bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My Smoking Cessation Blog  (Read 3195 times)

Gina

My Smoking Cessation Blog
« on: May 20, 2012, 07:55:35 PM »

;D 

Here it is DantheMan.

Okay, so I've been putting off quitting smoking.  In the past I've thought stop smoking aids won't help me much and never bought them.  But now I'm going to start thinking there is something out there that will help me. 

Today, I'm going to go to the drug store and pick up some stop smoking lozenges.   I'll keep you posted on my progress.

Gina

Re: My Smoking Cessation Blog
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2012, 02:45:20 AM »

Day 1

I did indeed go to the drug store and bought the lozenges.  (Almost backed out, but I forced myself.)  I got home, took one about 9:00 at night, and chewed the damn thing and I immediately felt relaxed, but my stomach grew feet like an ape's and kicked me in the rear. 
Lesson 1:  Let them dissolve slowwwly in your mouth. 

They take forever to dissolve, too, which is good!   (But they're freaking expensive, man!)

Anyway, I normally smoke anywhere from a 1/2 pack to a pack a day of the Marlboro 72 lights / ultralights, and I use this Denicotea filter system -- that all the girls and some guys just love:

http://www.delightmarket.com/new/catalog/product/gallery/id/295/image/559/

It's a pretty cool system.  They're really popular in Europe according to this man from Greece I met a couple years back.  But I don't appreciate the lines I'm starting to get around my lips.  Just a little trailer trashy.  No thank you very much.

Welp, I'm happy to report that today I smoked only 7 cigarettes so far and it's 9:34 p.m.  I got up at 8:15 this morning.  Had a smoke, got in the shower, got ready real quick to give myself no time to take a smoke break or two, hopped in my car and drove to work.  I lit up in the car (shame on me) and smoked a half one on the way to work because my 10 minute drive on side streets in no traffic is too much to handle, I guesssss.

But anyway...

I popped a lozenge my mouth, read the label and guess what?  You're not supposed to chew them up. 

Buy a clue, Gina.

And I made it through the kind of day that'd normally have me climbing the walls and wishing I was home, smoking just a touch more, just a touch; had three cigarettes!  Not bad.  Two of which I smoked on my lunch break and one of those I put out halfway.  Which doesn't sound like a big deal to some of you but lemme tell ya, I wanted that cigarette.  The whole thing! 
Why?  Because I can!  Just that simple.

Gina

Re: My Smoking Cessation Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 03:17:10 AM »

Days 2 and 3

Yesterday was Day 2.  I smoked about 9 cigarettes, six after I got home from work.  I'm sure I was sucking on those lozenges because my stomach was upset all day long, but I was amazed that I went from about 2 in the afternoon to 6 at night without much of a craving.  But then I got home and smoked about six.  Not great, but that was yesterday.

Today is Day 3. 

I slept pretty good last night.  I had lots of dreams but I only remember that my friend Gail and Jennifer Aniston were in two of them, respectively. :) 

I smoked about 3 this morning before work because I was feeling anxious and I just didn't feel like using a lozenge.

And then I had a smoke in the car on the way to work about 9:15. 

After I got to work, I put a lozenge between my teeth and cheek and left it there and had a cigarette around 11:00.

Only had a half cig at about 1:40 after I picked up my lunch.  I could have smoked the entire thing but just didn't want anymore of it.  That was cool.  The lozenges are def. working.  Thank God!

Had a third and last cig at work around 3:30. 

This is big:  I was perfectly content to sit and read something on the computer or do my job or whatever after 3:30 with no cig.  I had a lozenge parked in my mouth.

I had another cig around 7 when I got home from work.

(And I'm sitting here telling all the burglars when I'm away from home.  See?  Smoking really does make you stupid.  : ::) >:()

I'm leaving my smokes in my car tonight, though, instead of bringing them up to my place.  (They say if you can't throw away your cigs, you're not ready to quit.  My doctor said, if you're only smoking 5 cigs a day don't sweat it.  But I can't only have 5 cigs.  I want more!  (Like.. Bacon!!)  But I have good reasons for not smoking, for example, I don't want to give my hard-earned money to tobacco companies, and a million other reasons.)

I've had four smokes tonight so far and about to get another one, to be totally honest with you, DTM. 

So, that'll be about 11 smokes today, whereas I would have easily gone through close to an entire pack. 

Thank you for your prayers!  And if you're reading this, I love you.  You're crazy!  But I love you.

And I see Ray has died.  I think I'm gonna be quiet for a while.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 03:29:05 AM by Gina »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 18 queries.