bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.


.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shoot Me  (Read 2429 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Craig

  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4282
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Shoot Me
« on: January 16, 2007, 06:58:04 PM »

> You say "There was a time when there was more right with America than there
> was wrong with American(sic), but that can no longer honestly be said. I
> love this country". The you must also love the fact that this country was
> born in blood and strife, begat by men who pledged their sacred honor and
> their very lives to its birth.
> The words of Patrick Henry are just as valid today as when he first uttered
> them in that Virginia church so long ago; "It is in vain, sir, to extenuate
> the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace-- but there is no peace. The war
> is actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to
> our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the
> field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What would
> they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the
> price of chains and s lavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course
> others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!"
> You sir, and your ilk, were you to belong to a political party, would choose
> the "Do Nothing" party. You say "resist not evil!". Fine, then if a
> psycopath were to invade your home (psycopaths ARE evil, are they not?)and
> rape and kill your family, you would sit idly by, "resisting not evil", I
> suppose?
> You say we are not to kill our enemies. Then, how sir, are we to remain
> free and alive? By talking them to death? By "loving" them to death? No!
> The reason this country exists is because men were willing to lay down their
> lives for their brothers, and to kill those who would enslave them. Were
> such men but bloodthirsty killers, bent on destruction? Did they desire and
> love to kill? No, it was a dirty and necessary job, one that I am sure
> produced tr aumatic injuries, to their temporal selves, but also to their
> very spirit. I used to work as a Certified Nurses Aide in a nursing home. I
> did not desire to change dirty diapers twenty or thirty times a day, but it
> was something that HAD to be done, lest the patients be left in their own
> filth. The same can be said for the soldier I was. There was a dirty job
> to be done, a filthy and bloody job, but one that HAD to be done. I never
> did have to kill anyone, nor did I desire to, but if the situation called
> for it, I would not have hesitated.
> Jesus taught us, if nothing else, sacrifice for those that one loves.
> Soldiering is my way of showing my love for my neighbors, by being willing
> to do the dirty job, and by being willing to die if need be in performing
> it.
> If it weren't for people like me and my brethren, you would not have the
> freedom to believe as you do.
>

Dear Glenn:
You probably didn't notice, but my roots go back a little further than Patrick Henry.
You, Glenn, should do what you were called to do, and I will do what I am called to
do.  I served my four years in the US ARMY.  And now God has called me to do
something else, so shoot me!
Ray
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 26 queries.