bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: No Church. What Now?  (Read 7303 times)

FREEINDEED

No Church. What Now?
« on: April 24, 2006, 11:52:38 PM »

What lead me to this site was the article on Tithing.  I had some questions about tithing.  So I did a google search on the subject and found this website.  I'm now reading The "Lake of Fire" Series.  This series has open my eyes and I'm truly blessed by what I'm reading.  But on the other hand it kind of saddens me.  Because I was practically born and raised in the Church.  Since I have been reading the articles on this website I haven't been going to Church every single Sunday.  But I went on Resurrection Sunday just to be with my Family.  I haven't had the guts to tell my Family why I'm no longer interested in going to the Church.  Because I know that they probably will tell me not to even pay any attention to the information on this website.  Right now I feel alone, because Church once was my life.  Now that I no longer attend services I feel like something is missing from my life.  I even find myself still watching some Church services on TV and I still listen to Christian Music faithfully.  I really would like to know what some of you are doing now? Since you no longer attend anybody Church.

Be Blessed

sparkyman481

No Church. What Now?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2006, 12:44:49 AM »

Hello Freeindeed,

What I do now is STUDY, STUDY STUDY!!!

It does feel lonely at first. Until you realize that you are never alone in Christ you will feel lonely. Put your mind on Christ. And STUDY, STUDY, STUDY!!!

You will make new friendships that will be more special than you have had in your life before these changes came upon you.

Be of good cheer. We are loved by God and that is sufficient.

If you ever need to talk just PM me.

orion77

No Church. What Now?
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2006, 01:12:51 AM »

Hello, Freeindeed.

We can all relate to what you are going through.  I agree with Aaron, study is very important.  You are not alone, though at times it seems that way.

Ps 25:14
The intimacy of Yahweh is for those fearing Him, And His covenant, to give them knowledge.

Ps 25:15
My eyes are continually toward Yahweh, For He shall bring forth my feet from the net.

Ps 25:16
Turn toward me, and be gracious to me, For I am lonely and humbled;

Ps 25:17
In the distresses of my heart make a wideness for me, And bring me forth from my constraints.

Ps 25:18
Meet my humiliation and my toil, And bear away all my sins.

Ps 25:19
See my enemies, how they multiply And hate me with violent hatred.

Ps 25:20
Do guard my soul, and rescue me; Do not let me be ashamed, for I have taken refuge in You.

Ps 25:21
May integrity and uprightness preserve me, For I expect You.

Ps 25:22
O Elohim, ransom Israel from all their distresses.

God bless,

Gary

mark

prove ALL thing's..
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2006, 09:05:23 PM »

Freeindeed: I know of NO ONE in the area ,or ANY Church where I live, that has ANY doctrine that even comes close to the TRUTHS at Bible -Truth's.com. Brother , what I do is just what the others BROTHERS , and most important, what our Lord and Saviour , said for US to do ,and that is "study to shew thyself APPROVED UNTO GOD, a workman that needeth NOT to be ashamed,[RIGHTLY DIVIDING the WORD of TRUTH], 2tim.2:15. I seek the TRUTH, not tradition of man and or Christianity, in [matthew 22:36-37] - Master , which is the Great commandment in the law? [37]-Jesus said unto him, thou shalt LOVE the Lord thy GOD with ALL thy HEART, and with ALL thy SOUL, and with ALL thy MIND.!! amen, and TRULY YOU MUST. I PROFESS to the whole world , I LOVE THE HOLY SPIRIT OF GOD OUR FATHER, I get up seeking the HOLY SPIRIT , IN ME every single day, I go to bed, Every single night , praising our HOLY FATHER, thanking Him , through JESUS CHRIST OUR SAVIOUR, LORD and KING, the HOLY SPIRIT that LIVES in this body. I have been away from my family,who I LOVE and MISS so greatly, for over a year,now. no one but ,OUR heavenly FATHER and OUR LORD and SAVIOUR, know what I have went through. this Fall, will have been three years , since MY CALLING OUT, GOD chose me, the Holy Spirit truly does witness to me , I thought I was getting cancer, I did not know nothing about the Holy Spirit, it felt like the skin had separated around the area of my heart, I thought this was cancer and GOD had come to save me , before I died. it truly FELT , as if the skin was about to tear, or rip, every time I would pick up the bible to study, I did not understand , what was happening, but now , I DO know what the Holy Spirit is , and  GLORY to GOD,  I LOVE OUR LORD AND SAVIOUR . Freeindeed , I am here BECAUSE the Holy Spirit LEAD me to this website, I have seen a lot of Christainity doctrines, study them also, NONE compare to the TRUTH I SEE HERE, not NONE! and I say that by the HOLY SPIRIT ,  I DO have the SEAL OF GOD, IN MY HEART, I don't claim to be nothing in this flesh, BUT A BROTHER and SISTER IN JESUS CHRIST.  may GOD Bless everyone's HEART, as HE has mine.  I LOVE you ALL . Freeindeed, if I can ever be of help, just give a [howl]   ..  GOD BLESS,  because GOD is LOVE.  amen  . mark.

