddy, put him DOWN!!! he wants to play!!" So now he's even making moves toward getting potty trained! He may be a little late, but at least he's definitely moving forward!!
God is good! Even in bad times, God is good!  :D
Laugh on little fighter, laugh on!!
Kathy  :D \o/

Nan

Re: An Update on Elijah!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 03:12:08 PM »

How wonderful!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 17 queries.