bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hell  (Read 5512 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Hell
« on: September 25, 2007, 04:13:27 PM »

Dear Hans:  I just literally MARVEL at the number of emails I receive in which people postulate that if God is not going to torture most of the human race in literal fire for all eternity, then WHAT'S THE USE IN LIVING A RIGHTEOUS LIFE?  Unbelievable!  UNBELIEVABLE!!  U-N-B-E-L-I-E-V-A-B-L-E!!!

I will make a few COMMENTS in your email...................

Hi Ray,
    Again!! As you can see, I am really studying your site. How enlightening.

COMMENT:  But you are missing more than you are gaining.

Question... why are there people like yourself that make a real effort to tell humanity the truth about The Word, if in fact you hold that there is no hell.

COMMENT:  I fail utterly to understand how that is a legitimate question?  Why tell people about God if there is no hell?  I truly am at a loss to understand that question, except for the Truth that God has shown me:  "Because the carnal mind is ENMITY [deep-seated animosity and HATRED] toward GOD: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be"  (Rom. 8:7).

Not even all of the pagans and heathen believe that their god will torture the hell of them if they do not live in a way that is totally foreign to their true desires.  One might just as foolishly ask:  Why teach people about God if there IS A HELL?  For if there is a hell, and God has already determined that most of humanity is going there for all eternity, who am I to contradict such a Biblical truth and keep people from this hell?  As the late Dr. James Kennedy and most orthodox Christian Calvinist theologians believe, God has already pre--determined who is going to hell, and nothing can change it.

Why make all this effort?

COMMENT:  Because God Almighty has determined that He has servants who would "make all this effort."  God is calling out and choosing from, a select, elect Few, and unless they receive this call, they cannot respond. "For so has the Lord COMMANDED US, saying, I have set you to be a light of the Gentiles, that you should be for salvation unto the ends of the earth.  And when the Gentiles H-E-A-R-D  this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord, and AS MANY AS WERE ORDAINED TO ETERNAL LIFE BELIEVED"  (Acts 14:47-48).  That why I "make all this effort."  "For after that in the wisdom of God [but many see no 'wisdom' whatsoever in the workings of God] , it pleased GOD by the foolishness of preaching [making 'all this effort'] to SAVE them that believe" (I Cor. 1:21).

We are all going to heaven anyway... not so?

COMMENT:  You have not seen one word among the 2000 pages I have written about "going to heaven."
    Where have I ever said or suggested such a thing? NO ONE except our Lord has "ascended into heaven" (John 3:13, Acts 2:34, etc.)  Being lost has nothing to do with "going to hell," and being saved has nothing to do with "going to heaven."

Ray this is not sarcasm or anything of this sort, I truly want to know if one can just live life as you wish, after all we'll not end up in hell anyway?

COMMENT:  Now we at coming down to the real truth, Hans.  Without realizing it, you have just dogmatically stated, that if there is no fear of an eternal hellhole of torture, then "one can just live life as you wish."  And for SURE, "as you wish," has nothing to do with living THE WAY GOD'S WISHES!  Are you beginning to see your problem?  No, I didn't say it is the problem of the church, or the world's problem, but YOUR problem!  Why do you and all the many emailers who have asked this same question through the years desire to "live as you wish," rather than as God wishes?  I gave you the answer: Rom. 8;7.

When you contrast how you would live if there were a hell as opposed to there not being a hell, you are admitting that how you "wish to live" would be different depending on which one is true.  I have in the past used the analogy of a teenage girl making the following equally foolish statement to her parents:  "Mom and Dad, I know that you love me and always wish the best for me, and I know that you would never put me in the basement and torture me with fire for the rest of my life.  Therefore, because I don't believe that you will torture me in the basement with fire, I am going to steal all your money and valuables, and then burn you house down, and you can both go to hell as far as I am concerned."

Do I really have to explain the totally insane absurdity of such an outlook on the part of the teenage girl?  Are we therefore to think that if she did fear her parents would torture her with fire in the basement, that she would be instead a very loving, morally pure teenager, seeing that she always feared being tortured by her parents with fire in the basement?  Orthodox Christian doctrines and philosophy are as insane as my little analogy.

It is you and I, Hans, who must come to grip with what we believe, and how we will live. Forget about how the world, or the Church, or other people think and live, until you and I have learned the truth regarding these matters in our own lives, then we will not see the reason for God's way of doing things.
    I am not trying to chastise you out of anger, Hans, but I am trying to get you to see what the real problem is in such unscriptural reasoning. Hope you understand and take it to heart.

God be with you,
    Ray

Thank you
    Hans
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 22 queries.