bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FATHER'S WILL? Mobile Conference 06 Transcript added - A Word About Humility  (Read 42647 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead

2006 Mobile Conference
http://bible-truths.com/audio/9-2-06MobileConf.1.mp3 (this 1st link has poor audio, but the rest are okay)
http://bible-truths.com/audio/9-2-06MobileConf.2.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/9-2-06MobileConf.3.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/9-2-06MobileConf.4.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/9-2-06MobileConf.5.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/9-2-06MobileConf.6.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/9-3-06MobileConf.7.mp3
http://bible-truths.com/audio/9-3-06MobileConf.8.mp3 A Word About Humility

Audio 1

WHAT IS "THE FATHER'S WILL?"

[No one will enter God’s Kingdom unless he “does the Will of the Father,”
Yet only the Chosen Elect Few even know what it is]

A STERN WARNING:
 “Not every one that says unto Me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven;
but he that does the will of My Father which is in heaven” (Matt, 7:21).
This is the only way into the kingom, he that does the Will of My Father.

BUT WHAT IS THE FATHER’S WILL?

“And this is the Father's will which has sent Me, that of all which He has given Me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day” (John 6:39). But what is it?

“For whosoever shall do the will of My Father which is in heaven, the same is My brother, and sister, and mother” (Matt. 12:50 & Mark 3: 35) What is it.

“Even so it is not the will of My Father which is in heaven, that one of these little ones should perish” (Matt 18:14) What is it?

“I can of Mine Own Self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and My judgment is just; because I seek not Mine Own will, but the will of the Father which has sent Me” (John 5:30) What is it?

“Now we know that God hears not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and does His will, him He hears” (John 9: 31).

“If any man will do His [God’s] will, he shall know concerning the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of Myself” (John 7:17). But what is it?

“Cast not away therefore your confidence, which has great recompence [compensation] of reward. For you have need of patience [ endurance--Matt. 24:13] that, after you have done the will of God, you might receive the promise” ( Heb 10:35-36).

WHO IS THE FATHER?

There is a big misconception, in the whole Christian world They read the OT and it talks about God, the Lord, and Jehovah, and they think this is God the Father... it is not, this is not The Father. Few Christian alive understand, until Jesus Christ came no one on earth knew anything about this entity called God the Father Nobody ever heard of God the Father, they heard of God, they thought God was the one who dealt with Israel, the prophets, Moses, and Adam and Eve in the OT, that’s God.We learned that was not God the Father. He was there, but not specifically referred to in most of those scripture. Paul says there are many gods, pagans have their gods...

“But to US there is but ONE GOD THE FATHER, OF Whom are all things [all things?], and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by Him. Howbeit, there is not in every man this knowledge…” (1 Cor. 8:5-7)

The word 'things', in this verse should be, ‘those’ not things, it’s talking about people, beings.

Who has that knowledge, let’s analyze this. I’m amazed at how much we can learn from so little. The Bible does not give 20 page explanations of different things But there are little words and phrases, if you understand them, will explain a whole gamut of things. We just read over these words. Pay attention to the words. Don’t just read over them and try to get an overview. Pay attention to the words, all the words. Man should live by every word (Luke 4:4). All scripture are by inspiration of God, all these words are important.

Notice what it said “But to us there is but one God the Father, of whom are all…”. What is the all?  Well, what is not of the Father, nothing.  What about Jesus, is Jesus of the Father or is He His own God? It says, of the Father is all, that would have to include Jesus. “…and we in Him…”,  what does this mean? There is one God and we are in Him. How are we in Him? There are other scriptures talking about God being in us.

Acts 17:23  For as I passed by and saw the things you worship, I also found an altar with this inscription: TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Not knowing then when you worship, I make Him know to you.

The Greek had all these gods, they thought maybe there was one they didn’t know about. So they even made an altar to the unknown god, and Paul said, the one you call the unknown god, is the One I worship.

God made the world and all things there in. How does that stack up with modern religion? Where do they go to worship, in a church building. Where does God say He does not dwell ( Act 7:48; 17:24), in a building made with hands. There was a time when God dwelled in the Holy place, both in the tabernacle and in the temple in Jerusalem. But after He ushered in the NT, He destroyed that temple, and tore down the curtain that separated man from God. We go directly to God now.

“For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am in the midst of them,” (Matt. 18:20).

You do not have to go to a church. God does not dwell in church buildings. Neither is He worshipped with man’s hands. As if He needed anything, seeing that He gives us all life and breath, and all things.

Acts 17:26 He has made of one blood, all nations of men, for to dwell on the face of the earth. And He is determined their appointed seasons and boundaries of their habitation,
v. 27 that they should seek God, if haply they might feel (grope) after Him and find Him, though He is not far from each one of us;

Now we have another false concept, where is God? in heaven? Well, where is heaven? Waaay up there?
He is not far from any one of us, but what does that have to do with the theory, you have to go worship in a church or on this day or that day? He is not far from any of us! We don’t pay attention to the words.

GOD IS SPIRIT, but nowhere in scripture does it say, God is a Spirit, God IS Spirit.

v. 28 For in Him we live, and move, and have our being (we exist in Him), as certain even of your own poets have said, for we are also His offspring.

Whenever Paul could make a connection with their pagan beliefs, he made the connection, so they would say, this man knows what he is talking about. Paul said, I am become all things to all men to gain some, (1 Cor. 9:22). When you go to Japan, you take off your shoes before you go in the house, he didn’t say I’m not going to take off my shoes for nobody.

Rom 13:7 Render to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honor to whom honor.

So here he was siding with them, look your own poets have said that we are God’s own offspring. They were pagan, but they were right, in some things they were right.

So let’s think about this a little bit, who is the Father? In Him we live and breath and have our being. Liken the ocean to the Spirit of God, and liken us to the fish. The fish are 95% water, the ocean is in the fish, and the fish are in the ocean, get it?

A bird has very porous bones, because they have to be very light. It flies in the heavens, it breaths fast, because it needs strength and oxygen. So the air (which is like the Spirit of God, which is what he calls it in the NT, Greek word for spirit is pheuma), the expanse is even called heaven, where the bird flies, and liken the air to the Spirit of God. The bird has air in him and is flying through the air.

Now this is what the Scriptures say, we are in God and God is in us. So, get it out of your head that God is a man, sitting on a stone throne, like Abraham Lincoln in Washington D.C., an old man with gray hair. God is right here, it (Bible) says so, we have to just listen to the words.

God is Spirit, it also says God is invisible, you can’t see Him, not literally. We can see Him in Spirit, as in our heart, in our mind, our soul, our spirit, in our innermost being.

The thing that makes us different from plants and other animals, is we can 'see' God. I’m trying to help you right now, to see God. So when you leave here, you will see God in a way you didn’t, when you walked in here. If God opens it up to you, I can only tell you, but God must open it up for you to grasp it.

God is here, not here because we are here, but He was here before we got here and He’ll still be after we leave. Because this desk is here and this desk has it's cohesion in Jesus Christ. It is through Jesus Christ that this desk holds together or it would fall apart. It takes energy and power, what is the source of the power, Jesus Christ, which comes from the Father and it’s passed off out of Him. One Father, one God, all and everything is out of Him. GOD IS ALMIGHTY!

What did Jesus say when He left His apostles and vanished out of their sight.

He said, “all power is given unto Me in heaven and in earth,” (Matt. 28:18).

That’s why He has come, He’s not the Father, but He’s God and He possesses all power in heaven and earth. By being the One, who possesses all power in heaven and earth, He is God. He didn’t have all power in heaven and earth from all eternity, it was given to Him. One God, everything is out of that God. We’re in Him and He’s in us, because He’s Spirit. Not a Spirit, in some geographical location. The reason God knows everything is in all places at all times, is because that’s where He is. He’s Spirit and He refers to Himself as Spirit. My Spirit is here, there and everywhere.

David was inspired to write, where can I go to get away from you God, up to heaven, down to sheol, (Psalms 139:7-12).
There’s no place I can go, where you are not. Why?  God is Spirit, God is not a man, get that out of your head. He (God) tells us that, God is not a man... Jesus Christ is a man.

Where is God?  EVERYWHERE!
If you're in a life raft, out in the middle of the ocean, you don’t have to cry out to God, to help you. God can see you, in the big ocean. He’s there, whether He’ll help, that’s a different story. But He is there.

I clipped this saying years ago and pasted it in the front of my Bible,

'Thy ocean, O Lord, is so great and my boat is so small.'

It’s the truth, we are pretty small in the universe. Everything is out of God.

So there was a time, before everything was out of God, when there was just God. That is a hard concept... take away people, take away the earth, the stars, the planets, the solar system, the galaxies, and the whole universe, take it all away and what do you have? If you take away the creation, what is left? Would it be dark or light? You have to pay attention to the words. Take away the creation of the universe and you’re not left with blackness of outer space. I’m just going to read it to you.

Isa 45:5  I am Jehovah, and there is none else; besides me there is no God. I will gird thee, though thou hast not known me;
v. 6  that they may know from the rising of the sun, and from the west, that there is none besides me: I am Jehovah, and there is none else.
v. 7  I form the light, and create darkness; I make peace, and create evil. I am Jehovah, that doeth all these things.

So if we do away with the created universe, what do you have? You have God and light. He created the darkness. But I had someone say to me, cold is the absence of heat, and darkness is the absence of light, it’s not something, it’s the absence of something. I say, I know that sounds very scientific, but God’s thoughts are not your thoughts, neither His ways our ways, and God created darkness. Except that there be, this envelope of darkness that shrouds us from God, it would be light all the time, everywhere. There is no darkness with God. Only in His creation did He create darkness.

So don’t think before God created the universe, He was drifting around in outer space, with nothing to sit on, nowhere to go and nothing to do. It doesn’t even say that there was nothing. It doesn’t say in the beginning there was nothing and God made something. It says in the beginning God created the heavens and the earth, but God doesn’t live in things that are created. He doesn’t need that for habitation, because He existed before He created those things. Now He resides in heaven, the heavens being (among other things) us. Our spirituality is of heaven and He dwells in man. Don’t you know your body is a holy temple of God. There are multiple heavens.

Back to verse 5. How can there be no other God besides Jehovah? He is Yahweh and Elohim is part of Yahweh. So He says I am the Lord and there is no God besides Me. Now when it says, in the beginning God (Elohim) created the heavens and the earth, it’s a plural. That’s why God said let US be making man in OUR image. How can one person say Us and Our? It’s because God is from the Hebrew word Elohim and it’s plural. Jehovah is part of that plurality. He is part of the Us, so really there is no Us. But whoever God represents, is Us. 

Sometimes He even represents us, as an angel of the Lord, but sometimes I have a feeling that it’s Jehovah, but it could be a special angel of the Lord, that is not Jehovah. And when He speaks on behalf of God, people took that as God.

Like an ambassador of our country, you would represent your country, tho you are not our country, you are the highest representative of your country. But Jehovah is part of the Elohim, the One God.

I know this is a little bit of a stretch for most people, but God is not the first name of the Father. God is a title, it means the supreme Being of the universe, the supreme Deity, that’s what God means and represents. In most languages that’s the title, not the personal name of some being, it’s a title.

Smith is the title of who I am, I’m a Smith. I have a son, Blake Smith. If someone says to him, are you a Smith, he’ll say yes and Ray is my father.  He’s a Smith and I’m a Smith, I’m his father and he’s my son. But, he’s not me. I’m in him, because he came out of me. He deserves the title Smith, just as much as I do.

Jesus Christ looks like God, acts like God and thinks like God, has all the power, majesty and glory of God.
HE'S GOD!

So before the universe there was God. Was there anything besides God?  I don’t know, it doesn’t say. It just tells us when the heavens and earth were made. It does not tell us if there were spiritual things that were, or were not made, before or after this.

Understand the Bible is very limited. The bible talks to humanity from the reference of the earth. It doesn’t go much farther than that. The Bible says virtually nothing about, before God created the heavens and the earth. And it says virtually nothing about when we will be in the kingdom or born into the family of God. Just a little phrase here and there.

So what is God? We know He is Spirit, He’s everywhere, He’s light, and He’s all powerful, all these things.
Not some lonely Being before He made heaven and earth.

But this God, that is everywhere, this light, bright, brilliant power, majesty, glory, all knowledge and wisdom, represents Himself to humanity, as a Father.

So if you wanted to know what kind of a God He is, He’s like a Father! That’s as close as you can come to what God is like.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:30:48 AM by Kat »

Craig

Re: Mobile 2006
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 12:38:59 PM »

This is a transcript of most of part 2, off the 5th and 6th audio
there are insertions throughout from the notes Ray handed out,
a section was left out that was covered in the love transcript.

2006 Mobile Bible Conference
                                  Part 2

HOW DID JESUS DO “THE FATHER’S WILL”
   [What did Jesus do that defined His Father’s Will in His life?]

Jesus is surely a main part of “The Will of the Father.”
But just where did Jesus come from?
What part does Jesus play in "The Father’s Will?"
Who is God the Father?
Who was He, where was He, what is He?
Is God a fix up man?  No.  Where can you go to get away from Him?
He’s in you and further more you’re in Him.

What analogy could you use to demonstrate that? Like the fish in the sea, and the birds in the air. The fish is in the water and the water is in the fish. The bird is in the air and the air in in the bird.

God is everywhere!  He is in us and we are in Him, because He is spirit, not 'a' spirit - spirit. He is invisible and God is love. Now it is difficult for humans to understand how spirit can be anything. But understand that spirit is a whole lot more real than the physical, because the physical is temporary and spirit is eternal. With all physical you have the laws of thermodynamics always enforced. Everything in the universe is doing three things, cooling down, slowing down, and deteriorating. Spirit doesn’t cool down, slow down, or deteriorate. Spirit is eternally youthful, for God does not have gray hair or wear glasses.

So we’re talking about where Christ came from. It said in the beginning there was nothing physical we know of, and God created the heavens and the earth and the whole universe.

