bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rays teachings has set me straight !  (Read 6255 times)

rick

Rays teachings has set me straight !
« on: September 18, 2015, 09:25:22 PM »

Its really fascinating to me as well as interesting in the scheme of things to be chosen by God to receive truth after a lifetime full of lies and deception.

I remember after reading some of Rays writings how I wanted to shout it out to the world , finally the real truth about God and I wanted to let everyone know because its awesome and assures us of a wonderful outcome.

Today I have much truth in me as never before, I see through the world and its deception and all its corruption, I’m no longer interested in shouting out the good news to anyone, for the most part not many really want the truth to begin with, the politicians that once angered me no longer do, the corruption of this life that enraged me no longer does or anything else that may come to be in the near future because all I’m seeing is the outworking of a loving creator and His wisdom.

Rays teachings has set me straight about God, myself and life, Like Jesus said ( the truth will set you free ) I use to wonder what that meant, free from what? Today I understand what ( free from) means.

This life I live has changed in many ways since learning those things Ray has taught, even when I go back and re read earlier post I have done, I find myself saying ( what ) cause you to say this or that ?  God is the great cause of all things in heaven and on earth, its very fascinating how all things come about.

Ray said if we had the same causes in our life as Adolph Hitler we would of done the same thing as he had done, that’s a very incredible statement to hear if you believe in free will but a profound statement to hear if you understand the truth of Gods sovereignty.

Its really not in man to direct his own footsteps or to make one choice free from cause. I find my understandings of these truths help me in every day life dealing with all things I hear, be it the news or word of mouth or things I see.

All these things I experience in life could of not been any other way according to His purpose and will, even the things I do.

I am who I am by the grace of God but not I but Christ who permeate all things in His time.

God bless.  :)

Rhys 🕊

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: Rays teachings has set me straight !
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 10:33:57 PM »

Nicely said

I find the same thing and I find the truth changes me from the inside out and I change in ways I did not know I could. When you have lies at the core then everything else becomes a lie around you.

It seems difficult to get others to see it, some seem to believe but you can tell they don't really believe. It's up to God to do that and I see that more as I discover more of His truth. Your eyes get opened even though you thought they were already opened.

Rhys
🤫

rick

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 11:29:54 PM »

Hi Rhys,

These teachings God has given us through Ray are incredible but its even more incredible to believe these truths, in fact, believing these truths are not possible unless God lets us understand them and believe them.

Ray always used multiple scriptures proving the things he was teaching are in fact true, Ray did this without fail for a good reason. Ray would write something and I would understand it and believe it yet his detractors did not understand it nor could they believe it.

As a result of these truths I no longer see the world in the same way I use to, life actually has a purpose to it besides work, sleep and die.     

These truths I learned here are not truths that taught me to believe that most things I hear and see are ok but quite the opposite, but these truths taught me to understand why things are as they are, why people do the things we people do.

Even though the outcome of Gods plan for all humanity is totally beautiful, its going to take many tears and much suffering before we shall be cloths in the glory God has in mind for all.

These truths I learned make all the difference between being deceived and understanding the deceptions of every day living.

Thanks Rhys for your reply, much appreciated and God bless.  :)

dave

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2015, 08:32:14 AM »

Selah......and Amen.

rick

« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2015, 11:55:50 AM »

Hi Micah,

These truths that are found here on B.T. that I have learned are helping me in every day living, once there was a time not long ago that I thought this world was falling apart, that the world has gone mad and was upside down.

I can no longer agree with that statement, in spite of all I hear and see, this world is where it should be at each minute of the day and night, God is in full control of all things and that is of great comfort to me.

The truth came by Ray but its God who opens the door of our understanding and shows us how these wonderful truths guide our life with His help.

You said Amen, if this is what you mean then I say Amen too.

God bless  :)

Mortemir

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 11:57:27 AM »

I am in the same boat as you Rick ;)

rick

« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2015, 10:26:57 AM »

Hi Mortemir,

The way I understand it, all humanity is in the same row boat, God is no respecter of persons, The greatest truths I believe I have learned here are the sovereignty of God and every choice is a caused choice.

These truths to me are the greatest foundational truths one needs to understand in this age if they are to be one of the elect.

Ray teaches many truths but they all leads back to these two greatest truths. Rays papers on the twelve truths to understanding His word is a necessity in understanding scripture with is totally invaluable.

If one does not believe in the sovereignty of God and believe they have free will then everything Ray teaches is of no value to them as it is imperative to understand and believe these truths.

