bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My religious background  (Read 3208 times)

Musterseed

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • God is Love
My religious background
« on: November 15, 2016, 07:14:12 PM »

Grew up in NFLD, with six siblings,My dad was Anglican, the most gentle, kindhearted,caring soul,He worked very hard in a paper mill, loved to sing and play harmonica.He called me old trout.
He loved to read, was curious about different cultures and cried seeing starving children on TV and would say" there's no need of that old trout" He never went to church, nor ever mentioned God.
His name was Josiah James, and he died when I was 22. My mother was a Catholic, she had all her children christened Anglican and sent us all to a Catholic school. My mother was a mean, selfish alcoholic, promiscuous, cold woman who never hugged or kissed her children. She never went to church but was very superstitious ad I love her but kept my distance. My sisters called me the invisible child because I was never around. I was always somewhere else. Anyway we were never forced to go to church. As for school, well being prodestant in a Catholic school was a recipe for disaster right from the get go.All girl school and taught by nuns. i studied Catachism and sometimes was allowed to attend church with them but most times I was told to stay in the classroom because I was different. I learned all of the Catholic prayers, and said them every night. I did not know God but I knew I loved the fact that their was someone I could talk to. I learned about Jesus mostly from the TV movies, I loved Lady Of Fatima and Ben Hur all those movies. Anyway , we were humiliated, strapped, and pushed around by the nuns but I never let them see me cry when they strapped me, I was rebellious to them.Back then if you went home with red welts all over your arms , then you must have done something something to deserve it. That was the attitude of th parents because God forbid the nuns would never do that if you were good. My bow was probably crooked or my fingernails dirty. I remember this big man wearing a long red robe and a pope hat come into our classroom once a week and sit at the teaches deck.All of the little girls had to go up one at a time and kneel and kiss his ring. He looked like a giant humpty
Dumpty and gave us the creeps. 😆 haha. I left school when I was 15 and never ever got involved in church or politics. I never read a bible until last year when the Lord saw fit to drag me kicking and screaming to Him. The most frightening thing I ever experienced. I will tell you more only if you want to hear and I will tell you as much as I can as it is still affecting me, but being able to speak to someone is a relief because My family don't understand nor want to hear so I keep it to myself.  Sincerely Yours.  Pamela
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

Rhys 🕊

• 🕊
    • Facebook
Re: My religious background
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 11:53:13 PM »

Thanks for sharing

Religion sucks big time

Rhys
🤫

cheekie3

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 05:06:43 AM »

Pamela -

Grew up in NFLD, with six siblings,My dad was Anglican, the most gentle, kindhearted,caring soul,He worked very hard in a paper mill, loved to sing and play harmonica.He called me old trout.
He loved to read, was curious about different cultures and cried seeing starving children on TV and would say" there's no need of that old trout" He never went to church, nor ever mentioned God.
His name was Josiah James, and he died when I was 22. My mother was a Catholic, she had all her children christened Anglican and sent us all to a Catholic school. My mother was a mean, selfish alcoholic, promiscuous, cold woman who never hugged or kissed her children. She never went to church but was very superstitious ad I love her but kept my distance. My sisters called me the invisible child because I was never around. I was always somewhere else. Anyway we were never forced to go to church. As for school, well being prodestant in a Catholic school was a recipe for disaster right from the get go.All girl school and taught by nuns. i studied Catachism and sometimes was allowed to attend church with them but most times I was told to stay in the classroom because I was different. I learned all of the Catholic prayers, and said them every night. I did not know God but I knew I loved the fact that their was someone I could talk to. I learned about Jesus mostly from the TV movies, I loved Lady Of Fatima and Ben Hur all those movies. Anyway , we were humiliated, strapped, and pushed around by the nuns but I never let them see me cry when they strapped me, I was rebellious to them.Back then if you went home with red welts all over your arms , then you must have done something something to deserve it. That was the attitude of th parents because God forbid the nuns would never do that if you were good. My bow was probably crooked or my fingernails dirty. I remember this big man wearing a long red robe and a pope hat come into our classroom once a week and sit at the teaches deck.All of the little girls had to go up one at a time and kneel and kiss his ring. He looked like a giant humpty
Dumpty and gave us the creeps. 😆 haha. I left school when I was 15 and never ever got involved in church or politics. I never read a bible until last year when the Lord saw fit to drag me kicking and screaming to Him. The most frightening thing I ever experienced. I will tell you more only if you want to hear and I will tell you as much as I can as it is still affecting me, but being able to speak to someone is a relief because My family don't understand nor want to hear so I keep it to myself.  Sincerely Yours.  Pamela

I used to think I must have come from Mars, as I was different from everyone else - as I questioned everything - and I always knew (even as a child) when I was told BS.

When He dragged me to Himself, all my family thought I was totally nuts.

There is a Scripture that declares that all of us are without excuse to deny Our Creator - as everything around us, and especially ourselves, declare that we are His Magnificent Designed Beings on this Magnificent Earth.

I personally believe, that, we all have an inbuilt BS monitor deep rooted in our innermost being.

He Will Never Leave You Nor Forsake You.

Warmest Regards.

George

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 06:13:08 AM »

This is your family now Pamela and we love you just the way you are.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 05:18:56 PM »

Ahh!you guys are great, I love you. Wouldn't it be nice if we could all sit around a big campfire on a beach and tell our stories. Hey, this kinda like that without the beach and campfire.Still warm and fuzzy.   BTW.   Does anyone know the lyrics to that new song we are supposed to know, I wanna start practicing. 🎼🎼🎼, hehehe.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

octoberose

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2016, 04:03:09 AM »

Pamela, I'd like to hear whatever you would like to share.
   I know that God drags us to Him, but I find I need the encouragement to hear when He does it to the most unsuspecting people.   
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.