bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1000 Year Reign  (Read 5253 times)

Alpine

• NewPoster Bible-Truths Forum Member
1000 Year Reign
« on: August 13, 2023, 11:56:15 AM »

Hello All,
Can anyone point me to more detailed information regarding Ray's statement that we don't need to be too concerned with end times prophecy - but rather what desires for us now and for the 1000 year reign?  IE, what are those concerns/desires for us?   Here is link to his email statement:

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,1603.msg13425.html#msg13425

Thank you,
Alpine

ralph

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: 1000 Year Reign
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2023, 03:58:32 PM »

You will find the information you seek by reading Ray's papers and watching his videos.  But if you want a simple answer, here's one:

Micah 6:8
8 He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the Lord require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2023, 01:59:54 PM »

Thanks Ralph,
More brief is better if possible.
Many of Ray's paper were quite long with extensive proofs in order to cover all the known possible objections at the outset. I prefer explanations with the main points stated first and details provided in case the reader has ingrained myths in their mind from previous religious propaganda taught them in their youth.
Alternately a person may go through a paper and highlight pertinent passages for remedial study, which I think we all need to keep our understanding fresh.
Micha 6:8 can certainly be applied in this lifetime, but not so much during the 1000 years since we will have been given a new heart and a new nature by God that will motivate us to obey and to love fully.
= =
Eze 36:25  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you. 
Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh. 
Eze 36:27  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

Porter

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2023, 04:41:36 PM »

Think of spirit as qualities of character. Then think of the qualities of Jesus' character. Ralph cited a passage which testifies as to Who Jesus is. Now, consider prophecy to be a fancy word for the revelation of Who Christ is, and you will begin to understand what it is God desires. 

Rev 19:10  Then I fell at his feet to worship him, but he said to me, "Don't do that! I am a fellow slave with you and your brothers who have the testimony about Jesus. Worship God, because the testimony about Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2023, 04:54:37 PM by Porter »
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

ralph

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2023, 11:52:35 PM »

Hello All,
Can anyone point me to more detailed information regarding Ray's statement that we don't need to be too concerned with end times prophecy - but rather what desires for us now and for the 1000 year reign?  IE, what are those concerns/desires for us?   Here is link to his email statement:

https://bible-truths.com/forums/index.php/topic,1603.msg13425.html#msg13425

Thank you,
Alpine

May I also add, and I should have stated this in my original response, to stay in the Word of God and be patient. He will reveal it to you in his timing.  God began dragging me to him 20 years ago, and only in recent years has he begun to open my understanding. And we should not be overly focused on the future but rather on the present and getting ourselves right with God.  We all have a great beast within that must be tamed and eventually destroyed if we are to be among the called, chosen, and faithful. Of course, we can do nothing on our own. All of this must happen through judgment. 

ralph

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2023, 12:01:26 AM »

Thanks Ralph,
More brief is better if possible.
Many of Ray's paper were quite long with extensive proofs in order to cover all the known possible objections at the outset. I prefer explanations with the main points stated first and details provided in case the reader has ingrained myths in their mind from previous religious propaganda taught them in their youth.
Alternately a person may go through a paper and highlight pertinent passages for remedial study, which I think we all need to keep our understanding fresh.
Micha 6:8 can certainly be applied in this lifetime, but not so much during the 1000 years since we will have been given a new heart and a new nature by God that will motivate us to obey and to love fully.
= =
Eze 36:25  Then will I sprinkle clean water upon you, and ye shall be clean: from all your filthiness, and from all your idols, will I cleanse you.
Eze 36:26  A new heart also will I give you, and a new spirit will I put within you: and I will take away the stony heart out of your flesh, and I will give you an heart of flesh.
Eze 36:27  And I will put my spirit within you, and cause you to walk in my statutes, and ye shall keep my judgments, and do them.

I understand, Bob.  Ray's papers aren't for everyone.  Not everyone learns the same way. But Alpine asked for detailed information, and that is why I recommended reading Ray's papers and watching his videos.

indianabob

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2023, 12:25:54 AM »

Hi Ralph,
Yes, Ray's papers have been a blessing to the many who study them.
I only  wanted to emphasize that in the 1000 years we will not be depending upon what we have learned in this age, God will change our stony hearts to hearts of loving obedience so that we will no longer have to struggle against our human nature.

Alpine

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2023, 10:37:54 PM »

Thank you all for you responses.  In  addition to spending time searching the scriptures I have for the past year diligently read Ray's papers and watched his videos.  As you all know, the more we spend our time in God's Word, even if we've read the same verse a dozen times before, something new and deeper is always revealed.   True for Ray's sharings as well. 

Another question, there is a video on YouTube where Ray states that the 1000 years is symbolic and he believes he discovered its meaning.   In my first go through of all his material, I cannot recall finding this.  Can anyone point to that information's location?

Again I am grateful for this forum.   And for all who are here and who have responded.   God is good

Alpine

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2023, 11:06:11 PM »

And I found a good video of Ray's  that supports all that each of you have shared.  Thank you  all so much.

https://youtu.be/QxJZHQnrEFE?si=HzOwXm4SBvPelitP

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2023, 06:05:39 PM »

There is much to be learned about Christ’s
reign, the eons , and the one thousand years
in the Letter to Dr Hagee.

In Christ, Pamela 💕
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

mike kyner

« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2023, 10:36:51 PM »

I'm thinking a lot of gaps will be filled in at the marriage supper of the Lamb
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 18 queries.