gmik

No Church What now?
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2006, 09:18:28 PM »

Hi.  I went to church on Resurrection Day also, mainly to be with my family.Of course it is always good to see that I don't miss it-the pastor's preaching wasn't even milk. Check out this website daily, you sort of get to know people in a way and look forward to their posts.  There is a lot of wisdom here. I went to Mike's conference last week so you can look forward to those kind of things. Pray for fellow laborers to come across your path.  But I agree with the other poster Study, Study, Study.  The Lord is with you so you are not truly alone. This lonely time shall pass.  God will lead you the way you should go.  Trust Him.

FREEINDEED

No Church. Now What?
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2006, 09:41:12 PM »

My loving Mother just told me that I'm going to Hell for not going to Church and that I'm living off her Prayers.

Eventhough I know that's not true.  It still didn't feel good coming from my Mother.

So please keep me in your prayers.

Be Blessed

shibboleth

No Church. What Now?
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2006, 10:50:27 PM »

So sorry to hear your mother say that to you about  going to hell. I am sure your mother loves you very much, and she probably is really concerned about your salvation. She just can't see the things God has shown you about his great love and mercy for all mankind.
I think I am fortunate to not have a very religious family. They really didn't know a lot about the Bible, although my Mom, sister and daughter have come to Christ, they aren't really sure if hell is a true place or not.
When I was in church, I believed passionately in the trinity, immortal souls, hellfire, church atttendance and any of 100's of doctrines they taught. So until the Lord slowly showed me his truth, I couldn't see it. Now I read the Bible and find UR everywhere.
You know, your mother just might be scared you are right. I found religious people to be some of the hardest to show bible truths. They just have been so brainwashed by their church doctrines, they can't see it any other way.

FREEINDEED

No Church. What Now?
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2006, 12:39:54 AM »

Thanks Shibboleth for responding so quickly.  I really needed to hear that.  I can see already.  That this isn't going to be a easy journey for me.  Because my Family is very Religious.

Be Blessed

SandyFla

No Church. What Now?
« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2006, 02:25:21 PM »

Quote from: bobbys43
I was doing some search questions on the internet for a friend who is catholic and I came across a web site that preached heavely against catholics and I do believe the name of the site was "Sword of the Lord"
I was searching the site and the next day after starting there was this little box(a link) up in the top over to the side that said something like this
"Christians hell does not exsist". So I clicked on it and it took me to the bible truths site and I started reading and the truth was so over whelming that it was almost to hard to believe!! ...

I went to that site(Sword of the Lord) to see if that link was still there and it was not.

Hmmmm ... very interesting. I went to their site (www.swordofthelord.com) and clicked on "What We Believe." They believe in hell where the unsaved will spend eternity. I wonder how that link got on their website in the first place. Maybe I was looking at the wrong site.