What was it like before creation when there was only God? First of all we don’t know that there was “only” God. There was no “heaven and earth,” but that doesn’t prove all was total void. Was God alone in a giant space of darkness? What darkness? He created the darkness (Isa. 45:7). God is not darkness. God is in perpetual light, He’s the Father of light, the Father of spirit. There is no darkness in Him, there is no night only bright (Rev. 21:23; James 1:23; 1 John 1:5). God is light; there is no darkness in Him forever.

Now one of the attributes of God is that He never changes, which may sound like somewhat of a contradiction, because there wasn’t a universe and now there is. What made Him change His mind from not having a universe, to wanting a universe? Well you can not really say He changed His mind. Now when the scripture says He changed His mind, like in Numbers 23:19, where it says, God doesn’t repent (be sorry, repent, change mind, avenge). He does not change His mind, it doesn’t mean He doesn’t do anything. It means that He Himself does not change His mind or what He is, that never changes.

1Samuel 15:19  God does not change His mind.

Malachi 3:16  I am the LORD, I change NOT.

James 1:6 …the Father of lights, with Whom is no variableness.

Romans 11:29  For the gift and calling of God are without repentance [Gk. irrevocable].

Heb. 13:08  Jesus Christ the same [Gk. ‘same One; same Self’] yesterday, today, and forever.

It is paramount that God never change, therein lies the ultimate stability of eternity - GOD WILL NEVER EVER CHANGE. One doesn’t change total perfection. Creation will change, albeit God will never change.

Phil. 2:5 Let this mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus. 

Why? 1 Cor. 1:10; Phil. 2:2; Phil. 3:6; 1 Peter 4:1; Eph. 4:1-6 --- UNITY; no divisions.

We read these things, God doesn’t change, but nobody thinks about it. It’s very important that God does never change and will never change. Why do you think that’s important? Would it be better if He was flexible and changed a little bit? You don’t improve perfection. Was God always perfect? I don’t know.

We learn. Did God ever learn? Now He knows everything, but did He ever learn? I don’t know. It doesn’t say.  But we know this, by the time He made the creation He either always was or reached perfection. How could an imperfect God (I don’t mean flawed or evil, but a God that was not perfect), how could He make a creation of humanity and say I’ve still got to work out a few bugs, in this theory of what we are doing and where we are going?  

Do understand I say these things humbly, I don’t mean to be the least bit demeaning, when I say I don’t know if God ever learned. We know, that He knows now. So how do we know if He learned? He doesn’t tell us. But in one sense it doesn’t matter, all we know is He’s perfect  How does He know He’s perfect? Well in order to claim perfection, you have to know what it is. He would have to have such a vast knowledge of everything, to know whether there ever existed a possibility of ever becoming better than He is. Think about that. He knows so much, I mean one centimeter of brain could contain trillions and trillions of encyclopedias on end. He knows so much, that He knows not only there is no one else like Him, He says I’m the only God,” (1Tim. 1:17; Jude 1:25). There is nothing better He can achieve than what He is. He’s perfect, now whether He always was or achieved it, there your brain only goes so far.

We like to think in terms of back then and the future out there. This was back at creation and now we are headed for eternity... no? You can’t look at it that way, it doesn’t work.

If you want to come up with an analogy of where God is in His own realm, as far as time goes. The closest physical analogy you could come up with is a circle. Not starting back there and going this way, that way is the past and this way is the future.  

Now if the realm of eternity is as a circle, can somebody point to where eternity begins on a circle? Can anyone show me, on this circle, where eternity ends? You can’t, can you.

Now I’ll give you another little mind boggler, not only can you not show me where it begins or where it ends, I’m telling you it has no beginning and it has no end. It doesn’t move in a circle, it is a circle. Therefore time has nothing to do with eternity.  

Even your dictionaries most of them, not all, say eternity is an endless period. Eternity has nothing to do with time, time starts here and goes to there.  

Eternity is like a circle, you can’t find the beginning and you can’t find the end. Because it has no beginning and it has no end. Therefore in that sense a circle is ultimate truth. So God knows there can never be any thing more perfect than He is. That’s where He introduces Himself to us. We are introduced to a being who is perfect.

There’s nothing that says He can’t build a kingdom and make it bigger and bigger. But it does say that He is perfect, and He doesn’t change. That is the most solid and stable thing we could hang our hopes and dreams on. Our God will never change and that He is already perfect, wow!

Now the Bible does use physical analogies, like a rock. He is like a rock, solid, immovable and unchangeable.
1Cor. 10:4, “…and that Rock was Christ.” It says that all drank of that spiritual drink and they all followed that Rock and that Rock was Christ. So God in the physical analogy of things is a Rock, He is unchangeable because He reached perfection and you don’t change perfection.

All the pagan gods change, they are fickle. Read about all the pagan gods from any country, they’re fickle, they change with every whim and fancy and notion that comes along. They’re in many ways more carnal and stupid, than the servants that worship them as gods.

But God never changes, because He is already perfect, that’s our God.  But God’s kingdom does change, but always in an upward, onward, forward, and larger proportion.

Isa 9:7, Of the increase of His government [empire, kingdom, Lordship, dominion], and peace [prosperity; friendly, health, safety, happiness, welfare, rest, peace, ect.-Strong’s Hebrew dictionary] …there shall BE NO END…

We can’t really wrap our minds around the spiritual things of God, with a carnal brain. So you have to do the best you can with what God gave us, until He increases our mental capacity or spiritual capacity or whatever. We are limited.

I’m a retired roofer, so we’re doing the best we can here. Now if you know some place on the internet we can go and learn all this stuff, you let me know. Or if you know about some hot book, like that book ‘The Purpose Driven Life,” ridiculous nonsense.

Now there is no word in the Hebrew or Greek in the Bible that means forever, eternity, forever more, for ever and ever, there is no such word. So whenever endless time is meant you have to use more than one word. About the only phrase that is ever used to show that something doesn’t ever come to an end, is just to say it, ‘it never comes to an end.’ There is no word eternity in the Bible, but it has the same meaning when it says, there shall be no end.  But you don’t find a scripture that says, the torture of mankind in this place called hell, will have no end. There is no such scripture, trust me. Some people get confused and think Christ is going to rule for ever and ever. But it doesn’t say that, at all. You know His rule comes to an end in 1 Cor. 16:24.

Luke 1:33 And He shall reign over the house of Jacob forever (eons), and of His kingdom there shall BE NO END.

Oh, He’s going to rule endlessly. No, no, no.  He’s going to rule for the eons. Of His KINGDOM, not Christ as the king, but of the kingdom, that He did rule over, of that “kingdom there shall be no end.”

1Cor 15:24 then is the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God, even the Father; when He makes to cease all rule and all authority and power.
v. 25 for it is right for Him to reign until He has put all the enemies under His feet.
v. 26  The last enemy made to cease is death.
v. 27  For He put all things under His feet. But when He says that all things have been put under His feet, it is plain that it accepts Him who has put all things under Him.
v. 28  But when all things are subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also will be subject to Him who has subjected all things to Him, so that God may be all things in all.

He gives up this kingdom to God, He was the King of this kingdom and it comes a time when He gives it up to God, even the Father, when He shall have put down all rule, all authority, and all power and He must rule till (means until) He has put all enemies under His feet.  He no longer rules because He doesn’t require that type of rulership. That Christ rules with a rod of iron, the Kingdom that is established. That is the subduing of all humanity, all enemies, all angels in heaven, all subdued and coming under His authority and government. All is in peace now, no enemies, He then turns over the kingdom to His Father. He’s no longer the King, the Father becomes the Patriarch of the family of God. The kingdom just keeps growing and going and growing and going and like it said in Isaiah, it has no end.

Now think about this. We have a perfect flawless God, with all wisdom, all knowledge, all power, and He’s love. Not just love like a king loves his subjects. But like a Father loves his sons and daughters. This is a pretty nice relationship and He will never change.

He is a rock solid, He can be depended on for all eternity, and nothing will ever go amuck in His kingdom.
But the kingdom will keep growing, we will not be bored out of our gourds with nothing to do, no place to go. There will be activities and growth forever. What? Well He doesn’t tell us, we just have to accept it on faith that what He tells us is true. He said that pleasures are at God right hand (Psa. 16:11), you just have to accept it on faith.

That He is telling us the truth, that’s what faith is - faith is believing, it’s the same word in Hebrew and Greek, the word for faith and the word for belief, it is the same word. It all depends if you are using a verb or a noun. Faith is a noun and belief is a verb, it’s the same word. So you just have to believe God and what He said is true and He tells us He can’t lie and He’s perfect and never changes.

Now we are going to be part of a kingdom, where there is going to be nothing but prosperity; friendly, health, safety, happiness, welfare, rest, peace, ect., with no end. Pleasures at His right hand and growth into the circle. The reason we’re not more excited about this, is for one thing, we don’t think about these things. Because they’re not real to you, it’s sometimes you come to listen to me say and then you go home and just forget about it. You don’t believe it is real, something that is just so many years down the pike, that‘s how close it is.
Like Paul said, “Besides this you know the time, that the hour has come for you to wake from sleep. For salvation is nearer to us now than when we first believed." (Rom. 13:11)

When is Christ coming? I don’t know, but it’s closer than it was yesterday. It is close and I don’t care if you live to be 118, it’s close, with the magnitude of the universe and how long it’s been here, it’s close.

Now this unchangeable God, He makes things, He never changes, but He’s a creator, He creates things.
One of the things He made was His Son.

Now we get into the Trinity business, and oh I thought Christ was God and He existed with God for all eternity. No, He did not.

Remember the scripture...

1Cor 8:6 but there is to us only one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in Him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, through whom are all things, and we by Him.

Is Jesus Christ something? Yes. What is He? He’s of God, all is of Him, of the One God. All is of Him, Jesus Christ is of Him. It interesting that Jesus Christ is called the Firstfruit in 1Cor 15:20, "But now Christ has risen from the dead, and has become the Firstfruit of those who slept."

Gene 1:1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

But that’s not the way that word (beginning) is translated in most places in the Bible. Let’s step back a second, lets decide who created the heaven and the earth.  

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

A guy argued with me for 3 months, back and forth, telling me that was the Father, “In the beginning was the Word.” The right order of the words in the linear is, ‘and God was the word.’ “and the Word was WITH God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning WITH God.” Now it’s pretty hard for something that is something, to be with itself, see what I’m saying, that does’t quite work grammatically, does it?

John 1:3 All things were made through Him, and without Him was not any thing made that was made.

So whatever this Word was, He made everything, everything was made by Him.

v. 4  In Him was life, and the life was the light of men.
What is light? This light that shines in darkness, what was this light? It was the Word.
What did the Word do? It made all things and nothing was made that He didn’t make.
v. 6  There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.
v. 7  He came as a witness, to bear witness about the Light, that all might believe through Him.  
v. 8  He was not the light, but came to bear witness about the Light.
v. 9 That was the true Light, which lights every man that comes into the world.
v. 10 He was in the world and the world was made by Him.

We just read that He was in the world and the world was made by Him.
It repeats it (verse 3 and 10). The world knew Him not.

v. 11  He came to His own, and His own received Him not.
v. 12  But as many as received Him, He gave to them power to become the sons of God,
even to them that believe on His name,
v. 13  which are born(begotten) not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh,
nor of the will of man, but of God.
v.14  And the Word made flesh, and dwelt  among us with the glory of the only begotten of the Father,
full of grace and of truth.
v.15  John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, This was He of whom I spoke:
He who comes after me has been before me, for He was preceding me.
v.16  And out of His fullness we all have received, and grace for grace.
v.17  For the Law came through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Who is this Word, who is as with the Father, who was with God, who made all things, who was the light of men, who was made flesh, who dwelt among men,
who was the only begotten of the Father? JESUS CHRIST !

v. 18  No one has seen God at any time; the Only-begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father,
He has declared Him.

In the bosom of the Father, That means a close intimate relationship, He (Jesus Christ) has declared Him (the Father). Nobody has ever known anything about God the Father, except through Jesus Christ. Before the birth of Jesus Christ in Bethlehem, nobody on the face of the earth, ever knew anything about God the Father. But didn’t they know about God (in the OT)?  That was Jesus Christ.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 05:05:06 PM by Kat »

Craig

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 12:39:22 PM »

Jesus / page 2

That spiritual Rock that they followed out of Egypt, through the wilderness for 40 years. That was Christ. But didn’t Moses see God?

Nobody has seen God (John 1:18; John 5: 37; 1 John 4:12).
Oh he saw somebody, he saw Christ, in His glorified state. Jesus Christ is the GOD OF THE OLD TESTAMENT. Jesus Christ WAS God and Jesus Christ IS God. Yes, Jesus always had and still has a God (Eph 1:17). But the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, has NO God. It was Jesus Christ (Elohim - US) who created the heavens and the earth and humanity, “…in OUR image.”

In Rev. 19:16 it says Christ had, “on His thigh He has a name written,”  the Word of God.

There’s no getting around it, the Logos, the Word is Jesus Christ.
The creator of heaven and earth is Jesus Christ.
The creator of the human race is Jesus Christ.
No man has ever seen God, only Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ when He acts on behalf of God, with the power of God, The knowledge of God, wisdom of God, and the love of God, with the strength of God and the character of God, IT IS GOD. But He is not the Father. He came to reveal the Father.

John 7:29  But I (Jesus Christ) know Him (the Father), for I am from Him, and He has sent Me.
Now you know the one that sends someone is greater than the one who was sent.

John 13:3  Jesus knowing that the Father had given all things into His hands,
and that He had come from God and went to God,

Where did Jesus Christ come from? Well was it the Trinity, the third part of the Trinity? A third part of the Trinity, equal with the other two parts of the God Trinity? NO, He came from God.

So in John 13:3  "and that HE CAME FROM GOD,” that’s where Jesus came from, GOD. Not from the Godhead, not from the Trinity, FROM GOD.

John 16:27  for the Father Himself loves you, because you have loved Me and have believed that I CAME OUT FROM GOD. (Just like Eve came out from Adam)
v. 28  I CAME FORTH FROM THE FATHER, and have come into the world.

1John 4:9  In this the love of God was revealed in us, because GOD SENT HIS ONLY BEGOTTEN SON into the world that we might live through Him.

