bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Message from Ray  (Read 9237 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
New Message from Ray
« on: June 03, 2012, 04:26:51 PM »

This is strange, I was cleaning up my emails and scanned through my spam account (Normally I just delete them) but on scanning it I found an email to the forum from Ray.  He sent this on April 19th 2012, I'm sorry to you all and Ray that I did not find it and post it before now (Ray's emails had never went to my spam account in the past.)  I searched through the forum and I could not find where it was posted previously by myself or Dennis.  If someone finds where it was posted previously please let me know right away so I can remove this.

All is of God and this message may touch someone, so here goes.
Craig

Dear Forum and Readers:

I don't have anything particular on my mind to share with you today, but I just felt
like communicating as I haven't written to you very often since my last bout with
my body parts.  I'm feeling pretty well right now, although I hesitate to say that
too loudly, as it sometimes takes a turn within a few days of my statement--and
I'm not superstitious either.

I thought I had finished my paper entitled:  "Was it Better for Judas had he Not
Been Born?" but I then decided to expand my discussion on Judas' repentance.
I think it makes it a better paper, and it should be ready to post on our site in a
few days.  I'm about twenty pages along with what will probably be the first
Installment of my paper:  "Solving the Enigma of God."  It's titled: "What is the
Name of the Father and His Son?"  I hope you find it interesting and helpful.
I am also about 33 pages along with Installment Two of this series which I
entitled:  "Jesus Before Mary."

I also have about a hundred pages of additional notes, which I probably won't
use all of.  It is the last Installment that will be the most difficult. Both the concept
and the explanation are a handful for most people to wrap their minds around,
so as with all of my papers, I will strive to made it as simple, logical, and
Scriptural as I am able.  The few papers that I have read on this subject by
scholars who have a relatively good understanding of this Enigma of God,
are so erudite that I doubt many could follow or discern their teaching. That
is decidedly not how I write.

I remember one particular criticism I received years ago where in a reader
took me to task for my unlearned, unsophisticated, poor grammar, writing.
I thanked him for his critique and then asked:  "But did you UNDERSTAND
what I was saying?"  I never heard back. I am reminded of what the Jews
spoke concerning Jesus:  "And the Jews marveled, saying How knows this
Man letters, having never learned?"  And so I am asked where I learned
things not knowing either Hebrew or Greek, and having never attended a
seminary.  Tis true, all of it, but what I can do is read what those who have
attended seminary, and many are not qualified to teach the Gospel of
Jesus Christ.

Don't get me wrong, however.  Sometimes we can get a little too smug
thinking since we know a few truths of God not generally taught or accepted
in Christendom, that we are somehow spiritually superior to those who do
not understand many of these truths.  How thankful we should be, however,
that many have dedicated their lives to the study of manuscripts, archaeology,
history, languages, etc.  We wouldn't even have an English translations of
the Scriptures if it were not for such dedicated Christians (and some non-
Christians).  Not all translators are Christians. In some ways, that is an
advantage, but in other ways it can be a serious handicap.

Another tremendous help that cannot be overemphasized is the marginal
and center references found in all better Bibles.  Those marginal notes
referring one to similar passages dealing with the same subject.  Wow,
what a tremendous help they are.  And I do believe we can thank God
and Rick Meyers for the invention of e-Sword.  That one device can save
literally hundreds of man-hours when writing a lengthy paper. I you were
studying Revelation, and wanted to know if "I am the first and the last" is
found anywhere else in the Bible, how long do you suppose it would take
to find this phrase three times in Isaiah without a marginal reference or
e-Sword?  It could days.

I believe God was inspiring the accumulation of all these Scriptural
helps down through the centuries so as to be especially helpful in the
last generations of man's rule. This too has got to be part of Daniel's
prophecy that "knowledge shall be increased."

I'll close for now and wish you all a healthy and happy day.

God be with you all,

Ray

Gina

Re: New Message from Ray
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2012, 04:42:39 PM »

Thanks, Craig!!  No worries!!  That one never made its way to the forum.  What a welcome surprise. 

