bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spiritual Truths  (Read 5298 times)

YellowStone

Spiritual Truths
« on: October 17, 2007, 06:04:08 PM »

Hi All,

I have been lately given the opportunity by the grace of God, to mediate on Spiritual Truths.

What are they? Who has them? Who does not and why?

I have been reading a lot on the carnality of man, and how the ways of man are foolish. Well if this is so, then when are the ways of man his and when are they not? One could answer man is a free spirit and does what he pleases, when and with whom, but it his correct? Well, others will maintain that it is God who controls everything, even the leaves blowing in the wind or the individual hairs on ones head. If this is so, then how then are "Man’s" ways foolish, because, they are not in way, shape or form Man's to begin with?

Dare I go out on a limb and say that there is no such thing nor can there ever be a blanket statement covering all men.

Please let me explain with Scripture:

Rom 9:20  Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed [it], Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21  Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Can one see any man, woman or child saying to God: "Ha!!!, yeah right, you want me to this and I'm going to do as I please."

Well of course one can, but why is this so?

Could it be that such as these are NOT blind by choice and neither are they "foolish", for how could they be if they know naught else. This can be likened to trying to explain sight to someone who has never seen, or a symphony, to someone who has never heard.

How then can a spiritually enlightened person be at all rough or hard on these folks, for they know not what they do, for they are working only with what they have been given. (Just as we all are)

Jhn 3:34 For he whom God hath sent speaker the words of God: for God girth not the Spirit by measure [unto him].  

and even more sobering.....

Rom 12:3 For I say, through the grace given unto me, to every man that is among you, not to think [of himself] more highly than he ought to think; but to think soberly, according as God hath dealt to every man the measure of faith. 

God has created each and everyone of us; each of us is making the very best use of the measure of faith and spirit given. The very same spirit that bares the following fruit....

Gal 5:22, 23 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Eph 5:8  For ye were sometimes darkness, (not by your own choosing) but now [are ye] light in the Lord: walk as children of light:

Man can only bare the fruits of the spirit that he has been given to bare and to lash out an berate or belittle anyone is no different than berating God.

Such actions are not a sign of spiritual maturity and we are warned of such actions.

Gal 5:15   If you keep on biting and devouring each other, watch out or you will be destroyed by each other.

However. with the help of the spirit, one can cover any amount of sin.

1Pe 4:8 And above all things have fervent charity among yourselves: for charity shall cover the multitude of sins.  

Honestly, this forum should be the most peaceful, gentleless, comforting forum where one is NEVER afraid to ask for fear of ridicule or humiliation. For I see NO SUCH ACTIONS as being from the Spirit; rather they should ALWAYS be replaced for discernment, long suffering and patience.

This forum and everyone of its members are held to a VERY high standard, For such as anyone of us can read the following Scripture and point to any number of people, people who are they are by the Will of God and the Measure of His Spirit

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of thorns, or figs of thistles?  
Mat 7:20 Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.  

We must NEVER forget, that these very same ones should and WILL know us by our Measure of Spirit; for take away that which has been freely given us (Not Earned!) we are no different than anyone else.

Let me close this rather long expose with the following Scripture.

Pro 3:5   Trust in the LORD with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; 
Pro 3:6   In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He shall direct[fn1] your paths.
Pro 3:7   Do not be wise in your own eyes; Fear the LORD and depart from evil. 
Pro 3:8   It will be health to your flesh, And strength to your bones.

And the fruits will be clearly seen for what they are; sweet, nourishing, comforting and fullfilling.

Comments Welcome,

Love to you all through Christ our Redeemer,
Darren

« Last Edit: October 17, 2007, 10:41:18 PM by YellowStone »

Gregor

Re: Spiritual Truths
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2007, 07:41:03 PM »

Greetings,

2Tim.2:
[20] But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and of silver, but also of wood and of earth; and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

Gold and silver can be purified by fire, but wood and earth can only be purified by water.

