bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did God create darkness?  (Read 4405 times)

Ian

Did God create darkness?
« on: October 20, 2011, 01:30:58 AM »

Did God create darkness? I was thinking about this when working in a garage today. I remember reading one of Ray's articles along with Isaiah 45:7 (KJV):
"I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things".

My question, although rather trivial, is this... ...If God created darkness, what was there before God created anything? I'm confused.

Kat

Re: Did God create darkness?
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 10:47:18 AM »

Hi Ian,

From the 2006 Mobile Bible Conference HOW DID JESUS DO “THE FATHER’S WILL”

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php?topic=3633.0 -----

So we’re talking about where Christ came from. 
It said in the beginning there was nothing physical we know of, 
and God created the heavens and the earth and the whole universe.

What was it like before creation when there was only God? 
First of all we don’t know that there was “only” God. 
There was no “heaven and earth,” but that doesn’t prove all was total void.

Was God alone in a giant space of darkness?  What darkness? 
He created the darkness (Isa. 45:7). 
God is not darkness. God is in perpetual light, He’s the Father of light, the Father of spirit. 
There is no darkness in Him, there is no night only bright (Rev. 21:23; James 1:23; 1 John 1:5). 
God is light; there is no darkness in Him forever.
----------------------------------------------------------

This is from the Nashville Conference 2007, 'WHO AND WHAT IS JESUS? & WHO IS HIS FATHER?' This might be of help to understand this as well.

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,4472.msg37591.html#msg37591 ---

A lot of scientist use to believe that matter was eternal. But the last 20 years, I’m being told, by the things I’m reading, that the majority of scientist now, definitely believe there was a creation. Now they think that creation started with a big bang, but there was a time when this didn’t all exist, and it came into existence.  From where?  Well they don’t know.

That’s why I gave you these scripture “all is out of God.”  God is spirit, God is invisible. Scripture say all that can be seen, was made from things that are not seen. They didn’t come out of nothing, they came out of what is not seen. Who is not seen? God is not seen! 
v
v
And even this Dr. Schroeder I’m reading now, I really like some of his stuff. I think he is really trying to see the truth of the scripture and science. But he’s got this thing of, ‘well where did everything come from?... God created it from nothing.' Now he knows that's not scientific. How do you create something from nothing? 'Well, God did it, He can do anything.'

This is what the scripture teaches and we do know what the scripture say about this. We read in the 11 chapter of Hebrews, and how would the writer of Hebrews 2000 years ago know this? 

Heb 11:1  Now faith is substance of things hoped for…

No it's not, it’s the "conviction" or Concordance has it "assumption." You assume what God says is correct. You 'assume' it, you don’t have proof. If you had proof you wouldn’t need faith. Faith is when you believe something that you don’t have the absolute proof for. That’s what faith is.

Heb 11:2  If the elders of old obtained a good report.
v. 3  By faith we understand that the worlds have been framed by the word of God, so that things that is seen were not made out of things which do appear (which are visible).

So the things that are seen are not made from things that are visible. Wow, how did they know that? They didn’t even have microscopes by then, they didn’t know that when you got smaller than an atom you didn’t have solid anymore, you have energy. You can’t see energy, you can’t see electricity, and you can’t even see the wind. But the Bible knew everything was made of... it’s "made out of things that do not appear." 

Bishop’s Bible says;
Heb 11:3  Through fayth, we vnderstande that the worldes  (it two words, wor - des and it really means the man age, a were-wolf is a  man wolf, so wer + des is an man age, it use to be 2 syllable word -worldes, Bishop has it in old English) were ordeined by the word of God, and that thynges whiche are seene, were made of thynges whiche were not seene.

They were made from something weren’t they, just not seen and what does the Bible tell us? All is from God, right? All is out of God, you have to believe that! You got to believe the scriptures! As long as you believe the scripture, I don’t think you will find any contradictions, anywhere.
---------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.