1John 4:14  And we have seen and testify that THE FATHER SENT THE SON to be the Savior of the world.

Heb 1:2  has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom HE HAS APPOINTED heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds,

If Jesus Christ was part of a triune god, a trinity, then nobody’s appointed anybody, nobody is sending anybody. There is not one greater authority in a perfect equilateral triangle. But Christ said, My Father is greater than I, (John 14:28).

Rev 3:14  And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

The beginning was the Word of God, what did God began with? Jesus Christ, right? The Word, that’s what God began with, Jesus Christ is the beginning.

Gen. 1:1 In the beginning[ Heb: reshiyth - spec. Firstfruits] God [Heb: Elohim] created the heavens and the earth.

1 Cor 15:20  But now Christ has risen from the dead, and has become the Firstfruit of those who slept.

That Jesus Christ “became the Firstfruit of those who slept.” Who is the Firstfurit? JESUS CHRIST.

Where did Jesus come from: John 7:29; John 13:3; John 9:42; John 16: 27-28; 1 John 4:9, 14.

Jesus was created by the Father; Heb 1:2; Rev 3:14. Jesus Christ was created and than became the Creator of all. So when you talk about Jesus Christ, you are talking about God. But you are talking about the One who was begotten in the God family, and one who could be emptied and formed such as a man.

A couple of other points here. Christ said to the Pharisees, "Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." (John 8:58). He didn’t say I was, He said “I am.” What did He tell Moses? Moses said who will I say sent me and He said tell, “I AM THAT I AM” (Exo. 3:14), or I Am what I will be, is what the Hebrew indicates.

So Adam, Noah, Abraham, Joseph, Jacob and the Hebrews, never knew God the Father, they knew Jesus Christ - Yahweh. When they hung Christ on the cross, they crucified their own Creator.

In 1 Cor 10:4, that Rock was CHRIST. It also says in verse 9 that follows that “we should not tempt Christ.” When they tempted “the Lord” (Exo. 17:7) back then, they murmured against(tempted) Christ (Deu. 1:27; 1 Cor. 10:10), is what it tells us.

So Jesus Christ is the God of the Old Testament. He is the reason Elohim is plural and God said "let US."

So the Father is doing the creating, but it is done through His Son, Jesus Christ, His first born. Now for scriptural proof, in Heb. 1:8 it says "Thy throne, O God, is for the eon of the eons ...” Now I know the Jehovah Witness and I’ve read all their stupid ways of trying to get around that verse, and it just won’t smoke. It means what it says, God addresses Jesus Christ as “Thy throne, O God,” and the O is in there, it’s in the Greek and it’s back in the Hebrew where this verse is quoted from as well.

Only God is to be worshipped, the leper came and worshipped Him (Matt. 8:2), the chief, worships Him (Mat. 9:18), and the woman came and worships Him (Matt 15:25). Rev 1:8  "I am the Alpha and the Omega … the Almighty." That’s Christ, God. “And the Word was God,” (John 1:1) Thomas said, when he felt the holes in Christ’s body, "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:28). Christ did not correct Him.

Titus 2:13-14 ...the Great God and Savior Jesus Christ. Who gave Himself for us…

So He is God, but He is not His own Father. Jesus Christ came to reveal the Father; Luke 10:22; John 6:46;

Matt 11:27, Nor does anyone know the Father except the Son, and the one to whom the Son will reveal Him.

Nobody knew anything about God the Father, until Jesus Christ revealed Him. The only God that anybody knew was Jesus Christ.

Here’s an enigma.
Since Jesus Christ was the God of the Old Testament, and He was so powerful that Moses couldn’t even look upon, but a little bit of His hind parts. How does God become a man? How can God die?

Exo 33:22  And it will be, while My glory passes by, I will put you in a cleft of the rock, and will cover you with My hand while I pass by.

How can a Creature like that die? How can you reduce God down to a man? Well we’re not talking about the Father, we’re talking about somebody who God did create. We are told very little about it and even that is shrouded in poor King James language. We have a couple records that it was done, but how it was done we only have one reference.

Phil. 2:6  Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Why did He think it not robbery to be equal with God? Because God gave Him everything He has, “all power in heaven and earth is given to Me.” (Matt 28:18). But He wasn’t the originator of the power, it had to be given to Him. The giver is always greater than the receiver, the sender is always greater than the one sent.

Phil. 2:7  but made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant (should be slave), and was made in the likeness of men.

You don’t learn to much from the King James there. What is this made in the likeness of man, and that word ‘was’ is out of place there, ‘was’ means emptied. It’s just a very poor choice of words. He wasn’t just made, He emptied Himself. How do you do it? I don’t know how you would do that, but He did, it said He did. He was God and He emptied Himself of all His power and glory and majesty and divinity. So He could be made and fashioned into a man, so He could die.

Now imagine you being God and you created the universe and all that’s in it, including the human race, that’s what you are - God. Now you are going to be reduced down to a fleshly body, that’s perspires and stinks, no power or glory and you're going to die. Why would you want to do that? First of all, how did He? I don’t know, but if God made Him in the first place, He could reduce Him down. But it was voluntarily. Does God force this on Him, against Himself will? Nope, He volunteered. Christ always volunteered, He always wanted to do the will of the Father. Was it the will of the Father that He do this? Yes, so He did it. He emptied Himself of all of His glory and everything that He had.

Heb 2:5-12  Jesus who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death …

He emptied Himself voluntarily, down into a human being, lower than even the angels themselves so that He could die. He wanted to die. Not because it was going to be a grand and glorious thing to do, and I’ll show you why. Jesus knew His mission by the age of twelve.

Luke 2:49  … I must be about My Father's business [Gk: the things {courts} of My Father‘s]?

I have to do the will of the Father. So whatever He did was the will of the Father. The one who did the will of the Father is the one who really loved the Father of humanity, Jesus Christ, the creator of heaven and earth and the human race.

Jesus Christ accomplished many, many things. I just want to cover three giant things He accomplished as a human being.

[1] “I have overcome the world” (John 16: 33). As a human being He overcame all the pulls of the world.

[2] “For even hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered FOR US, leaving us an example, that ye should FOLLOW HIS STEPS:  Who did no sin, neither was there guile [deceit] found in His mouth” (1Peter 2:21-22). He came to set an example, of how to do it.

[3] “Who gave Himself for our sins, that He might deliver us from this present evil world,  according to the will of God and our Father” (Gal. 1:4)

Three things - He came as a human being and He overcame the world and He suffered for us. So He set the example that we should overcome the world as He did. Isn’t that what it says in the conclusion to the church of the Laodicea, in Rev. 3, where it says, v. 21 “To him who overcomes…. even as (means in the same way) I also overcame…” He is the example, that’s how Christ did the Father’s will. How are we to do it? In the same way.

Gal 1:4  who gave Himself for our sins TO DELIVER US from the present evil age, according to the will of our God and Father,

We will be delivered into the family of God, the firstfruits, because we are a type of firstfruit.

“In the beginning (firstfruit) God Created the heaven and the earth.” (Gen 1:1)

He is the Firstfruit of those who slept, He’s the first of everything, that His name may be first preeminent above any and every and all, because He is the Creator. He emptied Himself, became the Savior of the world. He will forever be the preeminent One, in the whole universe.

JESUS: The Personification of God’s Will due to Humility.

Because humility goes hand in hand with qualifying for the kingdom of God, doing the will of God, and being in the state of mind that understands spiritual things. If your not humble then it won’t work. A major point is Christ always did the Father’s will, with humility. You have to understand Christ knew who He was, He knew He was the only begotten Son of God. He knew He was the spoken Word of God, the Logos, the Firstfruit, the Creator, the God of the Old Testament, He knew that. He took on the form of a slave. He could have come as the king of Persia or something, you know. But He took the form of a slave, a lowly servant. He said I’ve come to serve, not to be served.

John 5:21  For as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whom He will.

Jesus could raise anyone He wanted to from the dead, He said He could, He had the power to do it. He did raised a few people, Lazarus, and the girl, He could raise anybody, He had the power. But did He flaunt it? No.

It’s an amazing thing, God is perfect, He knows He is perfect, all wise, all knowing, all love - perfect. But Jesus Christ as God, is humble. It just doesn’t seem to go together, but actually it fits very nicely. Now it doesn’t say that the Father is humble, not that He is vain. But it does not say He is humble.

But Christ had to realize, He was not always. He knows He wasn’t always here as God. He had always known that God had made Him what He is, and it’s humbling you know.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2015, 11:31:17 AM by Kat »

Craig

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 12:39:45 PM »

Jesus / page 3

Proof of Christ’s Messiahship and Sonship~
              (scriptures on Christ)

John 5:17  My Father works hitherto and I work.
John 5:21  Jesus could raise anyone He wanted to from the dead.
John 5:22  The Father has committed all judgment to the Son.
John 5:26  The Father has given Christ to have life within Himself.
John 5:30  I seek not Mine Own will, but the Will of My Father.

This is the Creator of the whole universe talking here, who made the constellations, the galaxies, stars, the milky Way, He made the mountains, and the oceans too. But He can do nothing, He got it all from the Father. God is from the Father, He got life from the Father. Now if you don’t exist except by the Father, how can you take credit for anything?

If someone has a great singing voice and some of them are thankful and realize it is a gift of God. It’s a gift, you can’t take credit for a gift. You can posses it and use it and appreciate it, but you can’t take credit for it. That should humble you.

John 5:36  Jesus did all the works that His Father gave Him to do.

How do you do the will of the God? You do all the works that the Father gives you to do. Well how do we know what those works are, well what did Jesus do?

Now it does mean when you follow in His steps... not that you are going to hang on a cross and die for the sins of humanity. But you do have to hang on a cross.

Gal 2:20  I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me.

Rom 6:3  Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death?

You can’t take credit for what Christ did for you, see? So Christ gave us the example of what to do and with what attitude to do it. You will find there is no deviation from that, because Christ is the same yesterday, today and for ever. He patterns everything He does after the Father, who never changes.

John 6:44  No man can come to Me except the Father draw him…
John 8:28  Jesus taught only what His Father taught Him.
John 8:29  I do always those things that please My Father.
John 8:49  I honor My Father.
John 10:15 I know the Father, and I lay down My life for the sheep.
John 10:17  My Father loves Me because I lay down My life.
John 10:18  No man takes it from Me, but I lay it down of Myself.
John 10:25  The works I do in My Father’s name bear witness of me.

What works done in His Father's name? They’re all done in His Father’s name. That’s why He said if you don’t believe me, believe the works. Well what did He do?

John wanted to know if He was the Messiah, the One that I baptized, was that the Messiah? Christ said you go tell John, that the gospel is being preached to the poor, I heal all the sick, I raise the dead, and see what he thinks. John probably thought, yep that’s Him.

John 10:29  No one is able to pluck them out of My Father’s hand.
John 10:30  I and My Father ARE ONE.
John 10:37  If I do not the work of My Father, believe Me not.
John 11:42  Father…I know that You hear Me ALWAYS…

Why? Because He did the Father’s Will. He always did what pleased Him. Through works that He did, the thoughts that He thought, the deeds that He did, the words that He spoke, they were all of the Father. He did it in humility.

John 12: 29 The Father gave Me commandments what I speak and say.

Christ gets credit for nothing, nothing at all.

John 13 :3  Jesus knowing the Father gave all things into His hands.
John 14:6  No man comes to the Father except by Me.

Why? Because that’s the way the Father ordained it.

John 14:10  The Father that dwells in Me, He does the works.
John 14:24  The word that you hear is not Mine but the Father’s.

Do you begin to see how Christ did the Father’s Will. Everything He thought, everything that He said, every deed, every work done, was of the Father. That’s the Father’s Will.

We have many pages in the Bible, if you have a red letter Bible, you can read not only what all the apostles, but what everyone said about Christ. It said Christ went about doing good, Christ didn’t say that, someone else said that about Him. Read the black and red letters about what Christ was saying. All that I’m telling you now (these scriptures in John), are the words of Christ Himself.

John 14:28  My Father is greater than I.
John 15:9  As the Father loved Me, so I loved you.
John 15:10  I have kept My Father's commandment…
John 15:15  All that I heard of My Father I made known to you.
John 15:16  Ye have not chosen Me, but I have chosen you.
John 17:1  Father glorify Thy Son that He  may glorify Thee.
Gal. 4:6 - Through Christ’s spirit we now cry out: “Abba Father.

Why did Christ want to be glorified? So He could glorify the Father. When Christ said, “When you understand these things, you will say, Abba Father.” Abba is a Aramaic word, and scholars say it goes back to when little children, toddlers or babies would call their father Abba, or maybe we would say, Dada. A very endearing term. That He’s not just the great God the Father, but Daddy and as Daddy He calls us little children.

Eph. 2:15  Through Christ we have access to the Father.
1 John 2:1  We have an Advocate with the Father- Jesus Christ.
1 John 4:14  The Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world.

The churches say it will never happen, isn’t that disgusting. God Almighty commissioned His Son to be the Savior of the world. He said, Son I’m going to send You down there to be the Savior of the world, and all the ministers say as one, it will never happen, You can never pull it off God. Who do you think you are, is what they say to God. It’s incredible how that the biggest blasphemers of God Almighty, is the church.

But don’t be to hard on them. Let me tell you something. God doesn’t call everybody to be one of His favorite chosen, elect, except from the church. So we don’t want to poo poo the church too bad, because that’s where He gets the elect from. I have never heard or known of an atheist converting and becoming one of God’s elect. They always go into the church first, to be corrupted by the church and then they’re shown the truth and they come out.

Rev 18:4  And I heard another voice from Heaven, saying, Come out of her, My people,

Where are God’s people, in the corrupt church of Babylon.

Rev 17:5  And on her forehead was a name written, MYSTERY, BABYLON THE GREAT, THE MOTHER OF HARLOTS AND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

God said, guess what that’s where My people are. But they are not His elect until He elects them out. Then they become His chosen favorites, as will the rest, but not yet.

Act 10:38  how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and with power. He went about doing good and healing all who were oppressed by the devil, for God was with him.

Mat 4:23  And he went throughout all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues and proclaiming the gospel of the kingdom and healing every disease and every affliction among the people.