I personally believe these truths should be discuses constantly and should be in the forefront of our acknowledgment of the sovereignty of God.     

« Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 10:46:38 AM by Rick »

Jeff

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 04:36:23 PM »

Rick,

As other's have said - I too was changed by the Truths God revealed to Ray and he then shared with everyone who would listen.  It's been nearly a decade?! of reading and re-reading everything here.  The other day I was thinking how much I wish Ray had been able to continue the work he was doing, but obviously he wasn't meant to.  And of course everyone here likely feels that way.

I found though, that at a certain point, all of this knowledge changed me in ways that I didn't expect.  One thing was that faith was less necessary.  I don't mean to say that we don't still need faith, but I didn't need to invoke that as often, simply because I had some Truth.  I think there's an emotional aspect to faith, that isn't necessarily there with knowledge.  I don't know if that makes sense, it's a difficult idea to express.  I guess having knowledge can make it more analytical.

Maybe it's a matter of - when I relied on faith entirely, having no understanding of the Truth, it was an emotional love that I felt.  Having understanding and knowledge possibly gave me a more mature love based on Truth rather than simply hope.

I wanted to shout these Truths too, and I tried, but it was doomed, and eventually I quit talking about it because it seemed to cause so much distress in others.  But then I wondered "what am I supposed to do with this new understanding?"  I don't think I've produced better fruit - I'm still as flawed as ever.  I can't tell anyone because they get upset or think I'm crazy.  I guess I'm still working this out, and pray that I'll understand why God gave this gift to me, or maybe it's just so that I can worship Him better (obviously.)

I also find that i often pick up on new Truths and increase my understanding by re-reading.

Peace,
Jeff

lilitalienboi16

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 04:58:17 PM »

Jeff,

You said, " I wanted to shout these Truths too, and I tried, but it was doomed, and eventually I quit talking about it because it seemed to cause so much distress in others.  But then I wondered "what am I supposed to do with this new understanding?"  I don't think I've produced better fruit - I'm still as flawed as ever.  I can't tell anyone because they get upset or think I'm crazy.  I guess I'm still working this out, and pray that I'll understand why God gave this gift to me, or maybe it's just so that I can worship Him better (obviously.)
"

My thoughts to that is you should be striving towards the finish line. Run that race for the crown of life.

Jesus said why do you call me Lord (worship me) and do not the things that I say? (obey)

True worship of God is obedience. Knowledge of God alone cannot save you.

Jesus said you will know them by their fruits and that sin should not reign in us.

All this is the working of God by His divine influence upon the heart so then let us all be encouraged to not become complacent but go on to perfection because God is for us and with us. He will finish the good work He has began in us!

Alex

1 Cor 1:10 "Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment."

Jeff

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2015, 07:17:55 PM »

Alex,

Yes, that's the goal - obedience. It's always been the goal. But that's kind of what I meant when I said "What am I supposed do with the knowledge?" I have this amazing understanding of God's Word, but just knowing isn't changing anything. The goal remains the same - I'm simply not as deceived as I was when I was in the church.

I'm a curious sort and wonder why God led me to this. Maybe it's just obvious - because He chose to. :)

Peace
Jeff

rick

« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2015, 09:51:57 PM »

Hi Jeff,

When I was apart of Christendom I mention I had issues with sin, their answer, don’t sin, I know that but how do I not sin, they never could answer the question.

Here we are told to be obedient, I understand that, how do I become obedient ? I am spiritually weak!.   

Sometimes I get the impression from both sides that we start off in the spirit only to finish in the flesh, not that I believe either side, I believe what Ray taught and you do too, I too like you have gained much accurate knowledge from Ray.

The order of operation I don’t care about, did God call me first then forgiven me then gave me faith and then knowledge ?

That to me is irrelevant, what is relevant is that He call me I’m aware of what I think, do and say and I’m aware of the fact I am flawed because I’m a sinner.

I see changes in myself that I can only credit God for and God only, only Divine intervention can change a person.

What do we do with all this knowledge ?  The knowledge is good because it keeps us from being deceived by what Christendom tells us about God. Jesus said those who worship God will worship in spirit and in truth, God is giving us the truth ( an accurate knowledge ) of Him.

God has been showing me that no matter how hard I try, without Him I’m a failure. The knowledge I learned here tells me why I sin and that I cannot stop until God says I will stop, and what Gods plan is which includes all humanity, God is making one huge family and we are apart of that family.