Anyway, I'm glad God led you to find His truth, Bobby!   :)

Sandy

SandyFla

No Church. What Now?
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2006, 01:20:33 PM »

Maybe they put up the link to show a different (wrong in their eyes) belief. If their intention was to mock the belief of no hell, it backfired for you!  :D  Hopefully many others also.

Pilgrim

Stay with the TRUTH
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2006, 07:49:22 PM »

I find it helpful to regularly remind myself of the following...

"...It is better to be divided by TRUTH than united in error;

It is better to tell TRUTH  that hurts and then heals, than to tell a lie;

It is better to be hated for telling the TRUTH, than to be loved for telling a lie;

It is better to stand alone with TRUTH than to be wrong with the multitude..."

God bless you for allowing God's Holy Spirit to guide you...

Harold

elect144

Re: No Church. What Now?
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2006, 05:41:39 PM »

Quote from: FREEINDEED
What lead me to this site was the article on Tithing.  I had some questions about tithing.  So I did a google search on the subject and found this website.  I'm now reading The "Lake of Fire" Series.  This series has open my eyes and I'm truly blessed by what I'm reading.  But on the other hand it kind of saddens me.  Because I was practically born and raised in the Church.  Since I have been reading the articles on this website I haven't been going to Church every single Sunday.  But I went on Resurrection Sunday just to be with my Family.  I haven't had the guts to tell my Family why I'm no longer interested in going to the Church.  Because I know that they probably will tell me not to even pay any attention to the information on this website.  Right now I feel alone, because Church once was my life.  Now that I no longer attend services I feel like something is missing from my life.  I even find myself still watching some Church services on TV and I still listen to Christian Music faithfully.  I really would like to know what some of you are doing now? Since you no longer attend anybody Church.

Be Blessed[/quote[/b][/i]

Dear FreeIndeed,

This is my first post and Jesus pointed me today to yours.  Mostly because I also needed encouragement, as we all do, that are on HIS path!

Heb 3:13 But exhort one another DAILY, while it IS CALLED TODAY: lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

Heb 10:25 not forsaking the assembling of OURSELVES TOGETHER,as the MANNER OF SOME IS; BUT exhorting ONE ANOTHER: AND SO MUCH THE MORE, AS YE SEE THE DAY APPROACHING

1Thes 5:11 Wherefore COMFORT YOURSELVES TOGETHER, AND EDIFY ONE ANOTHER, even as also ye do.

I myself have come out of Babylon the harlot church  almost 7 months.

Rev 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, COME OUT OF HER, MY PEOPLE, THAT YE BE NOT PARTAKERS OF HER SINS, and that YE RECEIVE NOT OF HER PLAGUES.
I would like to start with my testimony and how I got to this site before my seven months began! it is a little long but you being the first of many  

Chocowinity, N.C. is a very very small town. I am not originally from here but this is where God has put me to know him. I myself did not attend church all my life and felt this weight of guilt for not doing it sooner. God has truley freed me from this thought and action not only this one but many other false truths that I learned while going to the so called church and listing to the tv evangelists as a matter of fact I listened to the tv first, then started to attend. I myself can relate to Paul as being the worst sinner -However -I didn't understand at the time when he finally brought me to my knees literally, and I repented. what happened next was a miricle indeed -I truly felt free and we both know this one,

John 8:36 If the son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be FREE INDEED!!!

I was dancing around my living room for 3weeks listening to christian songs. This old girl was a rock and roll through and through!!!
Although, I was free, I was blind, naked, and  poor.  I started to attend the local church and there is one on every corner, of every denomination even for this small town. I went because I heard on tv I should. So I went to the Church of God where my mate's family attended. And I mean family literally, where every one is related by marriage and such including nieces and nephews. I walked in with god and I walked out with god. I attended here 3 years. Not to my knowledge as yet, I was still Blind and deaf. and being deceived. I thought I am truly on my way now. I was PROUD OF MYSELF for going on a regular basis and had delight in being so CALLED a christian. I of course let my sons know -who live in Florida, that their mom is a changed person and a new creature in Christ and going to Church. Phil my mate was proud also and started to go with me. His family -Mom ,dad , Sister, Inlaws etc. said that he hasn't done this in twenty years!! and they looked at me, like I did it. of course I told them it was not me but God!! But my flesh smiled. I was yet Carnal.