John 5:36 …the Father has given Me to do the same works that I do, bear witness to Me that the Father has sent Me.

How He accomplished this: He healed the sick and raised the dead, fed the multitudes (can consist of 5000 or more). There was always multitudes around Him and innumerable multitude (the word innumerable in the Greek is a specific number, 10,000, it’s not really innumerable, but when they translate it into English that’s what you get), and He did this over and over again. As He did everything He did it to perfection.

1Peter 2:22-23 Who did NO SIN, neither guile found in His mouth. Who when He was reviled [vilified], reviled not again; when He suffered He threatened not; but committed Himself to Him [His Father] that judges righteously.

Heb 4:15  For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
v. 16  Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need.

Some of you are now in a time of need. This is the time to go to God for mercy. Sometimes you just have to cry out for mercy, you say I don’t mind troubles Lord, but it’s just getting too heavy.

Mat 11:28  Come to Me, all who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
v. 29  Take My yoke upon you, and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
v. 30  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

So what do I do when I come to You? “take My yoke.”  Wait a minute, I am heavy laden and you want to take a yoke, isn’t that work? Listen, what is a yoke? You don’t pay attention to the words. How many have heard this scripture, “come unto Me…. take My yoke…. learn from Me…” you have all read that. What is a yoke? It‘s a connecter bar with two loops that go down around the necks of oxen. Two, it’s for two. Christ didn’t say put a yoke around your neck and drag it around all day and you’ll do fine. He said, take MY yoke. There are two places on a yoke, there are two oxen pulling. The yoke connects the two oxen and they pull together, because there is more power that way. Christ said take MY yoke, and put it on. So if you're in one and it’s Christ’s yoke, who is going to be on the other side? Christ. He is pulling the other side, He is right there with you, you're not doing it yourself. Again when He talks about the yoke, He says I’m meek and humble.   

Phil. 2: 7-8 But He made Himself of no reputation,  and took upon Him the form of a servant, and was made [emptied Himself of His glory and privileges] in the likeness of men. And being found in fashion as a man, He humbled Himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross. Wherefore God also has high exalted Him, and given Him a name which is above every name.

John 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting (Eonian) life.

Why did God do that? Why did Christ volunteer to go to the cross? Well I’ve been told all my life that He died for my sins. But did He have to? Did He have to die for our sins? Is there no way to pardon sins, out of His love and mercy? Couldn’t He say, 'okay you have sinned, but I pardon you.' After all what is grace.

Eph 2:8  For by grace you have been saved through faith.

Grace will save you, so why die? Did Christ have to die? Why did God want to die? Why would God want to become a man? When I say God I’m talking about Jehovah, Jesus Christ. Did the Father ‘make’ His Son Jesus die? Did He ‘take’ His Son’s life? NO!

John 10:17  For this reason the Father loves Me, because I lay down My life that I may take it up again.
v. 18  No one takes it from Me, but I lay it down of My own accord. I have authority to lay it down, and I have authority to take it up again. This charge I have received from My Father."

Jesus VOLUNTEERED HIS LIFE for us!! While we were yet sinners (Rom. 5:08). What the law couldn’t do and we couldn’t do, CHRIST DID (Rom. 8:3).

We must experience sin before we can be saved from it! How did Elohim come to a knowledge of “good and evil?” We aren’t told.

Why did God want to become a man and die? Well there are a number of reasons. Jesus Christ is the First fruit, He is the Word, He is the Creator of all and so on. He made this human race and He gave them (all with the direction of the Father - Elohim) an experience of evil, which is not a nice thing. God did not say there is nothing wrong with evil, just sit back and enjoy it, He doesn’t talk like that.

Eze 33:11  Say to them: As I live, says the Lord Jehovah, I have no delight in the death of the wicked,

God made us, He put us through it, but we will never in all eternity, be able to have a one-upmanship over God, by saying you don’t know what it’s like. It’s already decided. First of all, God gave up His Son, and for any of you that are parents, it is harder to give up a son than it is to give up yourself.

Now Christ is the actual Creator, He reduced Himself down to the very humans He made, to be just like them. Except He had the Spirit of God. So He came down to show us how to live as a human being, under all the duress, stress, and mess and He did it humbly and perfectly.

So He set us an example and He could have stopped there. He could say I went through hunger, they tried to throw me off cliffs, they slapped Me, they mocked Me. They put spears in My side and He could have zapped them in a second. He let them do that for 33 years and never fought back, and never had a evil thought against them. 

He showed you how to live and He could have quit. But after He did all that, He said now I’m going to die for you, because I love you. Think about it, He didn’t have to die, nobody took His life. He said I lay down My life and “no one takes it from Me,” (John 10:18). He died to prove to us that He loves us. He didn’t have to, He just did it, so we would know that He loves us. We can’t say, but our Creator had it made in the shade, no. He came down and was under the same temptations, under the same rules and regulations and then He went to the cross and died, voluntarily. He says in effect, if that doesn’t show that I love you, I don’t know what else I can do.

So that’s what He did and that’s why He died, because He loved us and He wanted to prove it. So He died for our sins. God accepted that for a sacrifice, but it was a voluntary sacrifice. It wouldn’t have needed to be done, they did it that way, but it didn’t need to be done that way.

They (Israelites) were forgiven for a whole year, just by the sprinkling of a goat’s blood, in the Holy place on the Day of Pentecost. But Christ wanted to prove to the human race that He was every bit as good of a man, as any other man was. He doesn’t sit in His ivory tower telling us how great He is. He did it as a man. God became a man and died, because He loves His creation and He wanted us to know He loves us.

This is awesome stuff! It’s like a fairytale from Greek mythology, but it’s not, it's the Bible.

So He puts us through hell to get us in His family. It’s necessary to go through this pain and suffering and evil, to become holy, righteous, and good, you have to go through it.

I got as email just yesterday, a man said anybody that couldn’t do what God wants to do for humanity, instantly, is not God. Some things, by there very nature, require time and circumstances. The gift of the Holy Spirit is patience, well I want it and I want it now, no. Patience is waiting for something under duress and the pain of not having it, that’s patience. How can you develop that without time and duress. The more you think about it, just try to think of one virtue, love, kindness, faith, any virtue that you try to think of, that is not in some way, shape or form the result of overcoming some form of evil. To be good you must overcome evil. Because your tendency is to be evil.

1Cor 15:1-4  Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you--unless you believed in vain. For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures;

We have yet much to learn!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:42:24 PM by Kat »

Kat

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 12:44:09 PM »

This is a transcript taken from the 2nd and 3rd audios.
Some notes Ray handed out at the conference and scriptures have been added.

Adam and Eve

God introduces something that I think we read over. In recent years I’m starting to pay attention to the words, those words are in there for a reason.

Gen 1:26  And God said, Let Us make man [humanity] in Our image, after Our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the heavens, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over all the creepers creeping on the earth.
v. 27 And God created man in His [Own] image; in the image of God He created him. He created them male and female.

In the Hebrew Interlinear, reading from right to left:
"And He is creating, Elohim, the human in the image of Him, in the image of Elohim He creates him, male and female He creates them.”

And now from the Concordant Version:
“And creating is the Alueim [God] humanity in His Image.  In the Image of the Alueim [God] He creates it.  Male and female He creates them.”

Did you get that? God is creating man in OUR image. Clearly the point is made that creating mankind in the image of God is in the indefinite tense [past/present/future] and not in the past tense as in the King James and most bibles. This creation continues.

God wants children in HIS VERY OWN IMAGE. This is God’s plan. This is God’s purpose. This is the reason for the creation of humanity. This is “The WILL of the Father.”

Old Testament: “And creating is God humanity IN HIS IMAGE.  In the image of the God He creates it. Male and female He creates them.” (Gen. 1:27)

New Testament: “ For whom He [the Father] did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be [complete is yet future] COFORMED TO THE IMAGE OF HIS SON, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren” (Rom. 8:29).

Look there are two things here. God creates man in His own image. “In the image of God creates He him, male and female creates He them.” So man is created in the image of God, right. But did you catch it? The female is created in the image of God. Did you miss that? The female is created in the image of God, therefore God is female. But we call Him ‘Him,’ so He’s male too. HE’S BOTH.

It doesn’t say God is evil, He has a knowledge of good and evil. But He is good.

But when it comes to male and female, they are both equally in the image of God, or being made in the image of God, or in the image of God He’s making ‘them.’ It’s both ways. They’re being made into His image and He is making them in His image. You see that? You see how it’s repeated twice there.

“Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness.” So God created man in His image, “in the image of God.” The verse says “in the image of God created He them, Male and female,” see God created man in His image, but then in the image of God, “He created them male and female.” Female is in the image of God, God is female.   God is male and female. Where did God ever get the idea for a female? Is this something that doesn’t exist in His being? Is this something foreign to God? Femininity is in God. That’s why He took that and made a representation of that, in the form of a woman. That’s God! Just as much as the man is God.

I think some of you women have felt slighted over the years, that God is not a woman. Well some religious groups refer to God as she, you know. God in His image He created a woman, yet the only way He could do that, is that woman was in God. Then He created out of that (from Himself), the woman.

I heard someone say El-Shaddai, El - being God, Shaddai - breath. El- Shaddai the God with breath or the breath of God.

So when we talk about the man and the woman now, we’re talking about in the image of God Himself, in both of them. Man is in God’s image, so the woman is the feminine side of God.

I don’t want to get in trouble with this next thing here. I’ve shied away from it a little bit. That is, how long were these days of creation. People just get highly offended and I don’t have all dogmatic proof yet, that I would really want before I make a dogmatic statement on it. But, I have felt for many, many years that the creation days are not 24 hour days.

First of all, and it came to be, morning and it came to be evening the first day. It came to be evening and it came to be morning, day one. There is no such phrase like that one, no where else in the rest of the Bible, that’s very unique, nothing like that, no where. There is nothing close to that anywhere in the Bible. The phrase is 6 times for the creation days, but nowhere else.

Let me preference with this in Gen 2:15. If we pay close attention to the words, sometimes the simplest little word, we can learn so much. If we just believe God, that He used a word, that really means something, you see.

Gen 2:15  The LORD God took the man [not the man and the woman, He’s recapping, we’re going back now with a little more detail, how He did all this creating; chapter 1 He talks about everything quickly, chapter 2 He fills in some of the details], and put him in the garden of Eden to dress it and keep it.

What is that? How did he dress and keep the garden? If you have a one acre yard and garden and maybe you have a few fruit trees, cucumbers and tomatoes or whatever. I told you I was going to have to leave for a couple of months and I wanted you, while I was gone, to dress it and keep it for me. Would you have any idea what I was talking about? Maybe it’s tend to it, but how would you tend to it? Pull out the weeds, what else, I mean we are in a little different age, and God cursed the land, it was a little different. But the meaning of these words have not changed  
It means to cultivate, to till the ground, to guard it (against varmints or whatever would come in and eat it) maybe prune the trees. The Bible speaks of such things, because when you prune trees they produce more fruit, right.

Now do we believe that God made the creation and then later in the six days, remembered He made them male and female on the same day He made the animals, right? Now lets say this is the 24 hour period and He made 6000 species of animals, how long did that take? I would suggest it was past lunch time before He got to man, maybe coming towards evening, right. Because the last thing He made on that day was man. If that was a 24 hour period, can you believe God made man about 3:30 or 4:00 in the afternoon and then said I want you to dress and keep the garden until the sun goes down.

Well we got another problem, in verse 18;  

Gen 2:18  Then the LORD God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone;"

The word ‘be’ there is translated by Rotherham, and in some as ‘continue’ or ‘remain.’ Sometimes the King James will just throw you off completely on a verse, with one simple little word like ‘be.’ God said, "It is not good that the man should be (remain or continue) alone;” Well if He made man at 3:30 in the afternoon and the sun is going down at 6:00 and another two and a half hours he’s got to tend and keep the garden. How long did he have to be alone before he gets a wife? Because he’s going to make a wife on the sixth day too it says, right? He couldn’t make it for two hours?

I mean before I quite my job I was away from my wife, for at least 8 hours every single day. Adam here is created 3:00 or 4:00 in the afternoon and pretty soon the sun is going down, and God said it’s just not good for man should remain alone, it’s just not good.

So man is tending the garden here, tilling the soil, pulling the weeds, you say what if it didn’t have weeds? Well you don’t know that, look up what those words mean, it means to till and all that and it means to guard. God said, "It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a helper fit for him." But not today, we got work to do?

Gen 2:19  So out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the heavens and brought them to the man to see what he would call them. And whatever the man called every living creature, that was its name.

I don’t know how many thousands of animals there was, but there are a lot of species. Somebody suggested 6000. How did Adam name these animals? He named them according to their characteristics. An elephant was a big bulky thing and he probably called it, in Hebrew ‘the big bulky thing,’ you know. An ant eater, ‘a nose ground eater,’ he eats on the ground with his nose or whatever. But before he could name them, he had to observe them, he had to know what their characteristics, what they did and how they acted. Now had Adam said, I guess I’ll call this a duck. God would say, that’s good whatever you want to call them, that’s what we’re going to call them. Six thousand species he named, between 4:00 and sundown. Are you kidding me? After naming those 6000 species, it said at the end of verse 20, “and to every beast of the field. But for Adam there was not found a helper fit for him.” He noticed that they all had a partner, they all had a partner, except him.

Do you really think this all took place between 3:30 and 5:00 or 6:00 in the afternoon? That he had no mate, and God said you know it’s not good that man should be alone, it’s not good that man should remain alone, it’s not good that he should continue to be alone, it’s not good that he should stay alone. But then He gave him more things to do. Now we got to name all the animals, how many weeks did that take, how many months did it take? How many years did he take care of the garden?

I just don’t believe it says he tended and kept the garden and tilled the ground, named all 6000 species and all this in 2 hours. I believe this took years. Adam didn’t have a mate for years. He longed for a mate, everybody had a mate, the elephants had a mate, the chickens had a mate, they all had a mate, but he didn’t have a mate.

Gen. 2:18 (God said) It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.  

