bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Something interesting  (Read 5119 times)

ML

Something interesting
« on: August 27, 2018, 06:11:45 PM »

As I was doing a search on Esword, I discovered something. Here is the verse where it was found:

Joh 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep myG3450 words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

G3450
μοῦ
mou
moo
The simpler from of G1700; of me: - I, me, mine (own), my.
Total KJV occurrences: 586

G1700
ἐμοῦ
emou
em-oo'
A prolonged form of G3449; of me: - me, mine, my.
Total KJV occurrences: 109

G3449
μόχθος
mochthos
mokh'-thos
From the base of G3425; toil, that is, (by implication) sadness: - painfulness, travail.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

G3425
μόγις
mogis
mog'-is
Adverb from a primary word μόγος mogos (toil); with difficulty: - hardly.
Total KJV occurrences: 1

Here are a couple other verses with this:

Mar 9:24  And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mineG3450 unbelief.

Luk 1:44  For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in myG3450 womb for joy.

Mat 3:17  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is myG3450 beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 

1Th 2:9  For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail:G3449 for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God. 

2Co 11:27  In weariness and painfulness,G3449 in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness. 

Isaiah 53 comes to mind. But, also the birthing of wisdom:

Pro 8:24  When there were no depths, I was brought forth;H2342 when there were no fountains abounding with water. 

H2342
חִיל    חוּל
chûl    chı̂yl
khool, kheel
A primitive root; properly to twist or whirl (in a circular or spiral manner), that is, (specifically) to dance, to writhe in pain (especially of parturition) or fear; figuratively to wait, to pervert: - bear, (make to) bring forth, (make to) calve, dance, drive away, fall grievously (with pain), fear, form, great, grieve, (be) grievous, hope, look, make, be in pain, be much (sore) pained, rest, shake, shapen, (be) sorrow (-ful), stay, tarry, travail (with pain), tremble, trust, wait carefully (patiently), be wounded.
Total KJV occurrences: 58

Thoughts?

yello62

Re: Something interesting
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2018, 08:05:08 PM »

if i understand the point you are trying to make, the process of Christ’s words taking root in us is a struggle. 

is that correct?

ML

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2018, 09:36:30 PM »

Never thought of it that way(kind of,) so yes.

Am thinking of how it is related too to bringing forth wisdom, and Christ.

And, to getting to that point to not be offended(stumble) on His Word.

yello62

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2018, 09:57:40 PM »

that’s interesting.  i don’t know that i’ve ever stumbled on the word.  been perplexed, perhaps, but in time, He has enlightened as to the meaning of those things that were perplexing.

as to the point of bringing forth Christ, we are His workanship in Christ. He has declared that if the work was begun, it will be com0leted. 

as for not stumbling, the apostle paul says that we can entreat The Father to make us solid in these things.  i would imagine that would be something you could ask for, to not stumble.

tony

John from Kentucky

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2018, 12:50:05 AM »

As I was doing a search on Esword, I discovered something. Here is the verse where it was found:

Joh 14:23  Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep myG3450 words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

G3450
μοῦ
mou
moo
The simpler from of G1700; of me: - I, me, mine (own), my.
Total KJV occurrences: 586

G1700
ἐμοῦ
emou
em-oo'
A prolonged form of G3449; of me: - me, mine, my.
Total KJV occurrences: 109

G3449
μόχθος
mochthos
mokh'-thos
From the base of G3425; toil, that is, (by implication) sadness: - painfulness, travail.
Total KJV occurrences: 3

G3425
μόγις
mogis
mog'-is
Adverb from a primary word μόγος mogos (toil); with difficulty: - hardly.
Total KJV occurrences: 1

Here are a couple other verses with this:

Mar 9:24  And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mineG3450 unbelief.

Luk 1:44  For, lo, as soon as the voice of thy salutation sounded in mine ears, the babe leaped in myG3450 womb for joy.

Mat 3:17  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is myG3450 beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

1Th 2:9  For ye remember, brethren, our labour and travail:G3449 for labouring night and day, because we would not be chargeable unto any of you, we preached unto you the gospel of God.

2Co 11:27  In weariness and painfulness,G3449 in watchings often, in hunger and thirst, in fastings often, in cold and nakedness.

Isaiah 53 comes to mind. But, also the birthing of wisdom:

Pro 8:24  When there were no depths, I was brought forth;H2342 when there were no fountains abounding with water.

H2342
חִיל    חוּל
chûl    chı̂yl
khool, kheel
A primitive root; properly to twist or whirl (in a circular or spiral manner), that is, (specifically) to dance, to writhe in pain (especially of parturition) or fear; figuratively to wait, to pervert: - bear, (make to) bring forth, (make to) calve, dance, drive away, fall grievously (with pain), fear, form, great, grieve, (be) grievous, hope, look, make, be in pain, be much (sore) pained, rest, shake, shapen, (be) sorrow (-ful), stay, tarry, travail (with pain), tremble, trust, wait carefully (patiently), be wounded.
Total KJV occurrences: 58

Thoughts?

