bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Throne?  (Read 4710 times)

nightmare sasuke

Throne?
« on: July 15, 2006, 01:29:09 PM »

"And, Jesus, said unto them—Verily, I say unto you, As for you who followed me in the regeneration, When the Son of Man shall take his seat on his throne of glory, ye also, shall be seated upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (Mat 19:28, Rotherham).

Doesn't Jesus have the throne now?

"But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom" (Heb 1:8, KJV).

Does this mean we sit about twelve thrones judging Judah in this lifetime?

« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 01:30:50 PM by nightmare sasuke »

jerry

Re: Throne?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2006, 01:05:43 PM »

Hi! nightmare: Your post had me for some reason look in the forth chapter of rev.verse 9-11 when the twenty four elders fell down befor him and cast thier crowns befor the thrown saying you are worthy O Lord to recieve glory and honer and power.

nightmare sasuke

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2006, 02:06:13 PM »

Hi! nightmare: Your post had me for some reason look in the forth chapter of rev.verse 9-11 when the twenty four elders fell down befor him and cast thier crowns befor the thrown saying you are worthy O Lord to recieve glory and honer and power.

"When the Son of Man shall take his seat on his throne." I thought Jesus took the seat on his throne when he ascended to the right hand of power?

jerry

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2006, 05:13:26 PM »

I think He did,makes for an intersting study,there must come a time in the future though that all kings and kingdoms in heaven and on earth hand over their rule to the Lord of Lord and King of Kings.......Jerry

Lightseeker

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2006, 06:14:59 PM »

nightmare sasuke

A little comment,   :o a little correction,  ;) and a few questions.  ???

"And, Jesus, said unto them—Verily, I say unto you, As for you who followed me in the regeneration[/u], When the Son of Man shall take his seat on his throne of glory, ye also, shall be seated upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel" (Mat 19:28, Rotherham).

Doesn't Jesus have the throne now?

He is on the spiritual throne of glory...but is he on the physical throne of our life here and now is my question?  'The regeneration' is speaking about the 'spiritual rebirth' of our spirit according to Strong's.  The only thing we have to accept for that to happen is to acknowledge that Jesus is 'the Lord' and accept Him as 'our savior'.  I am still in the process of Him being made Lord of my life.  Aren't we all?  There are areas where He is on the throne of my life, and areas where He isn't...disobedient me still is.

Does this mean we sit about twelve thrones judging Judah in this lifetime?

Not that it matters, because I still don't know the answer....but it isn't Judah that's being judged in the verse you quoted.  It's the 12 tribes of Israel which are judged.  Does this have something to do with 'spiritual' or 'physical' Israel?  I ask because Judah is a tribe of the '12 tribed' 'physical Israel'.  And aren't 10 of the tribes of physical Israel still missing today so how could we judge them?  I'm asking a question here and not stating any kind of fact.  ???  How could this verse have been fulfilled physically, by any 'Christian' for almost 2000 yrs?

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 20 queries.