bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Happy Turkey Day!  (Read 1717 times)

Porter

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Happy Turkey Day!
« on: November 23, 2023, 07:39:52 PM »

“May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey be plump. May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump. May your yams be delicious and your pies take the prize, and may your Thanksgiving dinner stay off your thighs!” —Anonymous. 8)

Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

Wendy

Re: Happy Turkey Day!
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2023, 11:27:38 PM »

😂😂😂good one

Happy Thanksgiving everyone 🥰

indianabob

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2023, 01:15:27 PM »

Good day to one and all,
I am especially blessed and thankful on this day of remembrance and just wanted to share my blessings, even if selfishly.

I am the husband of a beautiful woman who has gracefully served me all these 62 years without complaint and by her love and patience has contributed greatly to my growth in grace and knowledge of God's bounty.

We are the parents of four beautiful children the youngest of which is 53 this year.

Each of the children has a unique personality, but with their individuality still respects my beliefs about the Creator God and has never allowed our separate God given understanding to bring any stress to our familial love.

It is apparent to me that God has had His hand on my life in many ways, even with the challenges of illness and loss that have been a part of my life.

Thank you all for your kind thoughts and may we all appreciate this life of contrasts that God provides to teach us how to love righteously.

Porter

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2023, 03:05:51 PM »

Glad you liked it, Wendy.  :)
Thank you, Bob, I can relate with a lot of what you said. I'm “only” 51 and have been with my wife for more than half my life, and I really couldn't be more blessed by her presence. My wife and kids may not believe what we believe here, but they seem pretty cool with it.

Peace to all.
Luk 22:31  "Simon, Simon, look out! Satan has asked to sift you like wheat.
Luk 22:32  But I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And you, when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers."

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2023, 08:14:26 AM »

“May your stuffing be tasty. May your turkey be plump. May your potatoes and gravy have nary a lump. May your yams be delicious and your pies take the prize, and may your Thanksgiving dinner stay off your thighs rump!” —Anonymous. 8)

Fixed the quote  ;D

Along with the rest of society its too bad that Thanksgiving has become to be about stuffing your face and watching football more than being thankful to God for his manifold blessings.  All we have to do is look around the world and see just how blessed we actually are.  And on a personal basis we have been blessed to know some truths that have released us from the fear that keeps most of the Christianized world yet in their bondage.  How many believers are in constant agony not able to grow in their own salvation experience as they believe that beloved mom's/dad's/aunt's/uncle's/brother's/sister's never came to the knowledge of the truth and have been told they are in hell with no hope of escape? 

There is enough stresses in the world today without having to carry that baggage along with everything else.  Everytime I'm tempted to think that things aren't going too good God hauls me back up to see just how blessed that I really am.

indianabob

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2023, 12:50:37 PM »

Good day Arion,
Reading your message and noted your location in Michigan and thought that you were not too far from me in Northern Indiana.
Then checked the google map to find that Marquette is almost in Canada.
So how is the winter weather in Marquette?

Does being on Lake Superior moderate the temperature to some degree?
I am really looking forward to the time when we will be together in the Kingdom.
Regards, Indy Bob

Musterseed

• God is Love
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2023, 03:37:12 PM »

1Corth.4-9. ERV

I always thank my God for you because of the grace that He has given you
through Christ Jesus. In Him you have been blessed in every way. You have been
blessed in all your speaking and all your knowledge.This proves that what we told you about Christ is true.Now you have every gift from God while you wait for our
Lord Jesus Christ to come again. He will keep you strong until the end so that on
the day when our Lord Jesus Christ comes, you will be free from all blame. God is faithful. He is the one who has chosen you to share life with His Son Jesus Christ Our Lord.

Thanks be to Our Lord, Jesus / Jehovah.

Our turkey day was last month but every day is thanksgiving and we have so
much. God has blessed us greatly with gold only few know about.
Arion you are not far from me either, I’m in Nova Scotia,  Canada. The sun is
blazing here and still insects flying around, people are still golfing. We haven’t
had snow yet. I- Bob , being in the Kingdom is all I think about anymore.
Will be so awesome, we can say , “ finally Lord, AT LAST. “:D

HAPPY thanksgiving to you Porter, Wendy and all who love God’s word.
" No man can come to me,except the Father draw him"
                                   (John 6: 44)

arion

• Marquette, MI
    • Big Bay Michigan Weather
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2023, 08:46:39 AM »

Good day Arion,
Reading your message and noted your location in Michigan and thought that you were not too far from me in Northern Indiana.
Then checked the google map to find that Marquette is almost in Canada.
So how is the winter weather in Marquette?

Does being on Lake Superior moderate the temperature to some degree?
I am really looking forward to the time when we will be together in the Kingdom.
Regards, Indy Bob

Hey Bob;

Usually winters are pretty bad up here but so far it's been very mild and I'm looking out at bare ground right now.  Not too many years ago we measured 320 inches of snowfall for the season at the airport so you never know.  Lake Superior is a large heat sink so living right by the lake early in the season we are warmer than other places and while others are getting snow we are getting rain.  The opposite end of the spectrum is in early spring inland can be getting up to sixty degrees away from the lake and because we are getting the relatively cold air off of the lake we will be in the forty degree range.

Pretty blessed up here with a relatively low population as my township is 180 square miles and has a population of only 700 people and lots of fresh water and abundant wildlife.  I'm still working (retire next year God willing) a security job for a remote compound and I have seen moose, bear, wolves, coyotes, bobcat, lynx, pine martens and even river otters.  I once had a bear look in the window at me while I was having my morning coffee so you never know what you are going to see.  A couple of our people saw a mountain lion.  We've caught them on the trail cameras but I've been here for over 20 years and haven't seen one so I know they are around.

As long as you can bear the cold and snow its not a bad place to live whatsoever....especially if you don't like crowds.   ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.