I especially like this part:

Don't get me wrong, however.  Sometimes we can get a little too smug
thinking since we know a few truths of God not generally taught or accepted
in Christendom, that we are somehow spiritually superior to those who do
not understand many of these truths
How thankful we should be, however,
that many have dedicated their lives to the study of manuscripts, archaeology,
history, languages, etc
.  We wouldn't even have an English translations of
the Scriptures if it were not for such dedicated Christians (and some non-
Christians).  Not all translators are Christians. In some ways, that is an
advantage, but in other ways it can be a serious handicap.

Foxx

« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2012, 05:23:42 PM »

It is wonderful to hear another message from our friend. Makes me happy and a little sad to read it.  I too hope that his last works will be published on the site. Perhaps Craig and Dennis could collaborate with whatever other notes he has written to perhaps finish what he started. I know both of them are quite knowledgeable like Ray, so maybe they would be qualified enough to finish those last couple of things he had been working on. I'm sure Manuela would be more than happy to forward it to you guys.  Just a thought, it would be a blessing to read those final pieces.

Anyway, thank you Craig!

chav

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 05:35:59 PM »

Thanks Craig
I really enjoyed that
Dave

Cypress

• I <3 jj81
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 06:01:21 PM »

Thank you for this. I haven't wanted to ask so soon since his passing, but Ray mentions those papers he was working on...and I was so looking forward to reading them...do we know if any of that material will be shared with the forum?
Elaine

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 06:06:54 PM »

I'm about twenty pages along with what will probably be the first
Installment of my paper:  "Solving the Enigma of God."

Perhaps that is just something that isn't going to be solved on this side of the veil.  I have to admit that I was hoping that towards the end that Ray, sensing that he wasn't going to win this battle would of been able to craft some last words for us while he was still able.  If that didn't get done I too, would enjoy reading some last thoughts that he had even though incomplete.  But, I realize that an unfinished paper might raise questions that nobody here would be able to answer so I understand if it can't be released.

deblynn

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 06:38:07 PM »

How timely.  Sounds like it was destined to stay hidden til now, huh?

octoberose

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 08:33:33 PM »

God has perfect timing, as always. He uses the foolosh things of this world (spam) for His own purpose.  :)

mmijares

« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »

This latest message from Ray "refreshes" my sadness of the fact that Ray is gone and can no longer finish this "Enigma of God" of which I was anxiously anticipating to read.  Nevertheless, I thought what good it would be to read, know, and be able to understand THIS truth if my way of living (spiritually) is still stuck in the mud.

I still have bunch of his writings (echoed from what is already taught in the scriptures) that need to be reread and apply in my life.

Thank you Ray....

Shawn Fainn

Re: New Message from Ray "and i'm not superstituous either"
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2012, 02:21:05 AM »

The timing of this email seems a little odd, don't you think? I know it's all in God's timing.. but just now getting this particular email about a subject many have been eager to hear and learn about... It seems like God is talking directly to us with this. Perhaps He is saying to us, 'come and seek me little further'..?

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2012, 02:29:07 AM »

It's interesting to me that the last thing we hear from ray is being of the "last generation of man's rule." I really do hope Christ is returning soon. I know ray believed we were living in special times. I remember reading his expose on the two towers and I'm pretty sure He said that we are getting near to Christ's return. I sure hope he's right on that one.

But then again.. i'm sure EVERY christian since Christ's death thought they were living in the last days. I know some of the apostles thought He was coming back in their time.. but alas.. it's been over 2000 years. Maybe that's why it's so much more likely now in our days.

I couldn't help but read this with a little sadness though, knowing I was reading ray's thoughts and that he is sleeping now. Haha, I suppose one could look at it as if he's talking from beyond the grave! xD

Anyway, thanks for sharing Craig. :)

Love,

Alex

P.S. I wish ray could have finished his paper on solving the enigma of God.. I was really looking forward to that. Perhaps it was something the Lord was just not ready to have plain and simple out in the open because we all know when ray writes, it's straight, to the point, simple and in your face! I guess the Lord didn't want that bit of information out.. atleast not yet!
« Last Edit: June 04, 2012, 02:31:10 AM by lilitalienboi16 »
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

santgem

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2012, 04:14:24 AM »

Thanks Bro. Craig for that,

Be patient! This still in my mind. Patiently waiting for Ray to finish his paper "Solving the Enigma of God".