Rev 19:10b I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus : worship God:

Not knowing then how much Light I was casting off!!
This Church of God -had many wonderful people, nice, it SEEMED they really knew what true love is and the word of God.
I never really fit in anywhere most of my life. and when I tried to be like everyone else and to know what true love is, is when God brought me through  plagues and my heart was hardened many years. Many being, I will be 50 in July- I call it my penticostal birthday!!!  and expecting something wonderful.!!!

Exo 7:13 And he hardened Pharaoh's heart, that he hearkened not unto them; as the Lord had said.

Dan 5:20-21 But when his HEART WAS LIFTED UP, and his MIND HARDENED IN PRIDE, he was deposed from HIS KINGLY THRONE, and THEY TOOK HIS GLORY FROM HIM.
And he was DRIVEN FROM the sons of MEN: and his Heart was MADE LIKE THE BEASTS,

Joh 12:40 He hath BLINDED THEIR EYES, AND HARDENED THEIR HEART: that they should NOT SEE WITH THEIR EYES, NOR UNDERSTAND WITH THEIR HEART, AND BE CONVERTED,  and I should HEAL THEM.

Going on, I felt that God wanted me to feed the poor LITERALLY and wanted me to start a food bank and such. I brought it to the pastors attention many times and the church but nothing. There was also alot of strife in the families of the church, and it seemed every Sunday the Pastor would have to address this, anyway, I was still going to church smiling and happy because I was being blessed and really didn't belong to these families and kept my mind on learning about God. Not realizing it at the time, that Holy Spirit didn't baptize every one the way I was.!!
I told everyone that holy spirit  Baptized me in my shower -tis true!!
this was AFTER Jesus truly TOUCHED ME.
Of course I was water baptized when I was born and 2 other times in my life when I tried church in Florida.

Mat 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worhty to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire.

John 1:26 John answered THEM, saying, I baptize with water: but there standeth one among you, WHOM YE KNOW NOT.  

I felt after awhile that it was the same sermon and I was not growing and when I missed a Sunday or bible class -I would ask what was the sermon about -no one remembered nor where interested on sharing God's word.
My spirit became troubled and I  became more and more frustrated.
I was fighting a battle of after 3 years to leave this church and find one that was more alive!! I said there has to be more to Jesus than this. I prayed and still am praying that he show me. I need to read his word but I really didn't know how!!. But maybe you heard it preached in your church about Church hoping, besides tithing , and The Law of Mosses etc.
I deceided finally to move on to another church -especially one I could feed the poor!!!  This of course was not an easy decision, since Phil's whole family went here, but it was God or nothing. All the while I heard Jesus saying  Mat 10:37  He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
. So I left and found a church called the Vineyard Christian Center. I spoke to the pastor of this church and asked questions if they had an outreach program -his voice became different and said this takes money!! I couldn't discern yet either!!    Of course, I had asked God to show me what I should do - I heard the come out but I couldn't HEAR the scriptures yet!! -He did not say go back in!!