But not now, we have to name the animals, and keep tilling the garden, we’ll just keep doing this. But if you going to believe orthodoxy, it’s 6 literal days, you got to fit it in there. It all happened in late afternoon, you know, between 3:00 and 6:00, well whatever.

God did not have to repeat that it’s not good that this man should stay alone, because he went 2 hours without a mate, give me a break. I mean I’m sure he had a lot of testosterone, but I don’t think that he couldn’t go 2 hours. I’m thinking it was years.

Now they have about 10 ways, that they can date the universe or the earth. You know they put the earth at about 5½ billion and the universe at 15 or 20 billion years. Now I don’t know if it’s that huge a thing, but I believe the creation days are more than 24 hours. I’ll prove to you from Genesis, the first Chapter itself, that even the Bible says that all of those creations days were ONE day.

Gen 2:4  These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, in THE day that the LORD God made the earth and the heavens.

What does it say? When did He make the earth and the heavens? In ONE DAY. But we just read it was 6. Now 6 days are called THE day.

Day has different connotation, when the sun comes up you say it’s day. From sunup to sunset is day. But from sunup until sunup, the night and the day is called day. God said a thousand years to Him is but a day.  

Then we have the day of God's wrath. That great and terrible day of the Lord. I don’t have this one down yet either, but I’m getting there and I’m studying it, off and on, in the back of my head and with the scripture. I believe ‘the day of the Lord,’ starts when Christ returns. He returns in wrath and I think that wrath continues through judgment. Those coming up in judgment are going to have God’s wrath poured upon them (If they didn’t have it poured upon them when they were in the flesh, the first time around, before they died), and then they come up in the second resurrection.

Then it says they are going to store up for themselves wrath. Well if they died and didn’t get it and at sometime they’re going to get it. They don’t come up until after the millennium? We know that the beginning of the millennium God comes back in wrath, so we are talking about several eons or millenniums of time called ‘a day.’

So am I totally off base, when I say a day can mean more than 24 hours? I don’t think so. There are 10 ways that they date the earth, you know. The more recent, that go back about a 5000 years. They use radio carbon 14 dating, beyond that it’s not very accurate. Then they use isotope dating and they have 10 of them and ironically all 10 of them project the age of the universe is somewhere between 10 and 20 billion years, all 10 of them. Except it’s not that way. But I don’t know, they know there’s some inconsistencies in those things and the way they operate now, maybe they didn’t always operate that way, under climatic conditions or whatever.  

But there is one very physical way that I think we can probably agree that the earth is more than 6000 years old and that the creation days are more that 24 hour periods.

Now you all know if you cut down a tree it has rings, right. One ring for one year, winter and summer produces a ring. Even modern times you still have rings. They are physical, you can’t say that I think these 3 rings are all one year, it doesn’t work that way. One ring, one year. You know there are trees that are 4000 years old. Bristlecone pines out in California and Arizona you know some are 4000 years old. They were little saplings when Moses crossed the red sea, maybe. They’re still alive, and they have rings.

When it snows every year and you have a warm and a cold climate, you have a lot of snow or not much and you cut down through the ice layers, they’re like the rings of a tree. They took a core, back in 1982 or 1982. I think it took them a whole year to do it, in Russia. They went down to a very deep ice field, 2096 meters, and took a core. Of course they chopped it into pieces and lined them up and put them in freezers, and then they started to study them. You start at the top and you go back and you can count the seasons. So they have a piece of ice 2096 meters long, that’s like 6000 ft., that’s a mile and a quarter, right?

The ice field where they took this sample goes down another 1700 ft. The reason they didn’t go any further is because when you get down that deep, the weight of the ice is so enormously heavy that it crushes the seasonal rings. So that they are indistinguishable, you see. The tremendous weight just crushes them together, like an accordion. But in the 2096 meters of ice, guess how many of those seasonal rings there are? 100,060.

Now unless God is playing tricks on us and producing rings in trees, in years that didn’t exist you see and He produced layers of seasonal ice that didn’t exist, then we don’t have to go into isotope dating or any of that stuff. We got physical rings and layers and you can count them.

So to help verify it, they go back and say we know that there was a eruption in this part of Russia or Asia are in some place. A huge eruption of a volcano in 622, lets see if we can go back on the rings, to where we think it’s about 622 and see if there are any volcano deposits in the ice. They find them. So they know that this is pretty accurate and it’s physical. 100,060 layers that they can count. So maybe the earth is more than 6000 years old.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 06:04:49 PM by Kat »

Kat

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 12:45:51 PM »

Adam-Eve/page 2

What I am saying, in my heart and mind I don’t believe that Adam tilled the garden and took care of the garden, and how big was it? 1000 acres? I don’t know how big it was, he took care of all that and then he named all the animals and everything in a few hours before sunset? I just don’t believe that. I believe it took certainly months, if not years.

If God was just going to create Adam and say, 'now one of your jobs in the future is going to be to keep the garden'... no. Now He was saying it to him then, you might say some of it you and your wife are going to do together later... no... then. He gave it to him now.

And by the way, when you and your wife are taking care of the garden I want you to name the animals? He had to name them... then. After he named all 6000 species, guess what? There was no one for Adam, there was no one for him. Can’t you see the longing here, over a long period of time? I think it was at least years. He didn’t have a mate, he looked for one and even God admitted that it was not good for man to continue forever without a mate. I’ll make him one, but not today. Now, then He says but there was none found for him.

Gen 2:21  So the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and while he slept took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh.
v. 22  And the rib that the LORD God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man.

So we’re told God took a "rib" and closed it back up and made a woman out of the rib. Now He then said, wake up Adam I’ve got something for you. He wakes up Adam and He brings him the woman, Eve.

Gen 2:23  Then the man said, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man."

Is that what he said? Would you like to know what the Hebrew says? 

You know I knew this for I don’t know how long, 10-15 years ago I learned this. So when I was doing this study I thought, well I’ll get the exact wording from the Concordant and see how they say it, because the Concordant is the only one that got this right. I looked in my Concordant and it wasn’t in there. The Concordant didn’t even get it right. The Concordant of the Old Testament doesn’t have it right. But I've got five other translations that got it right. Why you never read them is because you just passed over them and didn’t see it.

Adam didn’t say, "This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man." That is not what he said. He was longing for a mate, God acknowledged it was not good for the man to be alone, and said I’ll make him a mate. Now we read over here where did the woman come from? The woman is in the image of God. God didn’t make man and then make woman out of the side or image of man. No, it plainly says;

Gen 1:27  So God created man in His own image, in the image of God He created him; male and female He created them.

Female is created in the image of God. There is female in God. God is female just as much as God is male. Where did He get the idea of femininity? It’s in Him, it’s a part of Him.

Adam is longing for this part of him that is missing. Maybe he didn’t fully understand what testosterone was, but he was feeling the effects of it and not only that, he had nobody to talk to. He talked to God, but He was on a little higher level there, you know. Adam might say, 'what did you do today God?' Well I don’t know, what did you do Adam? Well, pulled some weeds and I noticed all those animals I named, they all have a partner. I was wondering why it is I don’t have a partner God, why is that?

So we read over here that the female came out from God. That’s where it originated, God is female just as much as He is male and now He creates the man, and the man has no female counterpart. The animals do, he doesn’t. But he longed for it and God admits he shouldn’t be alone like this. I’ve got to make him a mate, but not today. I’m saying it was years later. 

So He takes something out of Adam (notice He didn’t make the woman out of the dust of the ground), He took something out of Adam to make the female. We’re told it was a rib. I think we’re told wrong.

So God finally makes Adam a woman and He brings her to him and he says, “This is bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh…” How did he know that? How could he look at the woman and say hmm, let me see here... there is one missing, Lord there is one missing did you take my rib and make that woman for me? Do you think that’s what happened? He looked at her and instantly knew. 

But that’s not what he said, he didn’t say, “This is bone of my bone,” Here is what he said, I’ll give you the translation from James Moffet. He looked at her and said, “this AT LAST is bone of my bone!” Why did he say at last?  Did he say, 'I’ve been dying to have a mate for over an hour?' That is nonsense. Adam went for years without a mate, he was tilling the garden, he was taking care of the garden and he was naming all the animals, and who knows what else he was doing. But now he said “AT LAST!” where it says, “this is now,” that word ‘now’ means, at last finally someone for me.

The New World Translation say, “This is at last bone of my bone.”

The New American Version says, “This one at last is bone of my bone.”

The New Revised Standard Version says, “This at last is bone of my bone.”

The Living Bible says and I like this one, “This is it!”

She is part of my own bones and flesh, "this is it," Adam exclaimed. So first of all he was excited. I mean what a beauty, I mean come on all for me. But it was at least... you know he waited a long time, finally after all these years, finally someone for me.

How did he know it was bone of his bone? How could he look at Eve and say, you came out of me? What did he see? God didn’t say, 'Adam I know your going to wonder where this woman came from, I put you to sleep and I took a rib, I made her.' No, he could tell, he looked and saw and he said that’s me, you come from me. How did he know that?  He looked, he had something before he went to sleep, he had something and when he woke up and God brought him to the woman, he didn’t have it anymore. She had it! What do you suppose that was? He (just like God) was male and female. God is male and female, Adam was male and female. God took the female part and made a woman out of it. Adam saw that what he had was now gone, it’s over there. She came from me, that’s bone of my bone and flesh of my flesh, she came out of me. 

Now can you see any spiritual connection in all this? How God is longing for a compliment, a counterpart, someone to compliment someone. It says a counterpart in the Greek, a compliment, or a help meet. A counter part for Adam that was not found, now he has a compliment, a counterpart to him, to make him complete. 

That’s what God is longing for. Where is it going to come from? Out of Him. He has one Son, Jesus Christ, we are sons in the making. So where did Christ come from? 

In the Hebrew the word is no. 6763 - tsela, and it can be translated ‘rib,’ and door, side and chamber. In Ezekiel 10 times this same word translated rib is translated chamber. A chamber-maid is usually some one who tends to the house, but specially the bedroom. If you look up chamber, the definition is a private room. The bedroom is your most private room. Our sexual anatomy is called our private parts. Can you put it together? This is not a rib. He took the femininity from him and made a woman. First He put it in the man, and then He took it from the man and made a woman out of it.

Now an interesting thing. It says in Tim. 2:14, that when Eve took the forbidden fruit she was deceived, the serpent had deceived her. But Adam was not deceived. Well if she was deceived, and she ate the fruit. Why did Adam eat it? He wasn’t deceived, so why did he eat it? Why didn’t he say you dumb female, you stupid wife of mine. How could you do such a dumb thing. No, no he did not. She gave him some and he ate it too. Why would he do that? He knew. Because God told him first, and He told him specifically. We know Eve knew because she said to the serpent, “God has said.” But first He said it to Adam before he created Eve. You can eat of every tree but of this tree you can not and the day you eat there of you will DIE. (Gen. 2:16-17)

In the Hebrew, ‘to die you shall be dying.” You will begin to die, you will be mortal and just die. You will be mortal and come to old age and die. So he knew that, he knew that when Eve ate it she was going to die. He longed for that woman so long and now she is going to die.  He loved her so much, he said if she is going to die, I’m going to die with her, and he ate the fruit. He knew full well he would die, and he said I’m going with her. I’m not going to let her go alone, you see. So he was willing to die for that woman.
You see any spiritual connections?

Eph 5:25  Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church and gave Himself for it [He died],
v. 26  that He might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the Word,
v. 27  that He might present it to Himself as the glorious church, without spot or wrinkle or any such things, but that it should be holy and without blemish.
v. 28  So men ought to love their wives as their own bodies.

The first woman came from the body of man.

v. 28 He who loves his wife loves himself.
v. 29  For no man ever yet hated his own flesh, but nourishes and cherishes it, even as the Lord loves the church.
v. 30  For we are members of His body, of His flesh, and of His bones.

Adam said to the woman, she is flesh of my flesh, bone of my bone, she came out of me.

So we are members of His body, flesh of his flesh and it says;

Gen 2:24 For this cause, will a man leave his father and his mother, and cleave unto his wife, and they shall become one flesh.

When a man and a woman are united in sexual intercourse their bodies are inside of each other. I mean that’s a pretty good connection, that’s not just a hand shake. Your bodies are literally inside of each other (I hope I’m not too gross, but there are no children). They are one flesh, in that relationship, you see. That is why you’re not supposed to fornicate with prostitutes. Because when you’re joined to a prostitute you’re one flesh too, and that’s an abomination. You cling to your wife, not your wife and your girl friend and the local whore. Your wife, because your one flesh, you see?

This is a great mystery it says. But I’m speaking concerning Christ and His church. The relationship of Christ with the church, it's typified by the relationship of a loving husband and a loving wife in sexual intercourse. When they are so emotionally intertwined with one another, that they are literally one flesh. This is the relationship we’re going to have with God. Christ refers to the church as the Bride of Christ.

The bride is going to be all decorated, by that we mean, made spotless and sure and clean, character wise. A fitting Bride for the creator of the universe.

Paul taught the church in Ephesians, this mystery of a man and a woman coming together. You know after a man longs for a woman for so long, and I’m saying years.

If I’m a heretic, then I’m a heretic, but that’s what I believe.

But for years and finally he, “at last” there you are. There you are, the one I’ve been dreaming of. This was a big deal.

They don’t make a big deal out of it in the King James. Because Adam says, “This is flesh of my flesh.” NO, exclamation point, “at last!” finally! This is it! Yes! My woman!

Emphatically the emotion is expressed in that word ‘now.’ Seven other translations got it right. Doesn’t that convey something of joy in the heart of God.

When Paul comes along and says this very thing we’re talking about, he’s talking about Christ and the church.
You see it’s a great spiritual lesson, this union of a husband and a wife, what it should be. How a husband should love a wife and how a wife should love a husband. I mean really love each other dearly. This is how Christ loves the church, and died for it.

Just as the husband and wife become one flesh, God wants to be that intimate with humanity, like one flesh.

John 10:30  I and the Father are one!

They’re not the same person, but ‘one,’ there’s a difference. But one, same spirit, same mind, same attitude, same character, same power, same strength, same wisdom, same purpose, they are one. That’s what God wants us to be with Him, that close, one.

