bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mark of the beast  (Read 3147 times)

mike

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
mark of the beast
« on: June 15, 2023, 12:05:30 PM »

I would like to hear from the forum "what is the mark of the beast"? I know who is the beast (look in the mirror)and the number of his name,666, but not sure what is the mark of the beast.

indianabob

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: mark of the beast
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2023, 12:26:40 AM »

The wild beast that ascends out of the sea in Revelation 13:1 is the fourth, last and most terrible beast Daniel described in chapter seven of his prophecy. We are accustomed to making these beasts political powers. But there are more than four political powers in the world. Yet there are only four major religions: Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam and Christianity. All minor religions are offshoots of these. And remember, we just discovered that the beast to come will demand worship.

So possibly the mark of the beast is the membership in the coming world religion and acceptance of its demands.

Indiana Bob

edit: Rev 13:4  And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? 
Rev 13:5  And there was given unto him a mouth speaking great things and blasphemies; and power was given unto him to continue forty and two months. 
Rev 13:6  And he opened his mouth in blasphemy against God, to blaspheme his name, and his tabernacle, and them that dwell in heaven. 
Rev 13:7  And it was given unto him to make war with the saints, and to overcome them: and power was given him over all kindreds, and tongues, and nations. 
Rev 13:8  And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 12:43:16 PM by indianabob »

friendofJC

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2023, 10:31:27 PM »

We have to go back to the old testament(Deut. 6:eight), where ancient Israel was given the marks of God.  "The mark of the beast" would be blasphemy against God(Rev 13:6).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2023, 10:33:41 PM by friendofJC »

ralph

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 09:37:35 AM »

You are the beast.  I am the beast.  We are all beasts.  The mark is symbolic of our carnal nature. We are all born with this mark until God gives us victory over it.  The book of Revelation was written in such a way that no one will understand it unless God has given you the eyes to see it.  Think about it logically. The book of Revelation cannot be only about our time or some future time otherwise, it would have little value to God's chosen from past generations.  The Lord taught us these truths through Ray's teachings.  Reread his papers, watch his videos, and search through his emails.  He spoke about these things.  Stop guessing what these things might mean when many of the answers are already here. 

2 Timothy 2:15
15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

indianabob

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 06:05:57 PM »

The studying referred to in scripture is scripture and not the writings of any man including our friend Ray.
Some things are meant to be understood only through the power of the holy spirit working in the mind of the individual. All the explanations available will not always be helpful to all people since most are destined to remain in ignorance until they are taught by Christ after the resurrection.

When a person is resurrected at the white throne judgment they will not need to have faith to believe, they will be like the people living during the ministry of our Lord Jesus who taught them face to face in their own language of that day. Note that he taught by example and by healing or feeding the multitude. They believed who he was because they saw the miracle in person and did not have to trust that he was who he said.

The millions who are resurrected at the judgment period will believe in the resurrection because they will realize that they are alive once again and feel great.  :)

ralph

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2023, 09:57:33 PM »

The studying referred to in scripture is scripture and not the writings of any man including our friend Ray.

Yes, I agree.  It refers to the study of scripture.  Ray used a lot of scripture in his papers.  If you aren’t studying while reading his papers, I’d say you are doing something wrong.

Some things are meant to be understood only through the power of the holy spirit working in the mind of the individual. All the explanations available will not always be helpful to all people since most are destined to remain in ignorance until they are taught by Christ after the resurrection.

I agree. God has revealed things to me through his word without Ray's help, but whether you understand directly through scripture or through Ray's papers, it is the power of the holy spirit working in the mind of the individual. 

When a person is resurrected at the white throne judgment they will not need to have faith to believe, they will be like the people living during the ministry of our Lord Jesus who taught them face to face in their own language of that day. Note that he taught by example and by healing or feeding the multitude. They believed who he was because they saw the miracle in person and did not have to trust that he was who he said.

I don't follow. From what I understand, the people during Christ's ministry were not converted.  Judas betrayed him.  Peter denied him.  Thomas doubted him.  Many turned and did not follow him ever again, and many hated him and wanted him crucified.  Even with the many miracles he did, people did not know who Jesus Christ was during his earthly ministry.  They saw physical miracles.  They had no clue about the spiritual.

The millions who are resurrected at the judgment period will believe in the resurrection because they will realize that they are alive once again and feel great.  :)

Again, I am not sure I follow. There is a resurrection to life and a resurrection to judgment.  Judgment does not feel great:

John 5:28-29

28 Do not be marveling at this: because there come an hour, in which, all they in the tombs, shall hearken unto his voice, 29 and shall come forth,––they who, the good things, have done, unto a resurrection, of life; but, they who the corrupt things, have practised, unto a resurrection, of judgment.

Luke 13:25-28
25 When once the Master of the house has risen up and shut the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock at the door, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open for us,’ and He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know you, where you are from,’ 26 then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets.’ 27 But He will say, ‘I tell you I do not know you, where you are from. Depart from Me, all you workers of iniquity.’ 28 There will be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when you see Abraham and Isaac and Jacob and all the prophets in the kingdom of God, and yourselves thrust out.

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2023, 02:01:23 PM »

Valid comments Ralph, I will address them shortly.
Thanks for your reply.
Bob
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.