> Off Topic Discussions

How much truth to be saved

<< < (3/3)

indianabob:
Thanks for your quick reply,
Gonna have to think on this a while.
My old brain takes a while to get in gear.

Bob

ralph:

--- Quote from: indianabob on November 26, 2022, 11:57:03 PM ---Thanks for your quick reply,
Gonna have to think on this a while.
My old brain takes a while to get in gear.

Bob

--- End quote ---

You're welcome my friend.   I believe your brain works just fine.  I am still trying to wrap my mind around this stuff and I am not the most skilled at explaining my thoughts. Hopefully others will jump in and save us.   :)

Abednego:
Joh 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

If we were doctrinally perfect, we wouldn’t need to be “ guided into all truth”.

Dave in Tenn:
Salvation, deliverance, healing and any other reasonable translation and/or synonym are always FROM something.  "Salvation" is not some "spiritual" mustard that gets smeared on us, or handed over on a platter like a block of cheese.  I'm convinced there are as many "salvations" as there are things to be saved from.  Among these is insufficient understanding of truths.  But it's only "among" these.  The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life cover them all, spiritually speaking.

ralph:

--- Quote from: Dave in Tenn on December 07, 2022, 07:14:23 AM ---Salvation, deliverance, healing and any other reasonable translation and/or synonym are always FROM something.  "Salvation" is not some "spiritual" mustard that gets smeared on us, or handed over on a platter like a block of cheese.  I'm convinced there are as many "salvations" as there are things to be saved from.  Among these is insufficient understanding of truths.  But it's only "among" these.  The lust of the eyes, the lust of the flesh, and the pride of life cover them all, spiritually speaking.

--- End quote ---

That's really interesting Dave.  I never quite thought of it that way.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version