It’s a spiritual thing He’s making here. We think that it’s a physical thing, we have physical life, and die a physical death, and then it’s all over. No.

This creation represents a spiritual creation. It’s not finished yet, and when we die it’s not finished. If it were, we could just pack up our books and go home. No purpose in me sitting up here trying to teach something, just go home and watch a football game.

Now He doesn’t want this just for the elect, though He calls out the elect first, but it’s for everyone.

1Tim 2:3  For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Savior,
v. 4  who WILL [Gk. Thelo- ‘to determine, wish, desire, intend, have rather, will, willing, willingly’] have all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

The Theologians of the church say that He wishes or desires that and that He doesn’t get His desires. Sorry I know you want it, but you can’t have it God. Sorry Adam I know you want the woman, and to be one flesh and intimate and loving, I’m sorry you don’t get her. That's what the Theologians say to God.

Oh You want humanity to be at one with You, nice try, it’ll never happen God. They say that the Greek word ‘thelo’ for ‘will,’ in verse 4, is a weak wish, a desire. 

Already 2 lies.
1)  Anything that God desires He gets.
It’s not such a thing as a blasphemous weak wish with God. I mean come on, God doesn’t have weak wishes. Strong wishes that come about, mediocre ones that sometimes do, and weak ones that never get done. 
I mean this was not a weak wish with God. It was not a weak wish that Adam have a woman, that he could hug and love and be at one with. It was not a weak wish, it was very strong and when it happened it was like, WOW thank you Lord.

So when she did the wrong thing, he said I’m going with her. I’m not going to leave that woman behind, where she goes I’m going, that’s my baby. He’s not leaving her behind. Oh, you sinned, your on your own, go to hell. What? Is that what Adam said? Did Adam say, Eve you stupid female, you sinned so go to hell? No, he said I’ll go with you, I’ll die with you, I love you.

Can you see why somebody dies for somebody else? He proved his love for Eve, when he said I’ll eat it too. He wasn’t deceived, he knew what it would do, he knew. He did it anyway, that’s how much he loved her.

That’s how much Christ loves the church and everyone. His will is that everyone be saved. They said that the word ‘thelo’ means wish or desire. So I wanted to knock that in the head.

So 1 was if it’s a wish, God gets all His wishes. God said, “I will do all My pleasure.” (Isa. 46:10) It’s not like when God wants something He can’t get it. What does He think He is, God? Yes, He gets whatever He wants. That’s why He is God.

2) Thelo does mean will, an absolute must happen.

1.  Matt. 15:32 … And I will [Gk. Thelo] not send them away fasting…

Remember they were following Christ and they were famished, ready to fall by the wayside. Christ said we need to eat, they said we have nothing to eat Lord, send them home. He said, “I will not.” The word is thelo, do you really believe Jesus Christ said I desire not to send them away fasting, but maybe I will? That’s blasphemy. The church blasphemies the Word of God up one side and down the other.

When He said, “I will not send them away fasting.” He had no intention in any way, shape, or form, that He would let those people go back to the city without anything to eat.

2.  Matt. 20:31 …I will [Gk. Thelo] give unto this last….

That’s as absolute promise there. That will happen. But it’s the word thelo there. The Theologians say is a weak wish.

3.  Acts 7:30 …our fathers would [Gk. Thelo] not obey…

They just wished not to obey? Is that what that’s telling us? That the Israelites, the father of old, they wished not to obey? But actually then they wished to obey, but wouldn’t. That’s absolute.

4.  1 Cor. 16:7 For I will [Gk. Thelo] not see you now.

Is Paul telling these people that he loves them so dearly, but I don’t want to see you, I don’t wish to see you now? Can in your wildest imagination believe he was telling them, that I don’t wish to see you now? I don’t have a desire to see you now?

The word is thelo, “I will not see you now.” But that was not a good thing, it was a sad thing. But it was a fact that he wouldn’t see them, now. It wasn’t his desire not to see them, that’s stupid. His desire was to see them. But the word is thelo, it’s not a weak wish.

5.  Phil. 2:13 …to will [Gk. Thelo] and to do…

He works in you both to wish and to do, but it’s a weak wish, that maybe it won’t come about? There is no “to do.”

6.  11 Thes. 3:10 …if any would [Gk. Thelo] not work.

Now listen to this, is Paul saying if somebody doesn’t desire to work he shouldn’t eat? Is that what he’s saying? How many people desire to work? No one, No one should eat then, nobody wants to get up on Monday morning and go to work. No, he will not eat, if any would not work. I mean absolutely would not work, then he should not eat either. It doesn’t say if he wishes not to work he couldn’t eat, because nobody would eat.

7.  11 Tim. 2:12 if we suffer…will [Gk. Thelo] deny us.

He wishes to deny us? He desires to deny us? No, He will. The word is thelo, what Theologians say is a weak wish only. No, it’s a fact.

I just showed you 7 scriptures, where it can be nothing but an absolute fact. So thelo was not a weak, and even if it were a desire, if it’s God’s desire it would happen any way.

They lie, God will save all humanity.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 09:49:23 PM by Kat »

Kat

Re: THE FATHER'S WILL? . . . . . . . . . . . Mobile Conference 2006
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 11:23:25 AM »

Mobile Conference 9-3-2006

A WORD ABOUT HUMILITY

Gal 5:23  Meekness (HUMILITY)…

One of the fruits of the Spirit.

In Deut 8:1-3 “…forty years in the wilderness (of evil), to humble you…”

What about us?

Ecc 1:13 I applied my heart to inquiring and exploring by wisdom concerning all that is done under the heavens:it is an experience of evil Elohim has given to the sons of humanity to humble them by it.(CLV)

What is “humiliation?” – lowliness, modesty, condescension of mind.

2Ch 7:14  … HUMBLE themselves … then WILL I (GOD) HEAR from heaven…

PRIDE VS. HUMILITY

Pro 29:23  A man's pride shall bring him low: but honour shall uphold the humble in spirit.

James 4:6  …Wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.

1Peter 5:5  Likewise, you younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resists the proud, and gives grace to the humble.
v. 6  Humble yourselves therefore under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time.

I was talking about how people make a show of Christianity, they pretend to be Christians. They say they are Christians… they say they have great faith… they say they love the Lord and so on and so forth. But you know the United States is one of the biggest Christians nations in the world, I think something like, it’s in the high 80’s, 87% or whatever that professes to believe in God and most in Jesus Christ.

Yet America has the largest per-capita of prisoners in the world, about 1%. One out of every hundredth person in America is in jail. We have three hundred and some million people and we have three million and some prisoners in jail. Isn’t that amazing? You know what is even more amazing? All three million of those prisoners are Christians. Oh there are a couple of atheists and there may be even a Jews and a Muslim, but I’m saying over all. All those three million prisoners and criminals are Christians. Or are they?

Some people were imprisoned wrongly, but there we are talking 1 in 87,000 or something you know. Those three million prisoners and criminals and some of them very mean nasty murders and armed robbers and the like, they are Christians! Something is wrong with the Christian message starting from Sunday school, that people aren’t getting and it’s showing. A lot of those Christians know just how fake and phony a lot of Christianity is. In some ways some of them (prisoners) feel superior, to not only the people on the outside, but to the Christians and the clergy on the outside. They feel superior even though they are criminals in jail.

I wanted to say a couple of words about humility again. This thing you find it all through the Scriptures, this thing of humility. Not only using the word humility, but some form of not feeling haughty, superior, prideful and all of these things.

In the Old Testament they traveled through the wilderness for forty years because they wouldn’t humble themselves. God didn’t give them the Spiritual ability to humble themselves, so they didn’t. But it only shows that if you don’t have God’s Spirit you can’t do anything spiritual. You just can’t, you just follow the dictates of your lust and all of those were filled in at creation. So those thing operate according to law.

God doesn’t have to force people to become criminals. For example He doesn’t make people, they say, ‘so everything’s of God?’ Yes it is, the whole creation is of God. He made mankind SPIRITUALLY WEAK, so that whenever he encounters temptation, he sins. God doesn’t make them sin, they volunteer.

God doesn’t make dirty old men rape little girls, no. He doesn’t make them, He doesn’t force them, they volunteer. They do it from the heart. But you say, ‘it is all of God?’ Yes, God created the human race and He put in that weakness and that lust… where do you think testosterone comes from, do you think it evolved from sea slime from evolutionary progress?

We saw yesterday that it (testosterone) was building up rather heavily in Adam, as he was wondering where he was going to find his… all the animals had a buddy, ‘how come I don’t have a buddy Lord.’ Oh He had one in mind. I’m sure Adam wondered what all that paraphilia was for down there anyway. He found out one day that it didn’t all belong to him, He was going to make a woman out of that and ‘you will like her.’ He liked her a lot.

EXALTATION  VS. HUMILIATION

Mat 23:12  And whosoever shall exalt himself shall be abased; and he that shall humble himself shall be exalted.

Where Jesus Christ said “take My Yoke,” we talked about that yesterday.

Mat 11:29  Take My yoke upon you…

But I want to emphasize the “yoke” part today… so why?

Mat 11:29  … for I am meek (Gk. humble) and lowly (Gk. humble) in heart:

Christ was “humble” and “humble” in heart, the Creator of the universe was humble. But He was made a man and when He was given back His splendor, He doesn’t necessarily have to be humble anymore, but He IS humble.

If we can’t be humble, what is our excuse that we are haughty and prideful and all of these things? If you are haughty and prideful you are going to fall. You can’t make it in the spiritual world with a haughty attitude, it just won’t fly and God won’t bless you. It just won’t fly you’ve got to be humble. How do you get humble? 

- You read the Scriptures.
- You look at yourself.
- You pray.
- You ask for wisdom.

Good will show you that you have nothing to be haughty about. Even if you have some great talent or beauty or strength or ability, it’s a gift of God and how can you take credit for that?

Isn’t it amazing how people are born with a silver spoon in their mouth and they drive around in their new Corvette like they are somebody. They didn’t earn that money. They think they are better than some guy who is working on the power lines or working down at the store or hanging onto a garbage truck or whatever low job, blue collar job they are doing. They look down their nose at them. But that guy is working hard for a living and you didn’t work at all for that car and you think you are better than him? Are you crazy?

Well yeah they are crazy. Anything that you have… what do you have except God gave it to you? What do you have accept you received it of God. He says if you received it of God why do you boast as though it is from you? You think about these things and it will humble you.

A lot of people say, ‘I wish I knew what you know about the Bible. Boy Ray, how do you learn all this?’ Well I know people who are so puffed up over what they think they know about the Bible, I mean reeking with vanity and pride. I will tell you the honest God truth, with God as my judge, that I am humbled by how much I don’t know about the Bible. That’s the God truth. We have nothing to be haughty about.

Jesus Christ was humble and meek, He could raise the dead any time that He wanted to. ‘So why do I have to go around this little lake here Lord?’ No you don’t we can walk right straight across the middle. ‘We are running out of food.’ What do you mean? ‘We only have two fish’… that’s enough for about five thousand I reckon. Now that was power…  and He was humble.

If you read the Scriptures and you look at yourself and you pray for wisdom, God will show you, He will not disappoint that pray. You will not pray to God to show you your humility your nothing, that he will say, ‘I’m not going to answer that prayer.’ He WILL answer that prayer. If you really want to know who and what you are, He will show you. Then when you have that humble attitude you will be teachable, He will be able to teach you. You will be ready and you will be willing.

HAUGHTINESS GOES BEFORE A FALL

What is paramount?

Pro 16:18  Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

James 4:10  Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He shall lift you up.

Here is a paramount verse and we have a profound verse.

Rom 12:1  I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.
V. 2  And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

That is a paramount Scripture right there. It’s a mouthful, it’s more than you can handle the first time you think about that, “a living sacrifice.”

People sometimes will call me on the phone and the first thing they will do is apologize or they will send an email and say, ‘I apologize I’m asking this question.’ I say you don’t need to apologize, I don’t get to them all, but you don’t need to apologize to me for writing. I don’t give my telephone number out to very many people, because I know even if they used it with restraint, I would probably be on that phone and I wouldn’t have time to do anything. But they apologize that they are taking my time… who me, that’s what I live for. That’s why I am here, that’s why I exist. That’s what my only goal in life is any more, is to do the will of God. Whatever that is, I going to do that. So don’t apologize if you ask me to help you in some spiritual way, that’s why I exist, that’s what I live for, that’s my life.

So Romans 12:1 is a major Scripture and here is another one. Watch out this is a real mouth full.

1John 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

That’s pretty simple, pretty straight forward. It doesn’t say you can’t live in the world or participant with a lot of things that go on in the world and so on… don’t fall in love with it!

- Don’t make it your guiding light!
- Don’t put it before God!
- Don’t put it before doing spiritual things!
- Don’t put it before being obedient!

If you know you are going to do this, that or the other thing in the world, you are going to lose your obedience. If you are talented, you can use your talent, you don’t need to hide your talent, but don’t flaunt it and be egotistical either. Give God thanks for it, but not in a false humility.
I can see that among athletes sometimes. It’s the popular thing to say, ‘I didn’t run that touch down, it was the Lord.’ I guess it’s fine if they acknowledge that God is in their life or whatever, but sometimes I’m thinking to myself, ‘yeah, well that sounds good.’

LOVE NOT THE WORLD

1John 2:15  Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

John 14:21  …he it is that loves Me: and he that loves Me shall be loved of My Father…

1John 2:16  For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh…

This is the feel good aspect of sin and worldliness, “the lust of the flesh,” could be food, alcohol, drugs, smoking, sex, laziness and you can go on and on. Things that make the body feel good, “the lust of the flesh.”

v. 16 …and the lust of the eyes…

Then we have “the lust of the eyes,” which sometimes goes hand in hand with the lust of the flesh. But the lust of the eyes would involve maybe looking at the wrong things. Like, did you know that 99.44% of all men that get Playboy magazine buy it for the editorial material that’s inside, did you know that? See the lust of the eyes will make you become susceptible to the lust of the flesh. You say, ‘oh she looks pretty nice, I wonder if she is married, but I really don’t care.’ Then you go over to talk to her and it’s, ‘hey she came on to me.’

