bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How God Works?  (Read 5314 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
How God Works?
« on: July 25, 2007, 04:25:15 PM »

I know this is an age old question but why do bad things happen to good people and

good things happen to bad people? I see a lot of good people that help other people

in need and are generally good people with bad luck. I also see people I know that are smoking,

drinking, cheating in relationships, having sex all over, and are full of pride but yet the endeavors

they wish to pursue are successful. That makes me angry and frustrated that God gives them success

when they are sinning all the time. I know Ray that you have an answer to most questions and know the

bible really well so could you please explain to me why God has chosen for bad people to be rewarded for

bad behavior and the good punished for good behavior because it makes no sense to me.

Dear Reader:  While it is true that God  "makes the sun rise on the evil and the good," and "rains on the just and unjust," it is not true as you state that "the good are punished for good behavior."  God does not "reward" evil, nor does He "punish good." However, you are not the first to observe that sometimes good people suffer bad things and bad people prosper:  "...Wherefore does the way of the wicked prosper? wherefore are all they happy that deal very treacherously?"  (Jer. 12:1).  David said much the same thing:  "Behold, these are the ungodly, who prosper in the world; they increase in riches" (Psalm 73:12). But all this is just temporary as we learn in Malachi "Ye have said, 'It is vain to serve God: and what profit is it that we have kept His ordinance, and that we have walked mournfully before the Lord of hosts?  And now we call the proud happy; yes, they that work wickedness are set up; yes, they that tempt God are even delivered [freed]"  (Malachi 3:14-15).  But God says He will make a "book of remembrance"of His faithful followers (Verse 16 & 17) and "THEN shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serves God and him that serves Him not...and ALL THAT DO WICKEDLY SHALL BE STUBBLE..." (Verse 18 and 4:1). You can read all of it in chapter 4. God has a reason for all this. "His ways are not our ways."  God has not explained all the details of what He does and why He does it.

God be with you,

Ray

« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 06:49:28 PM by Kat »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 22 queries.