I’m sure you felt Divine intervention, if you just think about things that happen in your life, you will see God is there, if I say to you trust in God, its what you should do but you cannot until God wills you to, if I say to you be obedient to God, that is the right thing to do but you cannot until God wills you to.

God does all the work in us through us and its Devine intervention that inspires us. Its like Ray said, its all one, one Father one Lord one baptism, if one can name one thing they did on their own then they could boast but God says no one will boast and that’s because no one can do anything on their own even Jesus could not do anything on His own.

God is going to get you, me and everyone there because that is Gods will, and Gods will, will be done.

Hope that makes sense and is helpful. God bless.  :)

Jeff

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2015, 11:15:27 PM »

Rick,

Tonight I was sorely in need of inspiration. I listened to the still, small voice, and logged on, and found that in what you wrote.  I so easily get distracted from the Truth. The Adversary is vigilant.  I waiver in uncertainty until God makes me certain. I falter and fail by my nature and only regret, repent, give thanks, have hope, and love - through God's grace.

What you wrote was Spirit.  What you said is my understanding from the teaching Ray provided, but in my weakness, I doubt, and suffer because of it.

You are absolutely 100% correct. I am flesh and God's Spirit gives me clarity when I need it, but I'm still that flawed sinner waiting hopefully for God to bring me to repentance..

I can say "I will be obedient" but it's a lie.  Only God can will me to be obedient.  It's my part to have faith in Him to bring that about.  I can't even say I will be faithful, because only God can give me faith. I can no more have faith, or stop sinning, or be obedient than I can predict the future.

I think it's great sin to believe that I can be anything apart from God.  Why do I forget that so easily?  Because I'm flawed and in need of grace.

You wrote that God is showing you that no matter how hard you try, apart from Him you can do nothing.  I think that is probably the most profound thing God has taught me - and I still forget constantly, not believing the Scriptures, until He reminds me.  It's impossible for me to be anything but flesh unless and until He is working in me.  It seems counterintuitive to think that we aren't supposed to be everything Scripture commands, but the reality is that, what Scripture commands is for us to believe that God is doing profound works in us, and we can't even believe that unless God gives us that ability.

A vapor is nothing but air and water.  It has no substance, or value, unless harnessed and used. A vapor can't do anything except "be vapor" until an intelligent hand gives it purpose.  The mind that focuses the vapor to provide something useful is in complete control.

You are so right that God is going to get us all "there" according to His good purpose and will and until He does, until He gives us focus, until He drags us into repentance - we are helpless.  Only His power can enable us to accomplish the very least of what He desires from us.

Nothing we do will bear fruit unless God is the One doing it.

If Jesus needed the Father, how can we even imagine that we could do anything of value, apart from Him?

Peace, brother, you have the Spirit of God guiding you, and I thank Him for that
Jeff

rick

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2015, 02:20:49 PM »

Hi Jeff,

Ray taught us, first the physical then the spiritual, when I meditate on Rays teaching on this I realize we all start off with the carnal mind. The carnal mind hates God, it wants nothing to do with God.

So we live our carnal physical lives being a god unto ourselves doing those things we wish to do, then through Divine inspiration God touches our heart and the spiritual journey begins.

My journey began in Christendom, I was excited about God and my relationship with Him, to me it was like a honeymoon I never wanted to end, then the time came where I was confronted with my sins, so I tried my best not to sin but the harder I tried not to sin the more I sinned.

I was operating under false doctrine and believe it was up to me to stop sinning under my own ability but I discovered I could not stop doing those things I enjoyed doing, so in time I left the church feeling hopelessly condemned and believed I was destine for hell.

Divine inspiration came to me again and back to church I went and this happen a number of times, and each time my sins turned me away from God.

Believing in hell back in those days I reason with God saying if I live 80 years as an evil man doing as much harm to as many people that I can I feel it would not be fair to torture me forever.

It was divine inspiration that cause me to google ( is hell real ) . 

That’s the night I discovered Bible truths and started reading Rays papers on hell, I went to bed that night thanking God , the next day I kept thinking about Rays words and although I believe what Ray was saying I still felt an uncertainty because for many years I believed the lie they told about God sending us sinners to hell.

Today I understand the carnal minded person thinks they can save themselves with their works but the spiritual minded person knows they can do nothing on their own, it is God who calls us and it is God who gives us our faith and it is God who gives us grace and it is God who causes the grace He gives us to do the works in us but it is God who does it not us.