[21] If a man therefore purge himself (how? by being submissive/yeilding to the Spirit) from these, he shall be a vessel unto honour, sanctified, and meet for the master's use, and prepared unto every good work.
[22] Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart (one that has gone through the purging).

[23] But foolish and unlearned (we are taught and learn to put on Christ) questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

[24] And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,
[25] In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves(on the surface oppose others, but in reality oppose their own well being); if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;
[26] And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

I have to remember that I will be accountible for my own actions before God, as he has given me a measure of understanding. If I am a good steward with what's been given me, more will be given.

2Tim.2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. I'd like to write more, but no time at the moment.
Peace
G.

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2007, 08:06:11 PM »

Honestly, this forum should be the most peaceful, gentleless, comforting forum where one is NEVER afraid to ask for fear of ridicule or humiliation. For I see NO SUCH ACTIONS as being from the Spirit; rather they should ALWAYS be replaced for discernment, long suffering and patience.

Great post Darren,

I totally agree that this should be an oasis, often it is just that but then from time to time we will be tested and some of those doing the testing might not even be aware of what they are doing and why.

His Peace to you Brother,

Joe

jER

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 02:41:19 AM »

In this we find our true direction:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding." 

...For the road to understanding is not straight. There is a curve called Failure, a loop called Confusion, speed bumps called Friends,  caution lights called Family, red lights called Enemies. And, you will have flats called Jobs. But, if you have a green light called Love, a spare called Determination, an engine called Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Wisdom...

In all your ways acknowledge Him! And, He shall direct your paths!

- jER

Robin

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 03:14:50 AM »

Thank you Darren.

I've felt a little frustrated in the past couple of days. I've learned so much from God in so many ways. Ray is a wonderful teacher. I'm not a teacher or a spokesman. I usually have a very hard time getting what's in my brain out into words. Sometimes I just want to share about the casual ways God showed me things. I had so much laughter when I first came here and read Ray's papers. I would read a phrase he wrote and then just laugh thinking back about the way God had to reveal that truth to me.

I remember hearing Ray say that he would open the refrigerator and something would come to him and he would study and learn from it. I think of God in that way. He is with us in the little small details of our life.

There are many times when he will start to reveal something to me and I am all over the place with it trying to put the pieces together. I bounce things back and forth and just talk it though until God gives me more understanding. That does not mean that I accept the initial pieces as the truth. The end result might be completely different, but I have to start at the beginning to reach the end. That's just how God works with me. He reveals a piece at a time. I go from one question to the next, to the next. Each question and each answer builds on what I've already learned. I get one piece of the puzzle when there may be 20 pieces. I have to continue getting pieces from God before I can see it. When I try to piece it together I say no that doesn't fit and that doesn't fit. I would probably really look like I'm wrong talking about the pieces before the picture is complete.

I'm rambling, but I can see that others are talking about pieces of their puzzle.

I remember once watching a Star Trek episode years ago. It was the final piece of one of my puzzles. The episode was Darmok and Jilad at Tanagra. At the end of that episode I stood up and joyfully said "The whole bible is a parable!" I think everyone thought I lost my mind. I laughed and cried when I read that here. There are many reasons why someone might tell me that Star Trek is anti-truth and I know that, but God used it in my life to reveal a beautiful picture and opened up the bible in a whole new way for me. I try not to judge how he might be working with someone else.

DuluthGA

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 04:21:51 AM »

HI jER...  I just LOVED that!  Thank you, will be copying it. :)

And thanks Darren, especially for Proverbs 3: 5-8 and your sentiments on spiritual truths and how they might relate to this forum.  I agree that:

How then can a spiritually enlightened person be at all rough or hard on these folks, for they know not what they do, for they are working only with what they have been given. (Just as we all are)

Thanks v v much for the reminders of Romans 12: 3 and Gal 5: 15; They are good reminders to us all. 

We must NEVER forget, that these very same ones should and WILL know us by our Measure of Spirit; for take away that which has been freely given us (Not Earned!) we are no different than anyone else.

