bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: born with a sin nature  (Read 4915 times)

kente777

born with a sin nature
« on: September 10, 2011, 09:51:42 PM »

Having an interesting discussion on Facebook, and wondered what everyone thought of these two questions:

1) Were we born with a sin nature?

2) Was Jesus born with the same nature as us (sinful)?

Thanks.

Ken

kente777

Re: born with a sin nature
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 11:57:43 PM »

John,

My next question would be, "how did the flesh of Jesus differ from ours?"  Andrew Jukes says Christ's flesh was different from ours but he doesn't explain how. 

My understanding is that Christ was "made sin" in that He had the same body of death that we have yet because of the "spirit of God given without measure," he did not sin. 

Ken

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2011, 02:45:56 AM »

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=2641.0

That's a link to the audio page.  You can scroll down and find two topics Christ/Sin I and II.

I don't think there is video for that study.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6719.0.html

That's the link to the transcript of the talk John referred to above.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 02:49:40 AM by Dave in Tenn »
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2011, 04:26:50 AM »

Hi Ken

Your question is not new. It is perhaps more than 2000 years old! So it has merit if age has anything to do with anything!

Welcome to the BTF!

Don’t mind me! Here are a few thoughts that might help give you a few pointers to the Truth you seek.

Humans are selfish.

Being selfish, was not who Jesus is.

The “sentient” being of Jesus is un-selfish. He laid down His Life.

The self of  humanity is the beast. Humanity is the 666. “You are the Beast.” L Ray Smith

The selfishness of the human being, is the beastliness of anti Christ.

Emotions of the selfish, are of one's human self. God is not human.

God is a state of Being love, joy and peace that are some of the good fruits of His Spirit in us.

God is love that doesn’t end or change or get tired. The Son of God is the life, of Love. Out of Love, Jesus was made. Christ Jesus shows us the way the truth and the LIFE.

The awareness of Christ is as the Faith Of Christ, awake or, if you like, ever aware, looking at or conscious of His Father God. As God does so does Jesus. The two are one.

Humans on the other hand are anti-love and anti-life. The evidence is the state of the world that humans have made and live in.

Love is not selfish. Selfishness is an attribute of being human. There is no such thing as love-ish.

The good news is that humanity will be saved and shall become as un-selfish as God is and as alive as is the Son of God that is Christ in you the hope of Glory.

Arc

Dave in Tenn

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
    • FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 04:27:28 AM »

Just read the transcript again myself.  God bless Ray for exposing those who contradict AND teaching sound doctrine.  I was sliding into error (and in life-affecting ways) and he stopped me short.  Once again, life gets changed.  I knew Jesus was not sin, but I was dragging around well-tattered old Baptist doctrine that I am.  Drop some psuedo-spiritual nonsense and Scripture comes alive, making it profitable for the man of God.      
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 22 queries.