bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, RELATIONSHIP MAN-MACHINE AND FREE-WILL.  (Read 4708 times)

acomplishedartis

I'm going to talk about something that I was talking to a friend about. I told her I would send her some info and videos, but I have decided it would be better to write about the main subjects, which the videos inspired me to think about.

First here the very funny video of a bunch of robots dancing in a very emotional manner: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4t1NWH6G1f0&feature=player_embedded#!) I know it's too long, you can  just skip to the end.

So after watching this, let's think about the relationship between man and machine. I'm not an expert on the subject, but I just find these things so interesting. Because technology is evolving so fast, going so much faster from our common knowledge. What if they indeed are able to reproduce much of the capacities of the human brain? a little bit of research on artificial intelligence would blow your mind. Here is a video of Professor Hiroshi Ishiguro, who made an android version of himself: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WijMCSfX0RA)

So, who really knows? In the future this new kind of machines will be able to live along with us, work with us, and sometimes against us. I'm sure people will get attached to them easily. Come on, people are already in love with their smart mobiles, cars,  computers and workers with their machines and tools. We are becoming cyborgs! Computers in many ways are already better than us, but in different ways. For example, they can make faster calculations, some are able to store so much in their memory, and they can be able to copy and paste infinitely. But in the future, androids will smile like us, display emotions like us, be the way we would like them to be, and even protect us. This is not a prophecy, I am just trying to make you see beyond your everyday thought patterns.

So what if in a certain future people realize that we move like androids,and that we are as limited as androids.

Surely we will be able to personalize droids according to certain predetermined behavior and change the program whenever we want.

Here is an analogy, we have been programmed in certain life patterns by our own Creator. God Almighty has already determined to change the common programming that we used to have for one called... ‘‘the life of Jesus Christ. And yes, sometimes it takes a while to get a new program uploaded (...talking from experience.)

Now, when you take away the notion of free-will without the trust of a sovereign God who has planned to save all His creation, then your panorama will become a little bit gray and bitter to swallow. However whenever free-will is taken away, you are taking a good amount of naivety and stupidity out of people.

However, even without androids living all around us, the human ego does not die that easy... What a tricky poison, Humanity has to deal with!

Who knows for sure what is awaiting for the next generations? We can predict that the main future ideologies will be surely influenced by todays fast-changing technologies. All we can do now is pray for strength, try to be prepared and learn to see things like machines just for what they really are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYLm8iMY5io&feature=related

« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 05:30:51 AM by Moises G. »

doug

Re: ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE, RELATIONSHIP MAN-MACHINE AND FREE-WILL.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2012, 11:18:18 PM »

Friend Moises in sunny Cancun - hey!

What a huge topic you have pondered on!  I can see from the news that there has been an increased interest and even a demand for social robotics... robots/androids that will interact with human being in a human like manner.  It seems as though manufacturers and institutions like MIT are racing against one another to create a true social robot as evidenced with all the youtube videos on the subject.  This is an area that has great potential.

God has determined and is allowing this potential of mankind up to the limit He has pre-ordained it to be, most certainly.  We as imaginative and query seeking humans always have progressed to try and outperform our former grandest potentials.  That's just who we are!  As for me, I can only speculate as did those pioneers from earlier centuries... and am sure they never even came close to the imagined ideas as to what are the most minimal technologies we have today.  I believe we as a people have the same fate today... our imaginations can't even come close to the imagination of the technologies of the future.  As a side note though, I can see things from old action movies of the recent past being developed and used in our militaries of today.

Perhaps we'll all know our answers to the future of the androids in the interrelationship of humans in the future and these mysteries of science and technology that will advance.  For this generation it will more than likely be us looking back from our experience in the first resurrection. 

My personal opinion is that I believe sin and man's inhumanity to man is out racing technology (and more than likely being increased because of it), and God will put a halt to everything when the trials for the elect is more than what we can bear.

doug

acomplishedartis

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2012, 12:33:05 PM »

I just found this:

Ray,
>
> I believe I am understanding most of the concept of no freewill. I
> definatly understand the scientific law of cause an effect.
>
 What I guess I am stuggling with is the accountability part. I think you
> said that we are accountable because God created us to sin but in our hearts
> we are willing?
>
> I accept that I am accountable simply because in my perception I made
> choices to sin.
>
> But, didn't God make us willing as well? If I could of done nothing else
> but what I have done and God created me to be willing to do it. How am I
> accountable in this concept?
>
> I have read your free will myth paper, but seem to be stuck on that aspect
> of it.
PauL

I understand, Paul, that this truth is difficult for most to comprehend.  And I
am not completely sure why this is so.  I think possibly because we have
been trained and programmed to see too many things in only two dimensions,
when in reality there is a third dimention, but it is an illusion created by God
giving us two eyes spaced apart at the right distances to give us the illusion of
depth perception.  Well, we need a little spiritual depth perception.

Theologians and clerics would have us believe that there are only two possibilities
with regards to man's either having free choice or not having free choice.

[1]  We either have free will/choice and can make decisions based on no causing factors
whatsoever. We supposedly just create thoughts and actions out of NOTHING. Or,

[2]  We are dumb robots.

Their is no third alternative for them.  But here is the alternative truth that is in the
Scriptures and in the real work-a-day world.  We have no free choice or free will
which is not caused by anything, as such a fabled idea is not only unscriptural, but
also a physiological impossibility.  But........BUT, the alternative is not that we are
then "dumb robots."  No, a thousand times, NO.  We are intelligent.  A person can
be intelligent and yet not have free will.  We can think.  A person can think and
yet not have free will.  We can plan, think spacially, create, imagine, analyze and
manipulate difficult numbers and concepts, and WE CAN LEARN.  I do not believe
that we shall ever build such robots as ourselves
, and even if we did, we would have
to conclude that it was OUR INTELLIGENCE that built them, and they still would
not have free will or free choice either.

The fact that our choices are caused by some factor does not turn us into robots. And
because we are highly complicated and intelligent, it is God's purpose for us to experience
evil and then learn from it and choose to do good.  Suffering the pain of making bad
decisions or being Judged by God for making bad decisions is a GOOD thing, not a bad.
Certainly we do not punish a robot if it malfunctions, but robots don't have hearts and minds
and consciences to direct them or give them guilt when they do wrong. Humans are highly
developed mechanisms, organisms, creatures, etc., plus we have a spirit at our core. Something
that no robot will ever have  It is right and good that God should judge us
for doing bad things from our hearts and minds within.  Ask God to continue opening your
mind to these difficult concepts.
God be with you,
Ray

Gina

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »

That's a relief.   ;D

Joel

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2012, 02:25:25 PM »

Mankind the world over are constantly looking for answers to cure their everyday woes. Should in the process of time the inventions of man produce a product that had human characteristics and a mind as powerfull as all computers combined.
Would people bow down to it and make it their new leader? Or the president of any of the worlds countries, or maybe the world leader? :o

Joel
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 23 queries.