> Off Topic Discussions

How much truth to be saved

<< < (2/3) > >>

indianabob:
Thank you Dennis,
I missed that part about NEVER dying that should be not dying for the next age to come.
Whereas unbelievers will miss the next age to come and must wait for the consumation at the end.

Dave in Tenn:
Saved from what?

ralph:

--- Quote from: Dave in Tenn on November 25, 2022, 06:34:52 PM ---Saved from what?

--- End quote ---

Without salvation,  we'd be in a perpetual state of death and decrepitude, forever controlled by our carnal minds.

indianabob:

--- Quote from: ralph on November 26, 2022, 02:51:25 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dave in Tenn on November 25, 2022, 06:34:52 PM ---Saved from what?

--- End quote ---

Without salvation,  we'd be in a perpetual state of death and decrepitude, forever controlled by our carnal minds.

--- End quote ---
= =
Hi Ralph,
Not sure if I may be misunderstanding your meaning, but if a person has died then they no longer function and cannot be controlled by a carnal or fleshly mind that no longer exists.
=
Perhaps you could explain a little further,
Thanks, Indiana Bob

ralph:

--- Quote from: indianabob on November 26, 2022, 09:41:25 PM ---
--- Quote from: ralph on November 26, 2022, 02:51:25 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
= =
Hi Ralph,
Not sure if I may be misunderstanding your meaning, but if a person has died then they no longer function and cannot be controlled by a carnal or fleshly mind that no longer exists.
=
Perhaps you could explain a little further,
Thanks, Indiana Bob

--- End quote ---

Hi Bob. Perhaps some poor word choices there. Sorry.  I am open to the possibility that I have no idea what I am talking about.

I believe 2 Peter 3:9 is a good scripture to look at.   I believe God is saving us from perishing.  This state of  “apollymi” as it is written in the greek.  One of the entries in strongs for perish is “to be lost, ruined, destroyed”.   This is not physical death.  God isn’t saving us from physical death as we all physically die.  It’s spiritual.  It’s our minds that God is after. Without Christ, we are spiritually dead.  If he doesn’t intervene and correct us through judgement, we are lost forever.  This is my understanding of salvation at least.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version