bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Faith without works is Dead  (Read 20167 times)

Deborah-Leigh

Re: Faith without works is Dead
« Reply #40 on: October 28, 2007, 08:08:26 AM »

Here is some e-mail responses from Ray that I believe addresses the issues being raised in this thread.

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,3836.0.html
  Dear Julie:
        I don't really know what I can say. Yours is not the first email that I have received like this. You pretty much answered your own question.  You will not change the Synagogue of Satan.  You will not teach the Synagogue of Satan. You will not convert the Synagogue of Satan.  We are to "COME OUT OF HER MY PEOPLE" (Rev. 18:4), and James tells us to "Submit yourselves therefore to God. RESIST THE DEVIL, and he will flee from you" (James 4:7).  We cannot embrace the Synagogue of Satan and expect anything more than you have received. On the other hand, there would be dozens of Churches who would read your email and tell you to join with them, as they have TWO SOUP kitchens feeding the poor and hungry daily. You would then starve to death spiritually, but at least you would have hot soup every day.  So as I said, Julie, I don't know what to tell you.  I teach and counsel people as I am able. I have no soup kitchen, no orphanage in Haiti, no TV or Radio broadcasts, no social services program, and a zero budget for any such thing.  I do what I do, the best I can do, and that's about all I can do.  You are welcome with open arms to join our Forum and be a part of what we believe. Other than that, I am just one man who tries to write on difficult subjects and try to make them easy to understand, and I answer thousands of emails. That's about all I can offer along with my prayers for your welfare and spiritual growth.
        God be with you,
        Ray

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,2052.0.html
Dear Noel:
    I don't know what to say to you. Since I have come out of Babylon the Great and Ugly Whore, I just have no desire to go back into her or into any of her harlot daughters.  I just don't want to "touch the unclean thing" anymore (Rev. 18:4, II Cor. 6:16, etc).
    God be with you,
    Ray

http://www.forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,1584.0.html
Dear Diana:
The sugar-coated candy religion of Christendom appeals to lusts of the carnal mind. When God begins to humble us of our carnal mind the church looses its luster and the candy is no longer sweet.  God isn't calling us to a feel-good religion.  What feels good is the truth, even if the truth is often painful it still feels good because the destiny of Christ's religion is eternal righteousness and love for all.  There certainly is nothing good about a heaven that allows its guests to view their grandmothers and grandfathers, and maybe even their own childrenh, being tortured in a fire of an eternal hell.  As Paul stated: "Yes woe is unto me if I preach not the gospel."
God be with you,
Ray

Peace be to you

Arcturus :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #41 on: October 28, 2007, 01:16:47 PM »

Joe, thank you for these words.

Let us not concern ourselves with what others think of us whether it be in the churches, in this world or in this Forum, seek the Wisdom that only God can provide and the approval of the only One who truly matters, if we do this everything else will be taken care of.

Shalom,
dessa

Hi dessa,

You are very welcome, I also want to thank all the contributing posters to this thread for the many wise and edifying responses.

His Peace to you,

Joe

Robin

« Reply #42 on: October 28, 2007, 02:32:22 PM »

Thank you for sharing that Arcturus.

Ray said somewhere that God does give us more than we can handle. I haven't been able to find that again. I think it was in an email reply.

Your post reminded me of this scripture.

Luke 11:52
"Woe to you experts in the law, because you have taken away the key to knowledge. You yourselves have not entered, and you have hindered those who were entering."

ciy

« Reply #43 on: October 28, 2007, 02:57:06 PM »

Here is a good addition to this thread.  The Message translation of Galatians chapter 1:6-12

6 -9 I can't believe your fickleness—how easily you have turned traitor to him who called you by the grace of Christ by embracing a variant message! It is not a minor variation, you know; it is completely other, an alien message, a no-message, a lie about God. Those who are provoking this agitation among you are turning the Message of Christ on its head. Let me be blunt: If one of us—even if an angel from heaven!—were to preach something other than what we preached originally, let him be cursed. I said it once; I'll say it again: If anyone, regardless of reputation or credentials, preaches something other than what you received originally, let him be cursed.

10 -12 Do you think I speak this strongly in order to manipulate crowds? Or curry favor with God? Or get popular applause? If my goal was popularity, I wouldn't bother being Christ's slave. Know this—I am most emphatic here, friends—this great Message I delivered to you is not mere human optimism. I didn't receive it through the traditions, and I wasn't taught it in some school. I got it straight from God, received the Message directly from Jesus Christ

Says it very plainly. 
God is all in all.
CIY

jacieleigh

« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2007, 10:31:38 PM »

We are the church. Buildings are buildings but Christ dwells in us. I believe that God wants His people, the church, to care for, love and look out for all our brothers and sisters . We can be brothers and sisters here online, at a home gathering, a conference but most importantly... throughout our daily lives. Wherever our lives may be. We can be in different cities, states or countries but God's Spirit is the same. I know of no way to say what I feel in an intelligent manner as many Bible scholars on the forum are able to do.

Deborah-Leigh

« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2007, 04:14:22 PM »

Jacieleigh

Your thoughts inspire me to think more about what you are communicating.

As an example, I do not know very much about Ray's daily life but I believe I can say that I do know what he thinks! He has written over 2000 pages on what he thinks and I like, believe and agree with what he thinks. We can all say with confidence that Ray thinks about God. He writes about the Spirit of God and he studies all about God even if it takes his research into areas of science and languages and words and meanings! As for Ray's life, I know nothing as important about Ray's life as I know about what his thoughts are and to me that is his life.

This for me, is what helps me to identify who are my brothers and sisters because my brothers and sisters are believing, knowing and agreeing in like mind with the revelations of Christ's Mind that is being revealed to us through the teachings shared by Ray.

What we believe and accept, for me, identifies who we are.

You may never know what I do carnally in my daily life but my thoughts will be made visible in the judgement and that will show who I am. It is so miraculous to have brethren we may never ever know carnally or physically but have already met here via like mindedness! I might never get the opportunity to visit the USA again from South Africa or meet any of the brethren who have become near and dear to my heart in this place and fellowship  which is a miracle!

Thank you for sharing your thoughts jacieleigh.

Peace to you

Arcturus :)

jacieleigh

« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2007, 03:09:14 PM »

Thank you for your graciousness. It is a miraculous thing to know that we can all be connected through the love of Jesus. JacieLeigh

Sorin

« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2007, 10:17:29 AM »

Sometimes my belly is sour when i read of the good deeds of the church, apparently the following verses mean nothing to those reading them.

Take heed that ye do not your alms before men, to be seen of them: otherwise ye have no reward of your Father which is in heaven.   Therefore when thou doest [thine] alms, do not sound a trumpet before thee, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, that they may have glory of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward. Mat 6:1-2

These verses are direct, there is no wiggle room, Christ did not say...take heed that you sometimes do your deeds before men, Or that it's OK to get a little recognition for your good deeds, NOPE...Christ said DO NOT do your alms before men....

Christ was very clear in this statement, If then we give a gift, or a good deed, do it in secret, that those seeing havent a clue to who did what.

Nope..not today...we publisize those giving large gifts, those giving hopital wings, those giving to the poor, we revel at their kindness...but to what end?

Yea, they have received their reward....recognition....vanity...pride....No doubt some will not like this post, but then again, I didnt write the verse, and have been guilty of the same thing.

Chris R

Very well said Chris. I was thinking the same thing before coming upon your post. So you basically did the posting for me.  :D

Peace,

Sorin
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 20 queries.