bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tithing  (Read 16983 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Tithing
« on: June 14, 2012, 10:56:53 AM »

Dear Rachael:  I will make a few COMMENTS... in your email:

hi Ray,
I am in agreement of your revelation about tithing, but find it difficult to understand just a few things
the first is the scriptures tell us in
Psalm 105:15 (New King James Version)
 15 Saying, “Do not touch My anointed ones,
         And do My prophets no harm.”

COMMENT:  And who told you that the two-faced, materialistic, worldly, lying hyprocrites that I reference in my articles are "God's anointed?  Here is a Scriptural example of those prophets I speak of in my writings:

Jer 14:14 Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.  Therefore thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that prophesy in my name, and I sent them not, yet they say, Sword and famine shall not be in this land; By sword and famine shall those prophets be consumed" (Jer. 14:14-15).

I don't see it appropriate that you name people by name

COMMENT:  Well I can certainly understand that, seeing that not many are willing to make the
Scriptures their sole authority for what they teach.  Are you unaware that Paul instructed us to
follow his example in all things?  And are you unaware that Paul "named people by name" (Example: Alexandre the Coppersmith) on numerous occasions, which are now a part of Scripture itself?

The Scriptures specifically admonish that a teacher of God's Word:  "...may be able both to preach with SOUND doctrine and to REFUTE [Gk: 'EXPOSE'] those who contradict it" (Titus 1:9, The New Revised Standard Version).

as when they stand before God they must be accountable for what they have taught, but not only this you will be accountable for touching Gods anointed and speaking against them I pray you get revelation of this  and repent before God.these men are still used by God regardless of mistakes they make BUT THEY WILL BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE the scriptures also say that teachers will be judged more harshly.

COMMENT:  You know, RH, the same could be said about Satan.  He too is being used of God, but
I shutter to suggest that Satan is God's anointed to teach and prophesy the truth.

the second thing is that you fail to address the new testament scriptures based on giving
here's just a few
Matthew 10:8 (New King James Version)
8 Heal the sick, cleanse the lepers, raise the dead,[a] cast out demons. Freely you have received, freely give.

COMMENT:  Are you sure that you even read my paper on tithing?  Here is a small section that I cut and pasted from my tithing paper. I believe you will see "freely giving" in there:

GIVING IS VOLUNTARY

The New Testament teachings on giving are unpretentiously simplistic involving the heart and not some law:

"…freely ye have received, freely give" (Matt. 10:8b).

"Give to him that asks you, and from him that would borrow of you turn not thou away" (Matt. 5:42).

"The churches in Macedonia and Achaia, you see, have thought it a good thing to make a contribution towards the poor Christians in Jerusalem. They have decided to do this, and indeed they owe it to them. For if the gentiles have had a share in the Jews’ spiritual good things it is only fair that they should look after the Jews as far as the good things of this world are concerned" (Rom. 15:26-27, J. B. Phillips Translation).

"Give and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over…" (Luke 6:38).

"I have showed you all things, how that so laboring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how He said, It is more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).

"But this I say, He which sows sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which sows bountifully shall reap also bountifully. Every man according as he purposes in his heart, so let him give; not grudgingly, or of necessity [Gk: ‘compulsion’ as in a commanded law]: for God loves a cheerful giver" (II Cor. 9:6-7).

Follow these admonitions on giving and you will be blessed of God.

There is one more very important Scripture that should go in this group and that is I Tim. 5:8,

"But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own household, he has denied the faith, and worse than an infidel."

Etc., etc..........

Psalm 50:10 (New King James Version)

10 For every beast of the forest is Mine,
And the cattle on a thousand hills
2 Corinthians 9:5-7 6 But this I say: He who sows sparingly will also reap sparingly, and he who sows bountifully will also reap bountifully. 7 So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver.
Luke 21

COMMENT:  Check the 3rd to last paragraph which I pasted above.  I quote this very verse and expound on it numerous times.

The Widow’s Two Mites
1 And He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, 2 and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites. 3 So He said, “Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all;

COMMENT:  Last November I dedicated nearly an entire lecture on Luke 6:38 and even passed among the group an original Widow's Mite that I purchased.

Luke 6:38 (New King James Version)
38 Give, and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you.”

COMMENT:  Check again my post above where I quote this very Scripture in my tithing paper.

I am a leader in a church and my revelation on offerings (which i prefer to call it) has not always lined up with my senior pastors but yet I have been required to teach on this subject on a number of occasions I will never teach old testament tithing.

the scriptures also tell us you shall know them by there fruits. the church i am currently in dose show evidence of much fruit including feeding the poor and  my pastor owns a business out side of the church also  he works extremely hard and this is very evident although we do not agree on tithing teaching the fruit is evident. I choose to offer up my finances to the lord as we are required to commit our whole lives to God. this dose not necessarily mean just our money.

COMMENT:  This of course has nothing to do with me or my article.

God be with you,

Ray

I could go on for hours but I shall leave you with those thoughts
May God Bless you and may You continue to Recive revelation Directly from the Holy Spirit
thank you
R H
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:17:08 AM by Craig »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 20 queries.