bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Governing Dynamics  (Read 4266 times)

Gina

Governing Dynamics
« on: November 30, 2011, 02:55:18 PM »

This is my favorite movie scene ever because it's so true on a spiritual level.  (Please pardon the language from Nash.)

http://movieclips.com/gx3fc-a-beautiful-mind-movie-governing-dynamics-ignore-the-blond/

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: Governing Dynamics
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2011, 03:05:15 PM »

This is my favorite movie scene ever because it's so true on a spiritual level.  (Please pardon the language from Nash.)

http://movieclips.com/gx3fc-a-beautiful-mind-movie-governing-dynamics-ignore-the-blond/

Loved it.

Rene

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2011, 03:11:13 PM »

Great movie, Gina, and one of my favorites too.  However, I didn't get the spiritual application you were referring to in that scene.  I can be dense sometimes. :D

René

Gina

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2011, 03:20:37 PM »

Sorry, Rene!  I guess I shouldn't say things I can't articulate.  I was referring to how Nash said, "The best result would come from everyone in the group doing what's best for himself and the group."  Because the world says "every man for himself."  Then there's the part where Nash says, "If we all go for the blonde, we'll block each other and not a single one of us will get her.  But what if no one goes for the blonde; we won't get in each others way and we won't insult the other girls."  I can't articulate how that strikes a spiritual chord in me, but it does.  Sorry!  I'm weird that way, I guess.  ::)

I guess I'm thinking of how God chooses to ignore the outward Jews (as good as they look on the outside) and goes for us weak Gentiles.  And there stands that gorgeous blonde, all insulted because no one chose her.  haha  But the good news as we know is, she'll be chosen eventually. :)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 03:31:47 PM by Gina »

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2011, 07:50:08 PM »

I was referring to how Nash said, "The best result would come from everyone in the group doing what's best for himself and the group."  Because the world says "every man for himself."  Then there's the part where Nash says, "If we all go for the blond, we'll block each other and not a single one of us will get her.  But what if no one goes for the blond; we won't get in each others way and we won't insult the other girls."

That's what I liked about it - New found wisdom that went against what was considered gospel - It's never too late to be wrong

Gina

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2011, 09:43:20 PM »

Just like Galileo!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 23 queries.