Regarding that last word you mentioned,  Ray was way ahead of you and knocked that one way out of the ballpark.  See Ray's video, "Where does God's knowledge and wisdom come from?"
In my opinion, Ray's explanation of this topic, clearly marked him as one filled with God's Holy Spirit with a unique ability to explain Scriptures.  His teaching stunned me.  Amazing.

Regarding your other statements, best I remain silent.

ML

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2018, 01:06:29 AM »

Don't worry John. That was in my mind when writing that, and anyways, I have listened/watched that video 3 or 4 times already! Fascinating for me. But, as far as I know, Ray never did mention how he thinks God knew about evil.

I would not have known about that last one if not for Ray and God's Spirit.

Besides, if the Spirit never lead me to search something else, I would not have found this here.

Unless you want me to quote the whole transcript of that here. Or link it.

Ray's explanation of this topic, clearly marked him as one filled with God's Holy Spirit with a unique ability to explain Scriptures.  His teaching stunned me.  Amazing.
Me too. Just adding to that:

1 Corinthians 12
4And there are diversities of gifts, and the same Spirit;
5and there are diversities of ministrations, and the same Lord;
6and there are diversities of workings, and it is the same God — who is working the all in all.
7And to each hath been given the manifestation of the Spirit for profit;
8for to one through the Spirit hath been given a word of wisdom, and to another a word of knowledge, according to the same Spirit;
9and to another faith in the same Spirit, and to another gifts of healings in the same Spirit;
10and to another in-workings of mighty deeds; and to another prophecy; and to another discernings of spirits; and to another [divers] kinds of tongues; and to another interpretation of tongues:
11and all these doth work the one and the same Spirit, dividing to each severally as he intendeth.
12For, even as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of the one body, being many, are one body, so also [is] the Christ,
13for also in one Spirit we all to one body were baptized, whether Jews or Greeks, whether servants or freemen, and all into one Spirit were made to drink,
14for also the body is not one member, but many;
15if the foot may say, ‘Because I am not a hand, I am not of the body;’ it is not, because of this, not of the body;
16and if the ear may say, ‘Because I am not an eye, I am not of the body;’ it is not, because of this, not of the body?
17If the whole body [were] an eye, where the hearing? if the whole hearing, where the smelling?
18and now, God did set the members each one of them in the body, according as He willed,
19and if all were one member, where the body?
20and now, indeed, [are] many members, and one body;
21and an eye is not able to say to the hand, ‘I have no need of thee;’ nor again the head to the feet, ‘I have no need of you.’
22But much more the members of the body which seem to be more infirm are necessary,
23and those that we think to be less honourable of the body, around these we put more abundant honour, and our unseemly things have seemliness more abundant,
24and our seemly things have no need; but God did temper the body together, to the lacking part having given more abundant honour,
25that there may be no division in the body, but that the members may have the same anxiety for one another,
26and whether one member doth suffer, suffer with [it] do all the members, or one member is glorified, rejoice with [it] do all the members;
27and ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular.
28And some, indeed, did God set in the assembly, first apostles, secondly prophets, thirdly teachers, afterwards powers, afterwards gifts of healings, helpings, governings, divers kinds of tongues;
29[are] all apostles? [are] all prophets? [are] all teachers? [are] all powers?
30have all gifts of healings? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?
31and desire earnestly the better gifts; and yet a far excelling way do I shew to you

You already know these things, but just to serve as a reminder, lest anyone of us forgets these things. And, if anyone does, may it be for a moment, and when His Spirit shows them these words, that they remember them.

yello62

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2018, 02:30:20 AM »

can someone help me?  i cannot find the video john mentioned.  i looked on youtube, as well as here by searching the forum for “God’s knowledge”. i would love to listen to that.

ML

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2018, 02:31:58 AM »

https://youtu.be/2PNgXMHGS2U

Pretty sure it is this one 🙂

yello62

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2018, 02:39:15 AM »

my error was looking for the title “Where does God’s knowledge and wisdom come from”

thank you for the link.

————————————————————

just watched the video.  i had seen it previously.  chock full of good stuff.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2018, 03:02:59 AM by yello62 »

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2018, 05:36:28 PM »

https://youtu.be/2PNgXMHGS2U

Pretty sure it is this one 🙂

This is my go to video when I need a reality check.

Ray said he read scriptures, 50, 80 and a 180 times, and was relentless, like a bull dog, pleading with God to show him what he knew was in there, but couldn't see. Praise the Lord he did!
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

yello62

« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2018, 05:52:42 PM »

i think i heard him also admonishing us to do likewise; be relentless in our pursuit of truth, and asking God to grant is understanding.

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2018, 05:59:10 PM »

i think i heard him also admonishing us to do likewise; be relentless in our pursuit of truth, and asking God to grant is understanding.

Interesting you say that, because I thought of adding,  he passed that same attitude on to many of us. I'm like a dog with a bone myself.☺
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.