This church I thought was IT!! People of all backgrounds, smiling faces, very pleasant to be around and the services were a real blessing -very different from The Church Of God. Not Stuffy, I thought for sure I finally found a church where I can truly fit in -Not only that, but where in the process of building a new bigger church with lots of property for more buildings. I was estatic. and they wanted someone to head the FEED THE POOR AND NEEDY PROGRAM.  I even signed up to start teaching a childrens class. I truly thought that after these years of waiting God was fulfilling the desires of my heart!!! I had attended this church for almost a month ,- When it happened. first, one of the services we started to praise and worship god and something was terribly wrong - I looked around and put my hands down. It felt like some one gave me terrible news. I felt like we were all robots!! The next bible class we were discussing LOVE and the subject came up about helping certain people and not others!! The pastor admitted that he gets calls at least 2-4 a week for people looking for help - he said that he could not help them!! AS so my Last Pastor at Church of God said same thing.!!!!! This truly disturbed me since my interest was helping the community in need. Any way I said God wants us to help and he looked at me and it looked like a demon and asked me to quote scripture -Of course I said to him you know it better than me.!! Then we started to study Moses and The Ten Commandments. And there was a question about God creating evil. I didn't know yet.

Isa 45:7 I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things.    

Amos 3:6b shall there be evil in a city, and the lord hath not done it?

It was during this study that the lord pulled me by my collar -it was that strong and sat me down at my computer and I typed in Mosess or and Ten Commandments and Ray's site came up. I started to read and I started to SEE -JESUS took the veil off my eyes. I was so excited and couldn't believe what I was seeing and I was comparing these words to my bible and was SEEING GOD -I couldn't stop I read and read days and more days I paced the floor in between to what Jesus was showing me and sharing with me. I was seeing gods truth, real truth and this I knew was not being taught in any orthodox christian churches. I even started to copy as much as I could -this is funny- I said to the lord this man that you brought me to is telling the way it really is and I thought I better copy this stuff before they shut him down!!! ha ha.
I couldn't hardly eat nor sleep -there was so much to digest and I too became saddened because it all is the opposite of what the churches teach.And we come to relize it is all lies that we have been fed. and been living.People we thought were of God teaching truth, are not. Remember Freeindeed, this is the way God works. This is his plan.

Eze 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing, I the Lord have deceived that prophet.

Rev 19:20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image.

The churches are so clever to warn everyone not to seek god's word out of the church building and not to use computers, not to interupt the service with questions, we are to be robots, Like a dictatorship. And the preacher or pastor says he is protecting the flock. And I believed it. as still so many do also.

Have you read all of Ray's site yet?
Have you  checked out Mike's site yet? Is, was, will be.

Jesus calls us out of the called - the ELECT to be messengers to the churches.
In the past seven months, I have not had a conversation of this sort of one who is beginning to see and hear. As you can probably tell by this long post.!!! I am not even sure all this will post!!!
I have had many hours alone but use it to study and thank God for bringing me to Ray's and Michaels site. Jesus has truly set me apart from all around me -even Phil doesn't see or hear. He is preparing me for his purpose of all his elect.
Jesus says again Mat 10:37-38 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me. and he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.
Many are called but FEW CHOSEN.

Mar 14:36 And he said, Abba, Father, all things are possible unto thee: take away this cup from me: nevertheless not that I will, but what thou wilt.
Mar 10:38 But Jesus said unto them, Ye know not what ye ask: can ye drink of the cup that I drink of: and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with?

Jn 15:18 If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before it hated you.
Jn  15:20 Remember the servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you. If they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