God is the one who inspires us to love Him, remember we are carnal minded, the carnal mind hates God , if we love God its because He caused us to love Him and He will cause us to follow Him and He will cause us to do all the things we do according to His will and purpose.

There is not one thing we do in our life that is not authorize and approved of by God, enjoy your journey but it’s a painful journey but never forget the glory that God will cloth each of us in, He is making sons and  daughters of us.

Everything scripture tells us to do we should do but the problem I find is in the performance of doing what scripture tells me to do and the reason is I can do nothing on my own, if I do what scripture tells me to do its no longer I but Christ who does it, if I adhere to scripture on my own  then I can boast, but God said no one can boast and Christ said I can do nothing on my own. 

Gods grace does everything in us when God says it will. All this knowledge we learned from Ray  should expose to us the beam in our own eye.

Kat

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2015, 04:01:48 PM »

So we live our carnal physical lives being a god unto ourselves doing those things we wish to do, then through Divine inspiration God touches our heart and the spiritual journey begins.

My journey began in Christendom, I was excited about God and my relationship with Him, to me it was like a honeymoon I never wanted to end, then the time came where I was confronted with my sins, so I tried my best not to sin but the harder I tried not to sin the more I sinned.

I was operating under false doctrine and believe it was up to me to stop sinning under my own ability but I discovered I could not stop doing those things I enjoyed doing, so in time I left the church feeling hopelessly condemned and believed I was destine for hell.

Divine inspiration came to me again and back to church I went and this happen a number of times, and each time my sins turned me away from God.

Hi Rick, it seems to me what you are describing there is leaving your first love. Ray explains precisely how that happens in LOF 14. 'The Beast Within.'

http://bible-truths.com/lake14.html -----------------

How many understand our Lord’s statements in Luke 20:17-18?

"And He beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The Stone which the builders rejected, the same is become the Head of the corner? Whomsoever shall fall upon that stone shall be broken; but on whomsoever It shall fall, It will GRIND HIM TO POWDER."

When we fall on the Stone (Jesus), we are broken. Or as John tells us in Revelation,

"And I saw one of his heads as it were WOUNDED TO DEATH…" (Rev. 13:3).

Yes, when we fall on Christ we are broken, we are wounded (by the "sword" of God—Rev. 13:14 vs. Heb. 4:12). This is our human attempt at salvation. But then we fall, and our "deadly wound [which we received by the Word of God] was healed" (Rev. 13:3), we went back into the world, back into Babylon, thus leaving our first love. When the wound of the Sword of God’s Word that had slain us, is healed, we fall from the love of God, and we again turn our love to the world from which we came.

But here’s the good news concerning this stone. If we are among the chosen that overcome, then the Stone falls ON US, and our spiritual house built upon the sand comes crashing down. And when Jesus falls on us, He GRINDS US [along with all of our idols of the heart] TO POWDER!
v
Paul wasn’t telling the unbelieving world that "ye are yet carnal." Nor was Jesus telling the world that they had "left the first love." No, Paul and Jesus are both telling THE CHURCH that they are "yet carnal and have left their first love"! In other words, AFTER coming into a church, AFTER they have accepted Christ, AFTER they have pursued their walk with God, AFTER they have built a spiritual house upon the sand, AFTER they have become indoctrinated with the commandments of men and the traditions of men, can one fall away and be in a position to actually spiritually SEE THE BEAST WITHIN! SEE the man of sin and the son of perdition. See your carnal-minded, God hating, SINS. You and I and all who have be enlightened by God’s word and our own failures in life, can surely see that we are all spiritually, WILD BEASTS.
v
THANK GOD, that I (L. Ray Smith) had fallen away, left my first love, looked back, forsook the Lord, and watched my house upon the sand come crashing down! Only then was I able to stand upon the sand of the sea, and see the beast within, the man of sin, the son of perdition, and Satan the devil who DECEIVED ME!

But NOW, "I am crucified WITH Christ: nevertheless I live: yet not I, but Christ lives IN ME: and the life which I now life in the flesh I live by the faith OF the Son of God, who loved ME [and YOU], and gave Himself for ME [and YOU]" (Gal. 2:20).

In conclusion:

"I was in the Spirit on the Lord’s day, and heard BEHIND me a great voice, as of a trumpet… And I turned to see the voice that spoke with ME. And being TURNED, I saw seven gold candlesticks; [the complete church of God in all generations, with MY sins outlined in each and every one of them] And in the midst of the seven candlesticks one like unto the Son of man, clothed with a garment down to the foot, and girt about the paps with a golden girdle.

