bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hunger for All the Truth  (Read 7406 times)

ciy

Hunger for All the Truth
« on: August 17, 2007, 05:44:10 PM »

(I had posted this on another thread, but thought it really did not apply to that thread.)

“We are halfhearted creatures, fooling about with drink and sex and ambition when infinite joy is offered us.  We are far too easily pleased.” C. S. Lewis

A very poignant quote from one of the foremost christian writers that really came close at times to coming out of Bablyon, but I do not think he ever made it.  This tells why people stay comfortable in church from kind of a different direction.  They do not seek any further because they are deceived into thinking that they have found it all when they are just languishing in milk dying from malnutrition and letting their teeth rot out like we would in the physical if we never got off of our mother's breast milk.

You must hunger and thirst for the sacred secrets of God like a deer pants after water on a hot, dry day.
If you stop short and cannot believe as Jesus said, "I am he" you will die in your sins (not as an elect of God).

John 8 
24 I said therefore unto you, that ye shall die in your sins: for if ye believe not that I am he, ye shall die in your sins.

Must seek Him with ALL of our heart in order to really believe that "I am he."
Christ in You
CIY

gmik

Re: Hunger for All the Truth
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 02:11:25 AM »

Thank you CIY.  Worth pondering!

skydreamers

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 03:42:16 AM »

Beautiful!

Thank you,
Peace,
Diana

Chris R

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 08:43:17 AM »

Many are Called, Few are Chosen,

Yes for sure, Most of the world, from the begining have died in their sins.
Most have never come to the knowledge of truth. Billions of people have lived and died never comming to the knowledge of truth.

Here is the ..The Good news, ALL WILL come to the knowledge of truth. Each and every man, in his own time.

Peace

Chris R

chuckt

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 09:49:00 AM »

amos 8:11

Harryfeat

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 10:26:31 AM »

Amo 8:11  "Behold, the days are coming," declares the Lord GOD, "when I will send a famine on the land-- not a famine of bread, nor a thirst for water, but of hearing the words of the LORD.
Amo 8:12  They shall wander from sea to sea, and from north to east; they shall run to and fro, to seek the word of the LORD, but they shall not find it.
Amo 8:13  "In that day the lovely virgins and the young men shall faint for thirst.

A sad commentary indeed for those seeking the truth in the wrong places.

be blessed
feat

sonofone

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 10:49:41 AM »

Chris I am glad you used that scripture many are called but few are chosen. I am really interested in getting an in context meaning of that particular verse. Is there anything out there by Ray on this particular verse?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 12:04:36 PM »

Hi sonophone,

Ray speaks/writes of this extensively throughout the articles, here is a bit from LOF Part 8;

http://bible-truths.com/lake8.html

DEFINING "CHURCH"

Just what is a "church?" Strong’s Greek Dictionary, #1570. ekklesia, a calling out. (1b) Ekklesia, from ek, "out of," and klesis, "a calling…" So the church is those whom God has CALLED OUT to be His "called out ones," hence, Jesus said, "So the last shall be first, and the first shall be last [sorry, don’t have time to explain this unique statement of our Lord]: for many be called, but few chosen." I will take the time to explain this second statement, however.

Notice that the "called" and the "chosen" cannot be the same group, as one is "many" and the other is "few." God has given us a general statement as to whom He has called and whom He has not called. We already know the number of those called is "many." Now we will see the two general classifications of those called:

THE "CALLED" AND THE "NOT CALLED"

"For ye see your calling, brethren, how that not many [some, but not many] wise men after the flesh, not many mighty, not many noble, are called.

But God has chosen the foolish things [many translations do not insert the word "things" in these verses] of the world to confound the wise; and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; And the base things of the world, and things which are despised, has God chosen, yes, and things which are not, to bring to nought things that are: that no flesh should glory in His presence" (I Cor. 1:26-29).

So we see that God calls MOSTLY those who are: weak, base, despised, nothings! Are we to believe that God is going to build a SPIRITUAL ARMY of Sons and Daughters by which He will conquer and SAVE THE WORLD?

Hard to believe, isn’t it? I think we can all agree that there is a great deal of work to be done with and to these "nothings of the world" whom God is calling to such a formidable, once-in-an-eternity task!

But of the "many called," we are told, "few are chosen" (Matt. 20:16). Why is that? God has intended it to be such. We are given the parable of the "sower of seed" where much of the seed fell by the side of the tilled soil, and the birds ate it; some had no depth and withered in the sun; still more fell among thorns and were chocked, but some fell upon good soil and produced much fruit. Many seed are sown, but few seed produce good fruit. "Seed" we see everywhere in the Church; "fruit" of God’s spirit is more rare. These few have the added designation of:

"These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for He is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with Him are called, and chosen, and faithful" (Rev. 17:14).

These are the "very elect" who cannot be deceived any longer by the Great Whore, "Mystery Babylon the Great, Mother of Harlots, and the Abominations of the earth."

One more important verse regarding our calling, that I will cite out of the Concordant Literal New Testament because I believe they translate the Greek aorist tense properly, whereas the King James uses the past tense:

"Now we are aware that GOD [it is unfortunate that the King James leaves out "God" even though it is in the manuscripts. Most translations do put "God" in this opening phrase. Things don’t just ‘work’ together without GOD doing the ‘working’] is working all together for the good of those who are loving God, who are [being] called according to the purpose that, whom He foreknew, He designates beforehand, also, to be conformed to the image of His Son, for Him to be Firstborn among many brethren. Now whom He designates beforehand, these He calls [not ‘called’ as all are NOT YET called, it is the aorist tense] also, and whom He calls, these He justifies, also; now whom He justifies, these He glorifies also" (Rom. 8:28:30).