I am at home and do not have a  job outside the home. I do however take care of a dog and 5 cats besides housewife work,  Study and learning.  God has sent the pastor  of the vineyard to me by email to ask why I requested that I don't teach the children's class -this was in the beginning - and I started to explain that  the holy spirit was teaching me s and had given me eyes to see and wiped them with eye salve. he said I didn't make sense and I need to see him right away, he was my pastor and teacher and acted like I lost my mind or something -I wrote him back and said, Jesus is my teacher and pastor and if he didn't believe what I was saying is true then how would he believe me of what the spirit is showing me. and I also said if it be God's Will. He got totally upset at this answer -I  wrote Ray and he said let the chips fall where they may and I emailed back to the pastor and gave him two scriptures on God's will one from old and New. Never heard from him again.
The next person god sent me was a women from the church by email again claiming to be my sister in christ and as her sister I was sharing all the truths god had shown me  and she could not see or hear and I wrote about 3 or so emails  mostly scripture after scripture on questions ex: concerning that Jesus is the savior of the whole world  Jn 4:42,1Jn4:14,1Ti 2:4 etc. The trinity and carnal verses spirit.  Her last email to me was that I needed to get into fellowship right away and recomended a church where if she wasn't attending the vineyard she would be there. She says these people are also very familar with greek and hebrew and history of Jesus time for she said this makes a difference . I told her  Mal 3:6 For I am the Lord, I change not.
That was the last I heard from her.  The next people God sends me are men from the SDA-seventh day adventist -This was another  test and learning experience, The first words that came out of my mouth were God says to try the spirits to see what sort they are! They looked at me with very ackward looks on their faces. Eze 2:6 be not afraid of their words, nor be dismayed at their looks, though they be a rebellious house. Anyway to make this experience short -They came 3 times -each time they came I brought my bible out to them and saw their fruit -You will know them by their fruit- doctrine. It was not Jesus but another Jesus but there is only one. I even gave them some of Ray's papers I copied. Anyway they have not come back yet!! Then God sends me a JW women.  And I approched her the same way -God says to try the spirits. she also made a funny face but I asked her beliefs, doctrine again not Jesus Doctrine. Ray discusses a little of the differences on his site -I woun't go into it right now. But if you be Christs you will know.
We'll that leaves my last best friend in this SMALL town. I have shared a few times with her about the scriptures -she still goes to the first church I attended Church of God. THe first time I tried to show her the truth of Gods word and the teachings of the Church. I didn't see her for 3 weeks -then I saw her again and tried to not be so strong in my voice. Remember God is always chastening us. I have not seen my friend which no longer is my friend but I still love her and those I have told you about. My sons who are in their 20's do not know Jesus. when I first was telling them how wonderful Jesus is and what he was doing in my life at the beginning they accused me of preaching to them. and didn't want to hear all that. After 3years of praying to god to help me be a light to those he puts in front of me including my children. At least now I can share the name Jesus and God and how he answers prayer and how he has blessed them by the miricle works he has done in their lives -God gets all the credit no matter what. Jesus says follow me -follow me!!
In his Love,
Sandra

Falconn003

No Church. What Now?
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2006, 08:00:19 PM »

Study and read the Word fo God, whislt led of the Spirit.

enjoying life.....outdoors..making new freinds, new hobbys, new interest.
enjoying concerts, shows, books.

the burden i lost from a sense of feeling guilty from man's rligion is a yoke i do not miss nor reminisce even

Rodger

gmik

no church
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 09:49:56 PM »

Hi and welcome to the club.

It is sure a different way of life and it is tough to let go of all the old stuff.
My husband and I were very active in church for over 30 years.  We havent officially said anything to anyone but we just sort of eased on out. My son asked us specifically to come this coming Sunday, so I said we would.  Now, we have stopped tithing and rarely show up and not one person has called on us!  Been there 15 years!  Anyway, my son is getting married in July by one of the pastors, so when that is over there really won';t be a reason to go at all.

I miss the "idea" of going to church, seeing people, seeing my grand daughter all dressed up for sunday school, eating out afterward etc etc.. but doesn't sound like I was really going for the right reasons anyway.

Now the responsibility is on us to still read scripture, study, praise, do good to others-nothing has really changed.   Love one another.  Stay intimate with the Father thru prayer & praise- He will guide you thru this.

Please know I was preaching to myself there. Read all the testimonies here and the off topic forum is usually a fun one.  I get alot of fellowship here believe it or not.

Just know you are not alone, you are not the only one to go thru this exact thing and we will help you when we can.

Falconn003

No Church. What Now?
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2006, 03:43:57 PM »

The one true church of God is alive and spiritual.

hope you find wonderful fellowship within here and amongst us

Rodger
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 16 queries.