So the lust of the eyes, wanting to watch television 24 hours a day or whatever, the eyes. You know people that are blind, I think sometimes don’t have quite as many lustful problems as those of us who have eyes.

But I think the biggest one of all is number three.

v. 16 …and the pride of life…

“The pride of life” I mean that’s where it’s all at, with men and with women. Men and women are different, they have a different psyche. But women don’t generally go out and fornicate with men as much as men go out and fornicate with women, for example. But you know the other devious things that go on in the mind of you females, they have their problems.

The pride of life…
… wanting to be looked up to.
… wanting to be worshipped and adored.
… wanting to be powerful.
… wanting to have control.

All of those things. We want that psychological power, prestige and adoration and you lust after it.

What drives most people to success is a combination of these three lusts, “the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.” We men want to be successful and have a woman worship them for what they have accomplished. Then they want their menfolk to say, ‘wow you’re a powerful man.’ They will pride themselves, not just for the materialism that they can get from the money and the success, but the adoration and the respect and worship from other people. That’s what is really important, that’s what really drives them. That’s of the world.

v. 16 … the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

1John 2:17  And the world passes away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever (eonian).

Because “he” is going to live and rule with Christ for the aons or ages ruling the earth.

Now there is Scripture that you need to think about. I remember the day that I read that and I thought wait a minute, where have I seen that before, I’ve seen that before. This is something that God just put in my mind, I haven’t read it, nobody told me this.

Gen 3:5  For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
v. 6  And when the woman saw (lust of the eyes) that the tree was good for food (lust of the flesh), and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise (the pride of life)…

Do you know what John just said? These are like the three sins of the world, lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and the pride of life. That was the sin of the garden. But here is what really got me when I saw that, she committed all of those three sins, which encompass nearly all the sins of the world before she ever ate the fruit. Boy I knew I was on to something then.

They could no more be obedient t to not eating the fruit then they could fly straight up. They were already carnal to the core, before they ate the forbidden fruit. The reason that they ate the forbidden fruit was because they already had the lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and the pride of life.

We read in Timothy that Paul said she was deceived, she was sincerely deceived.

1Tim 2:14  And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

So what deceived her? These carnal pulls of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, lust of the flesh and the pride of life. She saw all of those, she saw it, sensed it and coveted in her heart and mind, I mean she was already there. That’s why she took the fruit, her ‘sinful’ senses made her commit another ‘sin.’

Now was Adam free from those? No, he wasn’t free from those, but I will tell you something he “was not deceived.” No he wasn’t deceived, he knew what he was doing was wrong, he didn’t care. Why? Because he saw Eve, he had felt her in his arms, he was so proud to have such a beautiful thing hanging on his side. Now we can call it love, he did love her in the carnal way, not maybe in the truly spiritual way. But he did love her enough that he would eat the fruit and go with her, ‘wherever she goes I’m going to go with her, I’m not going to lose this one.’

But the truth is both of them already possessed all of the sinful nature that they had after they ate the fruit, they had it before they ate the fruit. They were not created perfect in the image of God, don’t let anybody ever tell you that. They were carnal.

Gen 2:25  And they were both naked…

What does that mean? They were ‘spiritually’ naked. You say, ‘no that means physical.’ It has a spiritual application, the words of Christ and the words of the book are Spirit! Yes they were physically naked and if that is all you see then you will never understand this book.

This says “they were naked” just like it says in Revelation 3 concerning the church at Laodicea.

Rev 3:17  Because you say, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and know not that you are wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and NAKED:

They weren’t going around without clothes. They were wretched and poor and spiritually naked. Adam and Eve were spiritually naked BEFORE they ate the fruit. That’s why they ate the fruit.

So what does this tell us? God created them that way. They didn’t have free moral agency, He created them that way and they could only follow the dictates of their heart, which was to lust. They didn’t say, ‘wait a minute, no no no, I got to give this some more thought. God our creator said don’t do that, I don’t think I want to do that.’ Nope, it was ‘let’s do it, let’s try it.’
« Last Edit: June 28, 2011, 06:11:28 PM by Kat »

Kat

EKLEKTOS - ONE OF THE FAVORITES

1John 2:15  …If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

You’ve got to give that up and then you do the will of the Father. For he that does the will of the Father, abides, if you love the world you won’t abide.

1John 2:17  And the world passes away, and the lust of it, but he who does the will of God abides forever.

So if you love the world the love of the Father is not in you, you’ve got to give that up and then you do the will of the Father. Because he that does the will of the Father abides, if you love the world you don’t abide. You need to think about these things which you want. What do you want?

You say, ‘well I don’t know if I can do it, Ray.’ Well no, we have already determined that YOU can’t. So you can only do it if God is working with you. But the reason you are sitting here, ought to tell you God is working with you. Paul told the Corinthians don’t you know that you have the spirit of God, unless you believe in vain it says in the King James. But the word fainedly, you know when you fain something you fake it.

1Cor 6:19  What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?

1Cor 15:2  By which also you are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

He said, don’t you know you have the Spirit of God? When you say that you love God and you want to learn His word, you come to this Bible study and you want to learn these things, you have the Spirit of God, unless you are faking it. Are you faking it? Are you just pretending you want to learn these things and it’s all just a bunch of fake and forgery? You say, ‘no I really do.’ Okay then you have the spirit of God, but you may not be spiritually converted yet. But you’ve got the spirit of God with you for sure, you’ve been called. But is God choosing you out though, are you going to be the eklektos, the out called ones, the eklektos. Only God knows, I don’t know.

We’ve had about a hundred people here at the last, twenty four months, of which ten are here now. It’s so easy to go out of here and say, ‘that’s kind of interesting, but he doesn’t know everything. Maybe I’ll just go back to my little church or maybe I won’t go to church at all. He makes some good point, I’ll try to live a good life, I’m not going to worry about it, whatever.’ You get a nonchalant attitude, then you’re probably back in the world or whatever. So you need to take this serious.

You’ve got to take this serious. You see when this all comes about and God is setting up His kingdom, and you aren’t there, you’ll say, ‘well I didn’t think all of this was really going to happen! It happened so fast. I mean we had the conference there in Mobile and it just seemed like a few months, I know it was 8 years, but I died and it was all over. It just seemed like a few months or a few years and then I died and now I am up here in the resurrection to judgment. I don’t want to be here.’

So I don’t know how many of you will be back or there will be another one here next year or whatever, God knows. But I do want to give you some confidence now concerning your calling and I’d like to think that everybody in here is not just called, but chosen, a favorite. A favorite, that’s what it means, eklektos one of the favorites. ‘Ah I want to be one of God’s favorites.’ Wow favorite, that’s pretty good. Why is that? He made you one of His favorites, He did it. He wanted some favorites, so He made some favorite and you are one, thank the Lord.

DON’T RENDER EVIL FOR EVIL

Now here is another big Scripture. I Thessalonians 5, here we have sin admonition.

(1) 1Th 5:15  See that none render evil for evil unto any man…

Do not answer back in kind, which is a real temptation. When people will write me a really nasty email sometimes, and it’s like, ‘on yeah, well try this.’ But I try to be tactful and say something that is not bitter or nasty, but which will nonetheless do a slam dunk on them and I learned that from Jesus Christ.

If you haven’t read ‘You Fools, You Hypocrites, You Snakes,’ you need to read that article of mine. ‘Why do your apostles not wash’… no why do you! Don’t ‘why do you’ to Me, the Lord said. No, why do you break the commandments through your traditions! You say, ‘well I don’t think He said it that way.’ That’s fine, I think He did, your word against mine. Maybe not quite that strong, but He had a comeback and I do the same thing with people. I’ve got an example.

People ask me a question and I say, ‘alright I’ll answer that, if you answer this,’ and they don’t answer, so I don’t answer. Sometimes I come back and ask again and I say, you didn’t answer my question. He said, ‘well I’m asking the questions,’ I said no I am asking a question and I will answer you if you answer me. That’s what Christ did.

They said, ‘Master where do You get all this authority You have?’ He said well I will answer that for you, but I want to ask you a question first, ‘by what authority did John the Baptist baptize people? Was it of God or was it just of men?’ Then they said, what’s this He is saying, what’s this all about? If we say it is just of men, well these people hate us and think John is really a great man, so we can’t say it is of men. But if we say it was of God then He will say, well why didn’t you repent and be baptized, if it was of God. So they said, ‘we can’t answer that Lord’ and He said neither will I answer you. (Matt. 21:23-27)

When I tell people how God (Christ) tells it, they don’t like it. I’ve got a thing where I just recap… ‘you fool, you liars, you whitened sepulchers, you generation of snakes’… the whole thing, not just those phrases… you blind leaders of the blind, etc. I just copy it and send it to them and say this is the way Christ talked and do you think He was sarcastic? ‘But He told the truth.’ Well do you think I’m lying? Where am I lying, you didn’t show me where I lied?

I know I can go a little over and it’s not fair, I have the advantage, I know the Scripture and they don’t. It really is an unfair advantage. They try and they try and they try to put me down and put me in my place and they can’t do it. It doesn’t make me great, God has given me some wisdom about these things that’s all. I don’t sit there and plan these things for an hour and a half, I just read it and I go (shows fingers typing). That’s the way I answer every email, there are a few that I’ve got to look at some Scriptures. But I just answer right off the top of my head. Because I know these things now, I know these spiritual things. It doesn’t make me great, God has let me begun to understand spiritual things and you can too, some of you are.

Bob and I have lunch together every Tuesday. We go to the Executive Lounge, we’re laying off the chicken and dumplings and now we are going with the chicken salad.  But we talk about Scriptures just about every day. We don’t talk about much of anything else, just God, Scriptures, the plan of God and all of that.

1Thes 5:15  See that none render evil for evil unto any man…

Don’t do it, don’t let anyone bring you down to their level. Like Denny always tells me, ‘always take the high road.’ That means biting your tongue and don’t let that carnal thing come out.

(2) v. 15 …but ever follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.

Always follow that which is good. Like that movie by Spike Lee ‘Do the Right Thing.’ First time I heard that, I said I like that. I’ve been saying that for years now, I picked that up from Spike Lee, do the right thing… always do the right thing. Live that way… ‘how do you live?’ I do the right thing. Then maybe you do what you think is the right thing and sometimes it’s wrong. So you learn, they are not going to crucify you for that… but do the right thing. But always think first, ‘what should I do?’ Do the right thing. Well sometimes you think, ‘what is the right thing?’ Alright well we can discuss it and we will come to some things that we hope is the right thing. But at least have that as the motivation in your heart. Always do the right thing, you will feel good about yourself, hopefully you won’t feel self-righteous you will just feel good that you are doing the right thing and that’s what God ask you to do. Always do what’s good.

So “follow that which is good, both among yourselves, and to all men.”

(3) 1Thes 5:16  Rejoice evermore.

That’s a hard one. The best example we have of that is Paul; I mean shipwrecked, stoned, beaten with a rod, beaten with whips, in danger of robbers, shipwrecked and in the swamp and all of this stuff and hungry and thirst and fasting and all this (2 Cor. 11). Then he says, but I’ve learned in all things to be content. Not all this gaudy happy, but content, there is a difference. Just be content with what you have or the situation and that situation hopefully will get better. In the meantime be content, “rejoice evermore.”

Now here is a biggy.

(4) 1Th 5:17  Pray without ceasing.

In Matthew 6 Christ says don’t be like the Pharisees who want to be heard and stand in the Synagogue. They pray in the Synagogue, go into the house of prayer. There was the Temple, but the Synagogue was supposed to be a house of prayer too. But they loved to pray in the Synagogue and long prayers or some liked to pray on the street corners or whatever.

About four or five years ago somebody emailed me and they sent me something and I answered back and they got on me about this thing about corporate prayer. ‘Don’t you believe in corporate pray, Ray?’ I don’t find that phrase in the Bible, corporate pray. You can pray in front of the congressional pray breakfast or ‘corporate’ pray. But I said I don’t believe much in corporate prayer.

I pray in public when I feel like praying, I don’t pray as a ritual. Sometimes I pray short prayers and sometimes they’re a little longer depending on how I feel or the situation. But I don’t ever want to feel that it’s politically correct for me to pray now, so let’s pray. We can fall into that.

Pray all day, you know. If you pray all day and you are thankful all day and now you are going to have yourself a sandwich, then you don’t have to sit down and ‘Lord I thank You for this sandwich, oh how I love this sandwich Lord and I just want You to bless it to the nourishment of my body. Make this sandwich be disease free for the rest of my life.’

It’s not wrong to say ‘grace’ or whatever. But I don’t bow my head and say these vocal prayers out loud when I eat a sandwich. I’m always thankful for what I have. I’m always praying, all day every day. There isn’t a day goes by that I don’t pray 50-60 times or 70-80 times, I just pray. My thoughts are prayers, my meditation is prayers, I just think like God is there, that’s the way that I think.

I’ve told you that God is Spirit, He’s everywhere. He’s not sitting up there on a throne where you have to raise your voice so He hears you. So if you are praying silently… like I put in that paper that I wrote on prayer, ‘Praying by God’s Rules,’ I pray myself to sleep virtually every night of my life. That’s how I go to sleep, I don’t count sheep, I pray myself to sleep.

Last night I’m praying about today, praying about what I should talk about. You know, ‘help me give these people something worthy to take back home with them, so they will be really glad that they came and feel that they profited spiritually.’ I just pray about that and I pray about it and prayer goes into meditation and meditation goes back into prayer and pretty soon I’m asleep. Then I wake up and I don’t remember when I fell asleep, but all I know is I prayed myself to sleep.

I don’t think I’m a religious nut or something, but all day long I am always consciously aware of who I am and what I am and that I’m a child of God. I’m trying to live right and think right and do right, I think about that all day long. To me that’s good, I mean that it’s just possible to be. It’s always checks and balances… am I doing things right? Am I worrying to much? Am I showing my wife enough love? All these things, do I need to adjust my attitude on the way I’m writing on Bible Truths? I think and I meditate and I pray about this stuff all day long. Now then I get sidetracked where I will get in conversations or maybe I’ll watch television. I always watch the news, at least 20-30 mins. every morning while I drink a cup of coffee or second or third. Sometimes I don’t have a third or a second, but then I’m back at my computer and reading my emails and stuff like that. But I get sidetracked while I’m doing some other things, but mostly all day long I pray. “Pray without ceasing” (1Th 5:17).

