bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: him  (Read 4196 times)

ez2u

him
« on: May 03, 2011, 05:11:32 PM »

i was reading the post about what Jesus will do when he comes back.  got as far as Bill's post and saw something interesting
Heb 9:28  So3779 Christ5547 was once530 offered4374 to bear399 the sins266 of many;4183 and unto them that look for553 him846 shall he appear3700 the(1537) second time1208 without5565 sin266 unto1519 salvation.4991

i purposely left the # in  this struck me differently  its this   and unto them that look for him  him  is in lower case letters  here is the Greek in this word

G846
αὐτός
autos
ow-tos'
From the particle αὖ au (perhaps akin to the base of G109 through the idea of a baffling wind; backward); the reflexive pronoun self, used (alone or in the compound of G1438) of the third person, and (with the proper personal pronoun) of the other persons: - her, it (-self), one, the other, (mine) own, said, ([self-], the) same, ([him-, my-, thy-]) self, [your-] selves, she, that, their (-s), them ([-selves]), there [-at, -by, -in, -into, -of, -on, -with], they, (these) things, this (man), those, together, very, which. Compare G848.

this him  who is he?  the second time without sin  Jesus was without sin the first time

Kat

Re: him
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 07:44:40 PM »

Hi Peggy,

Not all Bibles tranlations capatized the pronouns, but some do.

Here is the Concordant Literal Version.
Heb 9:28 thus Christ also, being offered once for the bearing of the sins of many, will be seen a second time, by those awaiting Him, apart from sin, for salvation, through faith."

MKJV
Heb 9:28  so Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many. And to those who look for Him He shall appear the second time without sin to salvation.

LITV
Heb 9:28  so Christ having been once offered "to bear the sins of many," Christ shall appear a second time without sin to those expecting Him for salvation.

So as it speaks of "Christ" at the beginning of this verse, that is who the "Him" is at the end.

mercy, peace and love
Kat

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 07:47:48 PM by Kat »

Nutman

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 01:38:50 AM »

I would say that the begining verses of ch10 explains what your are asking.

Duane

« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 08:50:26 AM »

In jest, I would say tht ez2u, ISN'T ez2me!  And from Nutman's post, I would say that he is ANYTHING BUT
a nut--MAN!  LOL.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.