bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Stopping Sin  (Read 5627 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Stopping Sin
« on: April 07, 2007, 10:08:57 AM »

Is there anyone capable of stopping to personally sin in their lifetime on earth?  Can you? I make the effort but at times fall short, most things about the Bible are confusing to me, especially if I try to ponder on them.  Does this mean that God is purposefully making me blind to awareness?  I am seeking the Lord,  I have diligently been seeking understanding since I wrote you a couple months ago.  I have read the majority of what you have written and it makes sense, but I am continually struggling and the more I learn, the more I realize I have to learn more!  More than what you write!  More!

Dear Chad:

With all due respect, it is not because of a lack of knowledge that your are not having victory over your sins. There comes a time to DO what you already know. However, I will come to your defense by stating that you will not become victorious over most of your sins unless and untill God determines that it is now time. I can only speak with authority when it comes to my own life. I had veasures of success in overcoming some things virtually the moment I learned the truth concerning them. For example, I quite using the Name of Jesus and God in profanity the week I came to realize how bad it was, and that was forty-five years ago, and I have never slipped up on it even once since then.   

But the "lust of the flesh and the lust of the eys and the pride of life," are the biggies that God will allow to drag on in one's life until they really get sick of these sins. Some people never get sick of these sins--they LIKE them.  But the "Goodness of God" (Rom. 2:4) can make you repent and abhore these things.  We never conquer every sin as long as we are in the flesh, but we can come to the place that "sin no longer REIGNS over us."  I have no desire to sin. I do not think about sinning. There is nothing in the realm of sin that has any value to me.  I'll let Jesus be my Judge as to how far I have come in overcoming sin.  You have to cry out to God to rescue from sin. You cannot and you will not do it on your own power.

God be with you,

Ray 

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.