bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Study?  (Read 5172 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Study?
« on: December 21, 2006, 07:30:11 PM »

Dear Sir,

I appreciate the opportunity that you have afforded me (as well as others!) to become familiarized with your scholarship.  However, in the spirit of furthering my understanding, I would ask if you could make some recommendations regarding additional literature that you consider worthwhile.  Most importantly, I am interested in acquiring a bible, as well as apocrophya, that are the most accurate translations from the original (Greek?) texts.  I have read works by Elaine Pagels as well as some translations by Marvin Meyer, ‘The Kybalion’ (Hermetic teachings), etc.  Moreover, with all the available literature/compilations how is one to separate the ‘wheat from the chaff’?  Wishing you the best and thanking you in advance for your reply…

Sincerely,

David

Dear David:

I have read none of the works you reference. My study and teaching Bible is a Nelson King James. I consult The Concordant Litral Version and Rotherham's Amplified Bible regularly. I also have e-Sword on my computer which has pretty much replaced Strong's Concordance in book form. I also find Wigrum's Greek and Hebrew Concordance keyed to Strong's a very useful tool. That's about it.

I occasionally consult a Bible Dictionary. I have several, I don't particularly like any of them.

Mostly I pray and study the Scriptures................just the Scriptures.

God be with you,

Ray

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.