> General Discussions

Social Credit Scores

<< < (7/8) > >>

Dennis Vogel:

--- Quote from: indianabob on April 06, 2023, 10:59:59 PM ---H Dennis,
Yeah I got that part, but if I have a few 1 oz. gold coins worth about $2000.00 each and they protect me from paper currency becoming worthless that's fine. So how does that help me to buy food or pay other expenses after the banks close due to insolvency and my bank card is cancelled.
Especially after the government checks stop coming and everybody knows it cause they are in the same trouble?
=
How does the store I buy from make change for a $2,000.00 coin? How would the average college graduate know what a particular gold coin was worth?
And once they learn that I have gold and the dollar is worthless, how do I protect myself from robbery?

I thing there is a lot more to this potential problem than most folks realize.
Bob

--- End quote ---

This site will tell you what gold is currently worth: https://silverprice.org/ I heard but cannot tell you from experience that pawn shops pay a fair price for gold and silver.

I don't know how to protect yourself from intruders. I have the same problem.

I see some Christians insinuate you should fight/perhaps shoot someone. But we are told to turn the other cheek and give up our cloak if someone wants to rob you. But here we are told to sell our cloak and buy a sword:

Luk 22:36  Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment [cloak], and buy one.

Can anyone explain this better please?

Dennis Vogel:
I have not yet watched this video Bob but the title suggests gold and silver should be going up in value: "BRICS Nations Announce Plan for JOINT CURRENCY backed by GOLD"

https://youtu.be/XiZFXEW6u8U

ralph:

--- Quote from: Dennis Vogel on April 07, 2023, 02:47:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: indianabob on April 06, 2023, 10:59:59 PM ---H Dennis,
Yeah I got that part, but if I have a few 1 oz. gold coins worth about $2000.00 each and they protect me from paper currency becoming worthless that's fine. So how does that help me to buy food or pay other expenses after the banks close due to insolvency and my bank card is cancelled.
Especially after the government checks stop coming and everybody knows it cause they are in the same trouble?
=
How does the store I buy from make change for a $2,000.00 coin? How would the average college graduate know what a particular gold coin was worth?
And once they learn that I have gold and the dollar is worthless, how do I protect myself from robbery?

I thing there is a lot more to this potential problem than most folks realize.
Bob

--- End quote ---

This site will tell you what gold is currently worth: https://silverprice.org/ I heard but cannot tell you from experience that pawn shops pay a fair price for gold and silver.

I don't know how to protect yourself from intruders. I have the same problem.

I see some Christians insinuate you should fight/perhaps shoot someone. But we are told to turn the other cheek and give up our cloak if someone wants to rob you. But here we are told to sell our cloak and buy a sword:

Luk 22:36  Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment [cloak], and buy one.

Can anyone explain this better please?

--- End quote ---

But Jesus also said this:

Matthew 26:52
52 But Jesus said to him, “Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword.

We have to look at the spiritual lessons within these scriptures.  They are paramount.

John 6:63
63 It is the Spirit who gives life; the flesh profits nothing. The words that I speak to you are spirit, and they are life.

Hebrews 4:12
12 For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

Dennis Vogel:
I thought that it may mean a spiritual sword. But the scriptures do not contradict. Thanks.

zvezda:
I don't think it's a spiritual sword, look at v38, the disciples showed Jesus two physical swords and then Jesus said it's enough.

Luke 22:38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

Meaning they didn't need to buy any more swords.

And then look at v37, 49 and 50, that's probably the reason why Jesus told them to buy a sword.

Luke 22:37 For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

Jesus said it's because He's about to fulfill the Scriptures.

And then the crowd arrived, Judas was going to betray Him.

Luke 22:49 When they which were about him saw what would follow, they said unto him, Lord, shall we smite with the sword?

The disciples asked Jesus if they should use the sword.

Luke 22:50 And one of them smote the servant of the high priest, and cut off his right ear.

They used the same sword that they showed Jesus earlier to cut off the servant of the high priest's ear.

So it's all about fulfilling the Scriptures.

Jesus predicted they would need a sword, not for the purpose of using force or self-defense, but for fulfilling the Scriptures. Just like He predicted someone at the table was about to betray Him (v21), and Peter would deny Him three times (v34).

Just my two cents' worth, I could be wrong though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version