bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: All?  (Read 2577 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Craig

  • Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • Offline Offline
  • Posts: 4282
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
All?
« on: April 12, 2006, 10:41:21 AM »

Dear Ray:
>
> You state the following:
>
> Eternal torture is the most damnable lie even
> concocted by Satan, Melissa. I will give you the
> gospel in four verses:
>
> 1. "God WILLS that ALL mankind be SAVED" (I Tim. 2:4).
> But will His will be done?
> 2. "Thy WILL B-E DONE..." (Mat. 6:10).
> 3. "GOD I-S LOVE" (I John 4:8). But won't love fail
> when it comes to saving everyone.
> 4. "LOVE N-E-V-E-R FAILS" (I Cor. 13:10).
>
> Even a child can understand these simple truths of God
> and of His plan and of His Love for all humanity. How
> could we have EVER DOUBTED IT?
>
> I agree with you that souls will not roast in hell for
> all of eternity because Christ can, and will, destroy
> both the body and soul of unbelievers in hell or
> hades. (Matt. 10:28)
>
> However, I disagree with you with regards to the
> salvation of all of humanity.
>
> It is true that the bible states that God "will have
> all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of
> the truth." (1 Tim. 2:4) But, does "all men" mean
> every single human being who has ever lived or lives
> (past, present and future)?
>
> If this is the case, then you must explain certain
> other passages to me.
>
> Revelation 17:8 speaks of those "whose names were not
> written in the book of life from the foundation of the
> world." If all men are going to be saved, then God is
> not a very good bookkeeper. However, God is
> all-knowing, and he decreed that only a specific
> number would be written in the book of life.
>
> Proverbs 16:4 states that it is the Lord that "hath
> made all [things] for himself: yea, even the wicked
> for the day of evil." I know that this is difficult
> to swallow, but God did not elect all men to
> salvation. Only the elect will come to him. In John
> 6:44 Jesus states that "No man can come to me, except
> the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will
> raise him up at the last day." He will draw all men
> to himself (John 12:32), however this refers to his
> elect whom he predestinated from before the foundation
> of the world. (Eph. 1:4-5,11) Those who were not
> chosen from eternity are the wicked reprobates who are
> sending themselves into hell and their soul will be
> completely and utterly destroyed there.
>
> 1 Peter 2:8 states the following: "And a stone of
> stumbling, and a rock of offence, [even to them] which
> stumble at the word, being disobedient: whereunto also
> they were appointed."
>
> Apparently, some people were "appointed" or placed for
> damnation. This simply means that God did not choose
> them. God left them to their own wickedness, and they
> will send themselves to damnation because they love
> their sin.
>
> If God intended to save all of humanity, he would not
> have allowed Peter do make such a statement in His
> Holy Word.
>
> God Bless you and your wonderful ministry. Your reply
> to this humble letter will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> J.C.R.


Dear JCR

What we must understand is that destruction, perishing, and being lost are not the final destiny of anyone, but are rather the proper position to be in, in order to be SAVED.  Jesus came to SAVE those that are lost. The word translated lost is also translated perish and destroy.

EVERYONE is destined to be lost, destroyed or perished in this lifetime except for the chosen elect who will be resurrected at Christ's presence and reign with Him.  The broad way always leads to destruction. None those destined for destruction are written in the Lamb's Book of Life.

That is the very reason why they must go through the lake of fire.

You need to read ALL of the material in my "lake of fire" series to understnd this subject.

God be with you,

Ray
>
Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
 

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 25 queries.