Now, pay attention: All which God foreknew, He then designates beforehand (He hand-picks them, if you will). And therefore, since He has already designated them beforehand, when they are born in whatever generation God designates; He then calls them. Now it is true that God calls MANY OTHERS whom He has NOT designated to be "conformed to the image of His Son" AT THE TIME that each generation appears in history.

There are many more "called" in each generation than are actually, "chosen" to be conformed to the image of His Son at that time.

All that are not chosen will be in the second resurrection/white throne judgment/lake of fire. These will go the "broad way into destruction" from which they will await judgment at the great white throne. But, those which God foreknows and designates beforehand, He definitely does call, but these designated ones GO ON to be JUSTIFIED AND GLORIFIED. They are not just the "called," but the "called AND CHOSEN" which will go on to glorification in service with Christ, as the manifested Sons and Daughters of God, in the Kingdom of God, to bring the rest of heaven and earth to SALVATION!

When Jesus says that,

"Many will say unto me in that day, Lord, Lord… Then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity" (Matt. 722-23),

He is not speaking of a minority but a majority. The "many" NEVER means the minority!

We will see it conclusively proved from God’s Word that the majority in the Church today are going the "broad way," and not the "straight and narrow way." And I am not just preaching to the choir when I say that only a "FEW" will be in the first resurrection and rule and reign with Christ, I am speaking to all the church and to myself as well. I know these aren’t the "soft" words that tickle people’s ears, but what I am telling you is a "hard saying" of the Scripture that is absolutely true. Jesus Christ Himself said that "THE MANY" must "DEPART from Me." Jesus doesn’t "know" the many, in a spiritual relationship, because they are too carnal to be spiritual.

ARE YOU "CALLED AND CHOSEN" OR JUST "CALLED?"

Let me first state that there is an order in the process of being called to Sonship. First you are called, and then you are chosen from among the called. And we have already learned that the "chosen" are also the "few." Quite frankly, not unlike a casting call. Many are called to come to the casting rehearsal, but only a relative few will be chosen for the actual performance. Which are you? I will not be your personal judge, however, as we progress in this series, you will be confronted with dozens of Scriptures by which you can JUDGE YOURSELF by the aid of God’s Spirit.

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

sonofone

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 12:45:16 PM »

Thanks for that great explanation to my question! I will say this and try not to cry, I always felt like I was on the wrong side of this verse;because it seemed that God called me but perhaps not chose me because I could never seem to fit in with the church world! What a Revelation!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!!

hillsbororiver

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 01:03:29 PM »

I always felt like I was on the wrong side of this verse;because it seemed that God called me but perhaps not chose me because I could never seem to fit in with the church world! What a Revelation!!!!!!!!! Hallelujah!!!!!!

Hello again sonophone,

You are in good company as most of us here felt like the proverbial round peg attempting to fit into a square hole at some point in our "church experience."

I know that this mirrors my own journey, I never felt comfortable as a Catholic, Seventh Day Adventist, or in any of the other churches I visited or attended and promptly bolted from, something did not feel right. I thought it was my own deficient, sinful, selfish nature that was the root cause of this but I always could sense there was more, something huge I was missing while there, I have later discovered what it was that was/is missing. His wonderful Truth!

His Peace to you,

Joe

dawnnnny

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 01:12:47 PM »

Son Of One,

The truth does really set us free huh?     :D

ciy

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 01:47:37 PM »

Psalm 82 is amazing verses. 

God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.(The elect) 
2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.(How long will you allow flesh to have dominance?)
3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. 
4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.(Rid them of the beast)
5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.(The world system has blinded them all)  
6 ¶ I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.(As God sent Christ, Christ now sends you)
7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.(Most will not believe that it is Christ in them and say "I am He" so they will die in their sins)
8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.("Surely I come quickly.  Amen.  Even so, come, Lord Jesus)

God's plan is every where in the bible if we will only believe. By the way of the 131 times the word believe is in the KJV it is in the NT 114 times.  So believe.
CIY

Chris R

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2007, 07:56:55 PM »

Chris I am glad you used that scripture many are called but few are chosen. I am really interested in getting an in context meaning of that particular verse. Is there anything out there by Ray on this particular verse?

Hi Sonafone,

In context meanings , are Christendoms way of confusing simple profund scriptures.

For example in 1John 4:8  "God is love". But, is "God only Love" in 1John 4:8?
Does this then mean God is not love in another scripture? Of course not.

Or in Timothy 4:9-11 This [is] a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation. For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe. These things command and teach.

Do we then consider God is the Saviour of all men only in Tim 4:10? according to the god of context YES only in the context of Tim 4:10.......see the sense this makes?..I don't.

The truth is, The entire Bible is IN CONTEXT, if we understand the scriptures.

The scriptures teach in Matt 22:14 For many are called, but few [are] chosen If then this is translated correctly, you will not find scripture to contradict that simple statement.

Keep reading, Ray explains it much better than I do.

Peace

Chris R

ciy

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 05:08:24 PM »

These are great verses encouraging us to seek God.  To give everything we have for that treasure of the Kingdom of God.  That is everything.  That is not just money it is your material wealth, your heart, your name, your reputation, your position, etc.  Anything short of everything is not anything to God.

Ecclesiastes 1:13 And I gave my heart to seek and search out by wisdom concerning all things that are done under heaven: this sore travail hath God given to the sons of man to be exercised therewith. 
14 I have seen all the works that are done under the sun (of the flesh or carnal); and, behold, all is vanity and vexation of spirit.

God is awesome in all of His plan. 
CIY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 20 queries.