His head and His hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and His eyes were as a flame of fire; [PURGING all who look upon Him] And His feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned [refined] in a furnace; and His voice as the sound of many waters. And he had in His right hand seven stars: and out of His mouth went a sharp two-edged sword, and His countenance was as the SUN SHINING IN HIS STRENGTH [no longer a physical body with HOLES in it].

And when I saw Him [in my SPIRIT] I fell at His feet as DEAD. And He laid His right hand upon ME [as He will upon YOU], saying unto ME [and unto YOU],

FEAR NOT
" (Rev. 1:10-17).

Truly:  "We have seen the enemy and he is US."
v
BEFORE THE DAY OF THE LORD CAN COME TO YOU

Here then is what must be accomplished in your life before you die:

"Wherefore also we pray always for you, that our God would count you worthy of this calling, and fulfill all the good pleasure of His goodness, and the work of faith with power: THAT the Name of our Lord Jesus Christ may be GLORIFIED IN YOU [IN YOU], and YE IN HIM, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ" (II Thes. 1:11-12)!!

How then does our Apostle Paul tell us this MUST be accomplished? What must happen? What must we do? Or rather what must Jesus do IN US? Here is the Scriptural answer:

"Now we beseech YOU, brethren, by the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, and by our gathering together unto Him.

That ye be not soon shaken in mind or be troubled, neither by spirit, nor by word, nor by letter as from us, as that THE DAY OF CHRIST
[The Day of the Lord] is at hand [FOR YOU...].

Let no man deceive YOU by any means: for that day shall not come [TO YOU…] except there come a FALLING AWAY FIRST [BY YOU…], and the man of sin be revealed the son of perdition [IN YOU…TO YOU…]; Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped [IN YOU…]; so that he as God sits in the temple of God [‘which temple YE ARE’ II Cor. 6:16] showing himself that HE IS [YOU ARE / I AM] a god

Remember ye not, that when I was yet with YOU, I told YOU these things?

And now ye know what withholds [is restraining, is detaining—‘the falling away FIRST’] that he [‘the man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition’—YOU…] might be revealed in his time [in YOU and TO YOU—individually, not collectively] in his time [‘his {particular} time’]—FOR YOU and FOR ME and for ALL BELIEVERS IN ALL GENERATIONS UNTIL JESUS COMES TO US ALL, COLLECTIVELY, AS THE MANIFEST SONS OF GOD]."

Long before Jesus can have a COMPANY of manifest SONS and DAUGHTERS of God, there has to be individual begettals by the Holy Spirit of God in chosen individuals in every generation leading up to the coming of the Lord at the end of this age.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Jeff

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2015, 12:20:40 AM »

Kat,

Given the time I've spent reading Ray's teaching, I know there is still a gap in n my understanding.

I feel a certain amount of shame or failure in asking this, as I should be further along in my understanding, but could you simplify what you wrote?

I'm not sure I understood what you were getting at and I'd really like to know.

Please help me understand.

Peace
Jeff

Kat

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2015, 01:38:46 AM »

Hi Jeff,

I think we all have been in church, that's where we are introduced to God, not in a spiritual sense, but we were taught what the Bible literally says, that Jesus was born of a virgin, came into the world as God. They teach how He was the Messiah, the sacrifice for our sin and died on the cross and raised back to life and went up to the throne of God in heaven. They do teach these basic truths, and I remember coming to a comprehension that this was true, believing there was a God and praying to Him. These are the called, and that is our "first love."

But the traditions and doctrines of man soon take over and then we begin our 'human attempt' at saving our self, making a 'free will' choice of course. This is our spiritual house built on the sand. Or some people don't stay in church and just go back to living in the world. This is how we 'fall away' from our first love, are building our house on sand, either by getting bogged down in serving the church or just go back into the world.

Mat 7:26  And everyone who hears these sayings of Mine and does not do them shall be compared to a foolish man who built his house on the sand.
v. 27  And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the wind blew and beat on that house. And it fell, and great was its fall.

Now if we are called AND CHOSEN, at some point we begin to questions all the lies and all the contradictions the church teaches... God is getting us ready and when He decides it's time, He calls us out of her. 

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, Come out of her, My people, that you may not be partakers of her sins, and that you may not receive of her plagues.

