bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: earthquake  (Read 3286 times)

cjwood

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
earthquake
« on: August 24, 2011, 03:54:15 AM »

i just wanted to give a shout out to any, and all, of our forum family that may have experienced the earthquake which happened in the east coast of the usa.  i especially thought of our rené, and her family, who live in the d.c./virginia area.  i know there are also members in n.y.c. area and north.  i pray you all have come through this shaking of the earth, with everything intact.  just wanted to let you know i was thinking of you all today.

claudia

Joel

Re: earthquake
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2011, 07:21:06 AM »

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers, I was in a building that has concrete slab floors a little after 2 pm yesterday (N.C.) and it was doing some really bad back and forth movements.
Felt like someone had their foot on the chair I was sitting in, shoving it back and forth, I actually thought that is what was happening for a couple seconds until I realized what it was. :o  Shook a lot of people up in the building I was in.

Joel

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 11:54:30 AM »

Hi Claudia,

I was on my way to work in my car and, believe it or not, I thought I had a flat tire because I heard a strange rumbling and the car moved up and down! ;D

When I started noticing people evacuating buildings all around me, I still didn't thing of an earthquake.  By living here in the D.C. area, I am always on the alert to something more "menacing" happening , so naturally, my thoughts drifted in that direction.  Thankfully, it was only a minor earthquake. :)

René

crazy4bam

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2011, 01:33:47 PM »

Hi, Claudia!

I was on the computer at home(eastern Pennsylvania) and the computer started shaking I thought it was the washer machine from our neighbors until the whole building started shaking and the ceiling fan was jumping. The most amazing sight I saw was all the trees in the neighborhood just bent sideways and then straightened up.

Roy Coates

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 01:19:30 AM »

Didn't feel it in Detroit, many did though. I was probably mowing the lawn
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.