bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Miracle In My Life  (Read 4825 times)

Wanda

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • I leave with you my peace
Miracle In My Life
« on: November 23, 2019, 02:19:59 PM »

Words to describe an event so powerful,  that it positively changes the lives of everyone involved,  can only be a miracle from God.

I've asked my sister, who is my last living sibling if I could share this wonderful news with my BT family here and she gave me her permission.

My sister has had a very serious alcohol addiction for almost 30 years. I won't go into the details of the pain she, and all who love her have endured over this long span of time, because it was necessary in God's plan for all involved.  What's most important here,  is that God has, in his perfect timing mercifully taken away her desire to drink.  It happened a little over two months ago now, that she woke up one morning and the desire to drink had completely left her and has not returned for even a second.  She bought a bottle a week or so after she lost the desire, just in case, but has never opened it or wanted to. I can't help but tear up as I type these words. Words I thought I would never have an opportunity to share.

I never gave up hope or stopped praying for this to happen, but even so, there are moments it's hard to believe something so miraculous has actually happened. I've missed my sister for many years, even though she's been in my life, it was as though  I was always grieving the loss of her. It was even harder after all my other siblings were gone. Now God has given her back to me, and something like that is worth testifying about. 

I hope by sharing this it encourages others to never stop hoping and praying for miracles in your own lives.

From God with love
« Last Edit: November 23, 2019, 02:29:20 PM by Wanda »
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

virginiabm

Re: Miracle In My Life
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2019, 09:52:23 AM »

PRAISE GOD!!!!!  What a Mighty God we Serve.

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2019, 10:57:13 AM »

Our God is So AWESOME. So glad for your sister and your family Wanda and all praise and
Glory to our Lord .

In Christ
Pamela

Sending love to all brothers and sisters at BT.❤️
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

HoneyLamb56

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2019, 06:25:05 PM »

So happy for you Wanda and for your sister; it's wonderful to hear some encouraging news for a change; may God continue to bless her with strength as she continues on this road to abstinence.

Diane

octoberose

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2019, 03:01:12 AM »

I so grateful God has blessed you and your family in this way. 

Joel

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 01:55:41 PM »

Nice to hear a good report!

Romans 12:15 Rejoice with them that do rejoice, and weep with them that weep.

Joel

Wanda

• I leave with you my peace
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 03:03:02 PM »

Thanks to all for your kindness and for rejoicing with us in this blessing. I don't know what God has in store for my sister, but it certainly has to be something good and far better than the darkness she was living in.

However, with sobriety comes much guilt and many regrets to overcome, so I continue to pray for God's mercy and strength moving forward. I've come to see if this had happened even a year ago,  I might not have been as forgiving and supportive as I am now. I have grown in my ability to love, which I feel has been most positive  and necessary in this situation and whatever lies ahead.  I'm exceedingly grateful for being able to genuinely laugh again. Something I didn't even realize was missing in my life.
I am the Light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness but have the light of life.
                                     John 8:12

Dave in Tenn

• FaceBook David Sanderson
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2019, 05:05:20 PM »

Wonderful news.
Heb 10:32  But you must continue to remember those earlier days, how after you were enlightened you endured a hard and painful struggle.

AwesomeSavior

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2019, 06:48:48 AM »

Congratulations Wanda     :)

waterfall77

« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2019, 04:17:47 PM »

I'm so happy for you and your sister.

Heidi

« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2019, 08:37:58 PM »

Thank you for sharing Wanda, it is very timely for me to hear this.  Praise God for His timing, as you said if this happened a year ago your responses may have been different.  I can so relate to that!
Love in Christ
Heidi
For in him we live and move and have our being.' As some of your own poets have said, 'We are his offspring"

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 06:39:55 PM »

I'm mindful of something that Ray taught at one of the conferences.  I think it was on the video 'are you still carnal?' [going by memory here] He basically said [talking about the variety of sins that man commits] that when it's time for God to accomplish that in you [overcoming] he will go ahead and do it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 23 queries.