Christ says don’t be like the hypocrites. Now when Jesus Christ wanted to pray… you don’t see many public prayers of Christ. I’m not saying that’s wrong, I’m just saying, you don’t see many from Christ, do you?

One time when He raised Lazarus from the dead, I guess it was Martha that said… He had said roll the stone away from the tomb, but she said, Lord by now he stinks, it’s been four days. He didn’t give a prayer, He payed no mind to these things. He doesn’t stink he going to walk out of there alive, he’s not going to walk out of there with rotten flesh, he was going to have good healthy flesh. He said out loud;

John 11:41  …And Jesus lifted up His eyes and said, Father, I thank You that You have heard Me. V. 42  And I know that You hear Me always…

He already knew that Lazarus was waking up, He just said roll the stone away so he can come out. He said, I thank You that You always hear Me, but He said for the sake of those that are standing around I said it out loud. Why did He say that? Because He normally didn’t do that. So you can, but it doesn’t have to be ‘politically correct’ or this is the time and the place and I think we should.
I mean I think there are times when you just about have to, at every situation that comes up like that. If you are burying a loved one in the ground and all of the relatives are standing around and you are a minister and you want to comfort them, I think you should offer a pray in behalf of those people and what they are going through. You comfort them, and ask God to comfort them. Now this is a public prayer that’s needful, that’s a good time to pray.

When you marry a couple, that’s a good time to say a prayer publicly for this couple and their life together and so on.

But most of the time you notice that Christ went up in the mountains to pray. He said go in your closet to pray. Most of the time it is a private thing between you and God. No one has ever said to me, ‘Ray what are you doing?’ Oh I’m praying… I don’t do that. It’s a private thing, they don’t know what I’m saying.

“Pray without ceasing.”   

(5) 1Thes 5:18  In every thing give thanks:

You have got to thank God for the good and the bad, because that’s everything.

Turn over to Philippians 4, there are a couple of great verses here, I love these verses. You remember one of the bothers said “rejoice evermore”? Well we are going to hit two or three birds with one stone here.

Php 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord always: and again I say, Rejoice.

Okay there is a double whammy on that one.

Php 4:5  Let your moderation be known unto all men. The Lord is at hand.
v. 6  Be careful for nothing…

Now this is a horrible translation here, it says “be careful for nothing.” That just lost every bit of meaning there. Now in my margin it says “be anxious for nothing,” okay that’s better, that’s good enough. But the Concordant version really nailed it.

Php 4:6 Do not worry about anything… (CLV)

Don’t worry about anything! I’ve not quite mastered that yet. But that’s what it says, don’t worry about ANYTHING.

Php 4:6  …but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving (always with thanksgiving) let your requests be made known unto God.
v.7  And the peace of God, which passes all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

That is a military term there in the Greek, “keep your hearts,” it means He will garrison you, like a fortress. He will garrison you like a fortified fortress. You will be impenetrable, He shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

So this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you; to rejoice… give thanks for everything… don’t render evil for evil… always follow what’s good... This is the will of God. What do you do to live the will of God? It’s saying what the will of God is right here, these ten items.

Kat

(6) 1Thes 5:19  Quench not the Spirit.

Eph 4:22  That you put off concerning the former conversation (conduct) the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts; v. 23  And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;

This is all the same things that I have been telling you over and over. When you read the whole New Testament and you will see it a hundred times.

Eph 4:24  And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.

Why? Because this is the way God is and God wants you to be like Him, because He is creating Himself through you, to be in His very own spiritual image, children. Children are a chip off the old block, right?

Eph 4:25  Therefore putting away lying, let each man speak truth with his neighbor, for we are members of one another.
v. 26  Be angry, and do not sin. Do not let the sun go down upon your wrath,
v. 27  neither give place to the Devil.
v. 28  Let him who stole steal no more, but rather let him labor, working with his hands the thing which is good, so that he may have something to give to him who needs.
v. 29  Let not any filthy (corrupt) word (communication) go out of your mouth, but if any is good to building up in respect of need, that it may give grace to the ones hearing.
v. 30  And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you are sealed until the day of redemption.
v. 31  Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and tumult and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice.
v. 32  And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake has forgiven you.

My oh my, what a mouthful of stuff to do and it’s “the will of God” to do all this stuff. Well you can’t do it unless you are spiritually converted. What the spiritual conversion does is it makes you want to do this, that’s what it is. When the spirit of God is in you motivating you to be a new man… a new person… a new creature… a regenerated person… a begotten new person…  When the Spirit of God is in you, you want to do these things, because you want to please God.

Two things; you know it’s right, (Spike Lee) do the right thing. ‘Why?’ It will make you happy and you will please God. You will be rewarded. There is a lot of good reasons.

(7) 1Thes 5:20  Do not despise prophesying.

Don’t despise those that teach you, your inspired speakers. Don’t be offended at anything that they say. If they have the Spirit of God they are doing this for your habitation, your welfare, your future.

(08) 1Thes 5:21  Prove all things…

(9) 1Thes 5:21 …hold fast to that which is good.

I tell people all the time, when you learn a spiritual truth and you know it is true, you see it’s true, you see it in the Scriptures, you know it works, you know that it is the will of God… don’t ever let it go! Hold on! I mean I could name you people that some of you know, who have known truth and then they threw them away. They literally threw them away, like they were dirt.

When you learn a spiritual truth, if it’s true, it’s Scriptural and it’s godly, you hang on to it and make that a part of your permanent life.

(10) 1Th 5:22  Abstain from every (all) appearance of evil.

That really is a spiritual concept, because you can live in such a way that you are not doing evil, you are not in your heart sinning or breaking any of the spiritual laws of God. But you could well be ‘appearing’ to do so to others. So you can’t even give the appearance that you are doing wrong. Learn how to do things that you are legally allowed to do without giving the appearance that maybe you are not doing the right thing. You will learn how to do it.

It’s like I remember on an occasion or two my wife ask me to hold her purse. I learned how to hold a ladies purse so that no human being would ever think that it belonged to me. So when my wife says, ‘hold my purse,’ I don’t hold it like this (tucked up under the arm), I hold it like this (held out at arms length), like what am I doing with that. It’s just a little thing, but you will learn how to do things. You can do the same thing, but you will give a different impression to people who see you.

GOD WILL SAFEGUARD YOU     

Now here is a big point that I want you to have. I’ve given you a lot of admonitions of things to do, things to think and things not to think and do and so on and so forth. But if you have the Spirit of Christ where God is calling you to be one of His elect, then I want you to understand that God will safeguard your spiritual success. He will safeguard you and see you through and I want you to see some of these Scriptures.

Paul said in 1 Corinthians 9 that I subject my body and hold it down and bring it under control and all of these things and I keep telling you how to live and how to act and I myself could be a castaway.

1Cor 9:27  But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

Now there’s a couple of things we should learn there. Number one is would he ever say such a thing if any of it is not within the realm of possibility for him to be a castaway? Now I want to tell you something, listen carefully to what I’m going I say.

If God has called you, you know He has called us from the foundation of the world (Matt, 25:34), predestined us (Eph. 1:5) to be called and to be justifies and those that He justifies He glorifies and all of that. If God has called you from before the foundation of the world to be one of His Elect, then you will be one of His Elect! You will not and cannot fall away! It’s impossible, I Scripturally believe that firmly, you cannot fall away.

2Peter 1:10  …for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

1Thes 5:23  And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.
v. 24  Faithful is He that calls you, WHO ALSO WILL DO IT.

But there is a little bit of a problem here. The Scripture says that Christ knows those that are His.

2Tim 2:19  Nevertheless the foundation of God stands sure, having this seal, The Lord knows them that are His…

Why does it say that, that Christ knows those that are His? BECAUSE WE DON'T! We don’t… He knows. We don’t. We don’t know 100%, maybe up there around 99.44%, but we don’t know 100% that we cannot fall away and be a castaway. We won’t be if we truly have been elected of God to be in the first resurrection, but He doesn’t tell us for sure that we are His Elect, it may only APPEAR.

There are these people that were just as sincere as I knew people to be on the outside and I know what happened to some of them. They were not what they appeared, they were not. It’s not that they changed from being an Elect, to not being an Elect. They were never Elect, it just appeared that way from out front.

But if you are an Elect, you will be! So the only question is. . .  Am I?

Well God leaves a little question there. Why? To keep you humble! So you won’t say, well if we knew for sure and just say, ‘forget everything, I’m in like Flynn. I can do no wrong. Maybe I will do some sins and stuff, but it won’t matter, I already know in the end I will be in there.’

So Paul said that and he didn’t lie when he said it, I’ve got to be sure I do the right thing or I could be a castaway myself and what would that be if I’m teaching you all and I be a castaway. I’ve got to be sure I do what is right. So he did say that and it wasn’t a lie.

On the other hand he also said this and this also is not a lie.

2Tim 4:8  Henceforth there IS laid up for me a crown of righteousness,

Not hopefully, not maybe, not perchance… IS!

So, yes, did he acknowledged that he was going to tow the line, he said you run the race. But you know that those that are running the race or whatever athletic game Paul may have been talking about. He talked about wrestling, he talked about boxing and he talked about running a race, but you have to obey the rules. You can come in first, but if you take a shortcut across the infield, it doesn’t count… you’ve got to abide by the rules and he knew that. He said, I’m willing to play by the rules, unless I be a castaway. So he said, I’m going to play by the rules. But then he said, “Henceforth there IS laid up for me a crown,” he had no doubt about that either.

He didn’t say I hope there is, he knew what he suffered, he knew what he believed, he knew how much he loved his Lord and Savior, he knew how he treated other human beings, he knew how he could be spit on and kicked and beaten and stoned and still not have any hatred or resentments towards them, he knew that. So he knew if he could do that, through the power Christ, he’d be there, he knew that too. So we need to take heart. Those are powerful words, that’s something that we can hang on to, “I know.”

I mean that’s the way I feel. I know there’s a place for me reserved in God’s kingdom. Because if there’s not, how deceived can somebody be? How could God deceive me this way, if there is not, if I’m not going to be there?

Now if I knew that I had a bunch of secret sins that I don’t give up and I pretend that I live a better life than I do and so on, that another story. But I don’t have a bunch of secret sins. I’m not perfect, I get angry sometimes when I shouldn’t, I raise my voice, but I don’t hate people. I resent some of the things that they do, but I don’t hate them. Because if you can’t see that you would do the same thing under the same circumstances… don’t you want God to have mercy on you? Yeah, well then you have mercy on them. It’s just that simple.

But when things happen to us and it becomes ‘personal’… well don’t take it personal. The reason that they hate you is because you are in their way, if you lived in China they wouldn’t hate you. It’s time and chance, you just happen to be where they want to be or you happen to be where they don’t want you to be. So don’t take it personal.

So Paul was not worried, like he said don’t worry about anything.

Php 4:6 Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God, (CLV)

Php 4:4  Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice.

He said rejoice and again I say rejoice and give thanks in everything, he did that! That’s why he knew he was saved, because he did that.

I’m going to read you what I consider, maybe the single greatest chapter in the Bible. To me there is more in this chapter then just about any other chapter in the Bible.

Rom 8:1  There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Okay. Now some people think in chapter 7 verse 5 when he talks about when I did not know coventing, except the law says thou shalt not lust, and all these things. Then there is this other law warring in my members and when I sinned it was no longer I, but sin. People say, ‘well that’s the way (Paul) lived,’ that he had all these moral sins all his life and never could overcome them. But they need to realize that it says in chapter 7 verse 6 “For when we were in the flesh,” he did all these things.

Rom 8:9  But ye are NOT in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you…

Don’t ever let anybody confuse you about that, Paul was talking about when we/he “were in the flesh” we served sins. But you are “NOT in the flesh” anymore, if the spirit of God dwells in you. When the Spirit of God dwells in you there is “no condemnation” towards you. None! There is no condemnation towards you if you are in Christ Jesus, you have the Spirit of Christ.

So the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus, that means we’re free from the law of sin and death. So you don’t do these things he was talking about in chapter 7.

Rom 8:3  For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
v. 4  That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

It talks about the carnal mind is enmity towards God.

Rom 8:7  Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

Rom 8:9  But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of His.

Now that goes without saying. But if you have the Spirit of Christ, then there is no condemnation in you. You’re no longer in the flesh, you no longer serve the flesh.

Rom 8:16  The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:
v. 17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified together.
v. 18  For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

Rom 8:28  And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.
v. 29  For whom He did foreknow, He also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren.
v. 30  Moreover whom He did predestinate, them He also called: and whom He called, them He also justified: and whom He justified, them He also glorified.

It’s a done deal! If He predestinated you to be an Elect it’s a done deal. You can’t fall away. All you have to know is… am I?

v. 31  What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us?
v. 32  He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?
v. 33  Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.
v. 34  Who is he that condemneth?…

Who shall lay anything to the charge of God’s Elect? Who? Nobody dare do that.

v. 36  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.
v. 37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us.
v. 38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Rom 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Wow, what a profound bunch of Scriptures that is! That’s an absolute promise. It just can’t happen, there’s nothing that will separate you from the love of God. If He chose you to be an Elect you will be there.
That’s one of my favorite and most profound chapters in the Bible, I skipped over a lot. But I will give you one of the most profound Scripture.

Jude 1:24-25  Now unto Him (Jesus Christ) that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of His glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

Think about those things. I mean our God is a lot, He doesn’t change. If He selects you, you are going to be there, you are going to make it. Just don’t become haughty and think you can relax and start sinning and all of that. You just keep your mind where you know it should be, do the right thing, pray and meditate and thank God for everything and ask for wisdom and ask for all the things that you need. Just live that way. The fact that you are here tells me that God is calling you. Don’t worry about anything.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2012, 11:46:55 AM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 19 queries.