Not a literal voice, but we become so disillusioned by what we realize about the church that we cannot remain there. This is when our house built upon the shifting sand comes crashing down, "it fell" and we are left standing there and then we see what we really are, the beast within.

We are at our lowest point totally confused, dejected by what we see we really are, and actually see that we know nothing about truth, a very rude awakening. But this is what God desires, that we see that 'our' attempt, in the church, to save our self accomplished absolutely nothing good, our eyes are opened. Now He gives us His Holy Spirit, and the process of salvation really begins. We have to shed all the false doctrines, contradictions and all the misconceptions we learned in the church and begin learning His truth, this process goes on for the rest of our lives.

Mat 7:24  Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock.
v. 25  And the rain came down, and the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house. And it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock.

Here is another article where Ray speaks on this.

http://bible-truths.com/lake13.html ---------------------

Whenever someone is called of God and he repents, is baptized, confirmed, initiated, or whatever, it is into a church. And sooner or later that particular church will bring you to the point where you will leave your first love for God and turn to the church and its religion as the idol of your heart. God calls His people OUT of the Babylonish System of Religion which has a strangle hold on ‘The Church.’
v
I showed numerous times that all: leave their first love, forsake Jesus, look back, blaspheme, build a spiritual house upon the sand, etc.

It is when John is standing on the sand of the sea that he first sees the wild beast come up out of the sea. Now the questions become: "WHEN did John stand upon the sand in HIS life? WHEN do we stand upon the sand in OUR lives?

Answer: When the spiritual house that we all build falls down with a ‘GREAT FALL.’ When (notice I did not say, ‘IF’)…when our spiritual house built upon the spiritual sand falls, WE ARE LEFT STANDING ON THE SAND OF THE SEA. We are only INCHES above the very sea itself—the masses and multitudes of humanity who do not have any knowledge of God AT ALL. It doesn’t mean that we have no knowledge of God at all at this quandary in our spiritual lives; it just means that we are no closer to God than all the humanity in the sea. Hence, we are not IN the sea, but rather standing on the SAND of the sea where out spiritual house just FELL!

And since God is not only calling some of us but choosing us also, God begins to teach us anew. And the first thing He begins to show us is the WILD BEAST coming up out of the sea that is the CAUSE of our being overcome and the CAUSE of our spiritual house falling! This wild beast will be reckoned with by all humanity sooner or later.
v
We will ALL FALL! But afterwards, God "raises us UP AGAIN," and "makes us STAND." And from that time onward we have this sure promise of which we read before, but I want to read again:

"Now unto Him that is able to KEEP YOU FROM FALLING, and to present you FAULTLESS before the presence of His glory with EXCEEDING JOY, To the Only Wise God Our Saviour, be glory and majesty, and dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen" (Jude 124-25)!

When John’s spiritual house built upon the sand fell down, he was left, standing on the sand of the sea by himself alone with God, and it is then and only then, that he is able to see the wild beast that came up out of the sea.
v
II Thes. 2:3: "Let no man [‘let not any person,’ RSV, ‘Let no ONE…’] deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a FALLING AWAY first, and that man of sin [Gk: the lawless one] be revealed, the son of perdition [Gk: the one destined for destruction]. Who opposes and exalts himself above all that is called God [a god], or that is worshipped; so that he as God sits in the temple of God, showing himself that he is God"

Whenever man builds his spiritual house upon the spiritual sand, his spiritual house will fall. And it is then that God reveals to him the wild beast that comes out of the sea. What does Paul tell us happens when there comes a ‘FALLING AWAY’ first? What follows? When our house on sand falls, what is then revealed? Why "the LAWLESS one" is "REVEALED." When the falling away occurs, then the man of sin, ‘the lawless one’ ‘the one destined for destruction’ is REVEALED.
v
The "beast" is you!
---------------------------------------------------------------

mercy, peace and love
Kat

Jeff

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2015, 02:54:44 AM »

Hi Kat,

I wasn't sure if you were agreeing with Rick and supporting what he said or if you had an issue with his response, and I wondered if I had misunderstood.

I understand now, thank you for clarifying. :)

Peace
Jeff

rick

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2015, 10:42:03 PM »

Hi Rick, it seems to me what you are describing there is leaving your first love. Ray explains precisely how that happens in LOF 14. 'The Beast Within.'

Hi Kat,

I never really thought about it like that but I can relate to what Ray said.

Thank you and God bless.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 19 queries.