Agreed.  Here are some supportive verses:

2Chr 1: 12a    Wisdom and knowledge is GRANTED unto thee;

John 6: 29   Jesus answered and said to them, "THIS IS THE WORK OF GOD, that you may be believing in that One Whom He commissions." [CLNT]

John 16: 13     Yet whenever that may be coming -- the spirit of truth --it WILL BE GUIDING YOU into all the truth, for it will not be speaking from itself, but whatsoever it should be hearing will it be speaking, and of what is coming will it be informing you.

John 3: 27-28   John answered and said, A man can receive NOTHING, except it be given him from heaven.  Ye yourselves bear me witness, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

Phil 3: 14-15   I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.  Let us therefore, as many as be perfect [mature], be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, GOD SHALL REVEAL even this unto you.

1John 5: 20     And we know that the Son of God is come, and HATH GIVEN US AN UNDERSTANDING, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Matt 13: 11     He answered and said unto them, Because IT IS GIVEN UNTO YOU to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Eph 1: 17   that the GOD of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, MAY GIVE TO YOU the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him,

1Cor 2: 10-11   But GOD HATH REVEALED THEM UNTO US by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.  For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

2Tim 2: 7   Consider what I say; and THE LORD GIVE THEE UNDERSTANDING in all things.

1Cor 1: 5   That in every thing ye are enriched by him, in all utterance, and in all knowledge.

Col 2: 19b   Christ makes the whole body grow as God wants it to, through support and unity given by the joints and ligaments.   [God’s Word Translation]

Phil 3: 14-15   I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.  Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, GOD SHALL REVEAL even THIS UNTO YOU..

2Thes 3: 5   And THE LORD DIRECT YOUR HEARTS into the love of God, and into the patient waiting for Christ.

2Pet 3: 15   And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom GIVEN UNTO HIM hath written unto you;

2Thes 3: 3   Yet faithful is THE LORD , Who WILL BE ESTABLISHING YOU and guarding you from the wicked one. [CLNT]

2Cor 3: 4-5     Now such is the confidence we have through Christ toward God (not that we are competent of ourselves, to reckon anything as of ourselves, but OUR COMPETENCY IS OF GOD), [CLNT]

Col 1: 12   at the same time giving thanks to THE FATHER, Who MAKES YOU COMPETENT for a part of the allotment of the saints, in light, [CLNT]

James 1: 18      Of His own will begat he us with the word of truth, that we should be a kind of firstfruits of his creatures.

1Cor 4: 7   For who maketh thee to differ from another? and what hast thou that thou didst not receive? now if thou didst receive it, why dost thou glory, as if thou hadst not received it?

2Cor 3: 2-3   You are our letter, engraven in our hearts, known and read by all men for you are manifesting a letter of Christ, dispensed by us, and engraven, not with ink, but with the spirit of the living God, not on stone tablets, but on the fleshy tablets of the heart. [CLNT]

Job 32: 8      But there is a spirit in man: and the inspiration of the Almighty giveth them understanding.

WHY DO WE NEED HIS SPIRIT??

Phil 2: 21   For all seek their own, not the things which are Jesus Christ's.

AND WITHOUT HIS SPIRIT WE WOULD BE/THEY ARE:

2Tim 3: 7a   Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth

VIEWPOINT FROM RAY:

All of God's gifts of spiritual discernment, wisdom, knowledge, understanding, etc., start small and grow. Being "born again" does not make us spiritually mature adults in an instant of time. We grow in grace and knowledge and we mature in the spiritual things of God. I know and understand more today than I did even yesterday.  Faith itself increases by the reading of God's Word--a process that takes time.

God will give His Holy Spirit to those whom He has called and chosen. There are no physical formulas now that we know Christ no more after the flesh, we are COMPLETE IN HIM, which certainly includes His Holy Spirit.

I like his part about START SMALL AND GROW... A PROCESS THAT TAKES TIME...  If I have ever been judgmental or harsh on this forum, I certainly repent of it and will be cautious about it in the future.  Thanks a lot Darren for a refreshing viewpoint!