I guess the paper is not yet made into simple by Ray but the concept is there.....

I am still very excited to see how Ray put it all in paper by the help of the  Spirit of the Lord.

Still patient and excited and hoping and eager to see the writings. God willing!

lauriellen

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »

I am hoping that Rays study notes and incomplete writings will be posted so we can at least see what direction he was looking and take up the study for ourselves. I have been giving this alot of thought ever since i heard Ray was going to write about this subject. One of the greatest commandments is to love God with all your heart and mind. How can we truely love Him if we don't really know Him or have a complete understanding of His charachter and identity? Just as the Christian world loves a 'god' who they don't really know....
lauri

Samson

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2012, 01:10:28 PM »

Thanks Craig,

I, especially appreciate ESword mentioned by Ray, in finding cross references, different passages, meanings of the Greek & Hebrew words, it does save much on one's time. A friend on Facebook sent Me a link for ESword that contains several translations, including the Concordant Literal, but I didn't follow through with it in order to gain that additional benefit. As of the present time, I only have access to the King James Version on my ESword, so if anyone can describe to Me how to get any of those other translations with ESword, I would appreciate any help. That Facebook Friend said it was Free, ie-those additional Bible translations.

Comment of Ray's from Craig's initial Post of this Thread: Another tremendous help that cannot be overemphasized is the marginal
and center references found in all better Bibles.  Those marginal notes
referring one to similar passages dealing with the same subject.  Wow,
what a tremendous help they are.  And I do believe we can thank God
and Rick Meyers for the invention of e-Sword.  That one device can save
literally hundreds of man-hours when writing a lengthy paper. I you were
studying Revelation, and wanted to know if "I am the first and the last" is
found anywhere else in the Bible, how long do you suppose it would take
to find this phrase three times in Isaiah without a marginal reference or
e-Sword?  It could days.

Thanks, Samson.

1eyebri

« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2012, 02:35:35 PM »

Try this one Samson. biblesupport.com

indianabob

« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2012, 02:36:24 PM »

Hi Bradley,

Reference e-sword. I just recently discarded my old copy of esword and down loaded the latest version from the official source, that's all I did and it came with the concordant literal; KJV plain and KJV with Strongs references within the text. You can switch back and forth during use of the software.  I have not tried to add other translations as yet. Plus it works better now.

Regards, Indiana bob

indianabob

« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2012, 02:46:25 PM »

Try this one Samson. biblesupport.com

Hello Brian,
Thanks for the information.
By the way where in Indiana do you live?
I'm in Plymouth, IN now, formerly in Culver since 1978 and before that in Crown Point since 1935.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2012, 04:26:53 PM »

I have everything off Ray's computer and I need to look at this carefully as Ray was still speculating on some issues.

I don't want to publish anything that he had not nailed down and would lead someone astray.

Foxx

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2012, 05:17:19 PM »

I have everything off Ray's computer and I need to look at this carefully as Ray was still speculating on some issues.

I don't want to publish anything that he had not nailed down and would lead someone astray.

exactly what I was thinking. I trust you would be able to post the things that won't confuse people.

lilitalienboi16

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2012, 12:10:36 AM »

exactly what I was thinking. I trust you would be able to post the things that won't confuse people.

I think this will take alot of consideration, though but most importantly prayer. We don't want to throw something out there that is not sound, speculation or a point of confusion for someone as you stated yourself.

I will certainly pray about this matter for you Dennis, that the Lord guide you in the correct decision. Whether that means we get to see these notes or we don't get to see them at all. Either way, all is of God and it's in His hands!

In Christ,

Alex
1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.