bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Noah’s ark  (Read 2167 times)

Wendy

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Noah’s ark
« on: October 30, 2023, 02:03:54 AM »

Hi everyone

I pray you are all well. I was wondering did Ray ever talk about Noah and his family about what they may of felt after they enter the  ark and God closed the door I know the rain started and it had to be awhile before the water was deep enough to make the ark float
So during that time the people outside the ark must of been screaming and banging on ark to get in .
That had to of been horrible to listen to .any thought or comments on this
God bless
Wendy

octoberose

Re: Noah’s ark
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2023, 02:30:44 AM »

Hey Wendy, I hope someone can find something about Ray and Noah but I’ve come up empty.  We know that God had Noah and his family and the animals get into the ark seven days before the flood waters started.  We can’t really know, but I’m inclined to think that storm was so furious, so overwhelming, so devastating that nobody went anywhere .  If it was hailing, then who goes out in hail? If it was like a firehose on you, who can even run?  I’m from Florida, and if you know anything you do not go out in a hurricane.  I just think it was more than a person could withstand .

Porter

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2023, 05:44:53 PM »

I think it was as sudden as sudden could be. The waters came from not only above, but below as well.

Gen 7:11  In the six hundredth year of Noah's life, in the second month, the seventeenth day of the month, the same day were all the fountains of the great deep broken up, and the windows of heaven were opened.
Gen 7:12  And the rain was upon the earth forty days and forty nights.

Ray did a paper on the suddenness of destruction that will come upon the earth. I think Ray used the following verse as one of his proof texts.

1Th 5:2  For you yourselves know very well that the Day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night.
1Th 5:3  When they say, "Peace and security," then sudden destruction comes on them, like labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

The parable of the Ten Virgins also comes to mind.

Mat 25:1  "Then the kingdom of heaven will be like 10 virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the groom.
Mat 25:2  Five of them were foolish and five were sensible.
Mat 25:3  When the foolish took their lamps, they didn't take oil with them.
Mat 25:4  But the sensible ones took oil in their flasks with their lamps.
Mat 25:5  Since the groom was delayed, they all became drowsy and fell asleep.
Mat 25:6  "In the middle of the night there was a shout: 'Here's the groom! Come out to meet him.'
Mat 25:7  "Then all those virgins got up and trimmed their lamps.
Mat 25:8  But the foolish ones said to the sensible ones, 'Give us some of your oil, because our lamps are going out.'
Mat 25:9  "The sensible ones answered, 'No, there won't be enough for us and for you. Go instead to those who sell, and buy oil for yourselves.'
Mat 25:10  "When they had gone to buy some, the groom arrived. Then those who were ready went in with him to the wedding banquet, and the door was shut.
Mat 25:11  "Later the rest of the virgins also came and said, 'Master, master, open up for us!'
Mat 25:12  "But he replied, 'I assure you: I do not know you!'
Mat 25:13  "Therefore be alert, because you don't know either the day or the hour.

I don't know why, but I have a hard time believing that everyone in the land/region literally died. Nevertheless, I'm probably very wrong about that. I do believe everyone and everything was “swept away” off the land/region, however. Thus, I'm sure there is a lot more to learn about Noah's flood for me.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

ralph

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2023, 07:53:57 PM »

Hi everyone

I pray you are all well. I was wondering did Ray ever talk about Noah and his family about what they may of felt after they enter the  ark and God closed the door I know the rain started and it had to be awhile before the water was deep enough to make the ark float
So during that time the people outside the ark must of been screaming and banging on ark to get in .
That had to of been horrible to listen to .any thought or comments on this
God bless
Wendy

I am sure it was horrible for the people outside the ark, and no picnic for Noah and his family, but it is not something I tend to think about. I am more interested in the spiritual significance of Noah's Ark as we have to live every word within.

Matthew 4:4
4 But He answered and said, “It is written, ‘Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.’ ”

octoberose

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2023, 02:19:12 AM »

Porter, that is so interesting.  It’s the second time in a week someone has brought up the Ten Virgins for me to read.  It’s interesting the virgins without weren’t just told to go away but they were told to go where the oil was and buy some for themselves.  And the virgins with the oil said they couldn’t give any of theirs.  What do you think that means for our time now ? Then  of course it was too late for the groom. 
  The rivers must have all gone up and up and up and  everything was flooded .

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2023, 03:01:30 AM »

Brief explanation of the flood.

There presently are great volumes of underground water that we can drill for and use.
In the past there apparently was a lot more of it and keeping it underground originally protected from evaporation.
In the past the mountain ranges were much smaller and lower and rose up due to movement of the continental land plates
causing sharply inclined strata which is evident to the casual viewer in parks in every continent around the earth.
Pictures are available on YouTube.

So according to scripture the rain was caused to fall continuously for 40 days AND stored ground water or the fountains of the great deep shot up in
a manner similar to a volcanic eruption..
Why does that seem unlikely? Is anything too hard for God?

If the several mountain ranges are very high now due to earthquakes we may logically suppose that the earth was relatively
flat before Moses' time. Remember there had been no rain prior to that time.
So perhaps covering all the earth's mountains would only require enough water to rise to 5000 feet.
There is presently in our oceans enough water to cover the whole earth at a depth of 1 and 1 half miles if the earth were flattened.

On an aside I believe that the mountain ranges will be brought back down and the sea floor will be brought back up when our Lord returns and we will have much more arable land for growing crops and grazing cattle and building cities.

Please do not let the impossibility of events described in scripture lead you to doubt God's power.
These things we call miracles are child's play for God.

Dennis Vogel

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2023, 07:27:23 PM »

There are two very good videos on Noah's flood:  https://youtu.be/3myuXca7hkc  and  https://youtu.be/Fie4lGQ_9kU

Bob, I remember this coming up some while back and I asked you to watch the second link. Did you ever watch it? Because you say things that cannot be backed up with science or scripture.

Noah's flood was a local flood and Ray proves it in both videos.

indianabob

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2023, 09:08:13 PM »

Will watch both and comment privately.
Thanks, Bob

Wendy

« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2023, 04:22:52 AM »

Thank you all for  your replies

God bless
Wendy

Porter

« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2023, 04:36:59 AM »

It’s interesting the virgins without weren’t just told to go away but they were told to go where the oil was and buy some for themselves.  And the virgins with the oil said they couldn’t give any of theirs.  What do you think that means for our time now ?  .
The first thing that comes to mind is “for many are called, but few are chosen”. — Mat_22:14
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.