bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Persecution  (Read 5104 times)

Craig

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
  • There are two kinds of cops.The quick and the dead
Persecution
« on: December 12, 2007, 06:11:41 PM »

Hello Ray:

Thank-you for the quick reply on my question.
        I would like to ask you another question on the same subject.

If we as Truth believers , (and I consider myself to be blessed in the true knowledge of Gods Holy Scriptures-- thanks to you and my Lord&Savior, Jesus Christ) are not persecuted according to what scripture teaches , then, are you saying that we are not true followers of Christ?

Maybe I' am a little confused on what the word  persecution means in a scriptural sense. I dearly love God and His Holy Word and would not have it any other way,  but,  people that are close to me and know how I feel about my beliefs do not persecute me for the knowledge that I have obtained concerning the truths of God.

Could you please elaborate a little more on this subject Ray?

Thank-You
Your brother in Christ,
Mark

Dear Mark:
I could, but I really don't have the time, and this is a no-brainer. The Scriptures tell us that:

2Ti 3:12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

Look up the word "persecution" in any dictionary and then ask yourself if that definition is happening to you?  If not, then you may not be"living godly in Christ Jesus."  I knew a pastor/teacher who stated before his death (in his late seventies), how thankful he was that we live at a time where there is "NO RELIGIOUS PERSECUTION," and that he had never been persecuted for obeying God.  Oh really?  Everyone I have ever known who "lived godly in Christ Jesus" SUFFERED PERSECUTION.  And I do believe that I can personally speak from experience in this matter myself.  Maybe your time just hasn't come yet, or maybe your obedience and conversion is not showing. When it SHOWS, people will persecute you.

God be with you,

Ray
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 22 queries.