In His joy, :)
Janice

HI MG~  Just saw your post after I posted AND I LOVE IT!

« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 04:27:38 AM by DuluthGA »

LittleBear

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 02:10:48 PM »

Thanks Darren,

I would have to quote your entire post and say AMEN at the end of it, so consider it done. We are growing here not just in knowledge, but in how we relate to each other.

jER,

I love your post. You said it so well.

MG,

I get a lot of spiritual truths from Star Trek too. I totally relate! God shows us bits of truth in the most unexpected places eh?

Janice,

Thanks for the supporting verses. I need to add them to ESword topics.

Ursula

YellowStone

« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2007, 03:48:13 PM »

Thank you all for your heart warming responses.

Gregor:

You wrote: "I have to remember that I will be accountible for my own actions before God, as he has given me a measure of understanding. If I am a good steward with what's been given me, more will be given. "

This is so true, and parallels the parable of the Stward and the talents of Silver given to his three servants. (Mat 25:14-29) It is NOT the amount of Spiritual enlightenment that is given which is important, rather, what we do with it. It must bear spiritual fruits.

Great response, thanks.

Joe:

You wrote: "I totally agree that this should be an oasis, often it is just that but then from time to time we will be tested and some of those doing the testing might not even be aware of what they are doing and why."

This is an excellent point. One does not use a sharp sword to sharpen another, ironically one uses a blunt stone. Yet it is how the stone is used that sharpens the sword, carefully and meticulously. Otherwise the sword will be renedered useless. It is amazing how this is an excellent analogy of how those who have been given a measure of the Spirit, should treat others whom no fault of their own, have not recieved the same measure. The SIMPLE truth is, if one shows another ANYTHING other than the fruits of the spirit, ie. love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance. It is NOT they (the stone) who is being damaged, but the one who is not acting according to the Spirit (the sword)

A simple but profound truth. Great response Joe.

jER:

What you wrote really hit the mark and I will copy it for all to see again. :)

...For the road to understanding is not straight. There is a curve called Failure, a loop called Confusion, speed bumps called Friends,  caution lights called Family, red lights called Enemies. And, you will have flats called Jobs. But, if you have a green light called Love, a spare called Determination, an engine called Perseverance, insurance called Faith, a driver called Jesus, you will make it to a place called Wisdom...[/b]

Who would ever want to forget to check the Spare, matain the engine, renew their insurance and treat well the driver. I wonder how many take these simple steps for granted and are shocked when they are needed and are not found.

Yet another simple but profound truth. Awesome

MG:

I almost cried when I read your response. This is what I am talking about. Spiritual Truth cannot be mistaken and when it is found, it is literarily life changing. I always felt close to God and felt such love in the songs of John Denver. God, so cleverly yet graciously allows His Spirit to reveal itself to us in any number of ways. I was never a fan of Sar Trek, never got to watch it I guess, but it so awesome that God chose to reveal a good portion of himself to you through it. Your response reminds me of a stopped analog clock. No matter what, it is going to tell the correct time twice a day.

Janice:

What a great example that one should not become too gloated or puffed up by their understanding of the Scriptures, for all understanding is from God. What would one think of the child who was given a very expensive toy, while his brother was given a cheap plastic one from the dollar store, who then laughed and made fun of his brother and would not share his toy. What would the first boy think if his toy was taken away from him and given to his brother along with numerous other 'better' toys. Just as God's gifts can be given, so too they can be taken away.

A very sobering thought indeed. Thanks Janice. :)

Ursula:

Thanks Ursula, your Amen is greatly appreciated and after reading all of the responses, I would add an "Hallelujah !!"

Praise be to God.

Thanks everyone for your thoughtful responses.

Love in Christ our Redeemer,
Darren

jER

« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 04:18:45 PM »

Indeed, if we take down the walls of contention, there is an Oasis; a fertile place in which to grow in the presence of "living water" that is preserved in serenity amidst the chaos of the world.

A place to gather...bible truths.

Love to you all

- jER
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.