bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Feeling Guilt  (Read 5549 times)

phazel

Feeling Guilt
« on: January 07, 2008, 01:59:31 PM »

I have recently really been freed from a lot of emotional bondage and I realize and see the factors of Gods timing, his purpose and the realization that this gift from God was not from  the  freedom of my will and independant choices I made through being better or more wise than someone else due to "ME".  In any event, I still have struggles and afflictions, but I know God has a purpose for them as the scripture tell me. 

However, as my friends still struggle over things as well I find myself feeling guilty that I have experienced some freedom in Christs healing of my mind and my friends have not, many of my friends are not completely in agreement with me.

To them, part of it is they think they fail God due to their "free will" and it is why they remain in bondage.  I do not try to argue them to the truth or anything.  They appear jealous of me, or they do not really believe God has worked in my life. We are still friends as we deal with this, but I am having a hard time with how i feel.

In the end,  I am needing some direction on dealing with the feelings of guilt I have because I love my friends and I want them happy and joyful as much as I am.

Thanks

Jackie Lee

Re: Feeling Guilt
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2008, 02:33:40 PM »

You have to wait on God's timing,We want things now to take the short cut if you will but God has his own timing and his clock is not on the same time as ours.
 I learned the hard way to wait say little and trust God. :)

hillsbororiver

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2008, 11:10:12 PM »

Hi phazel,

What is there to feel guilty about? Who's Words are these?

Joh 6:44  No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

Mat 22:14  For many are called, but few are chosen.

Take comfort in the fact that nothing you have done on your own qualifies you to be enlightened to the Truths of God, be thankful for this opportunity to be called and perhaps even be chosen as a Son/King/Priest of God Almighty. Your friends and family may not be called to this in the present age. As a matter of fact it might just be you who brings them to Christ in the next age!

Our rewards are few and far between in the here and now as the Lord prepares a "peculiar" people to work with Him in gathering the Fall Harvest, this is what our hope is, in the mean time we should be patiently waiting on God to culminate His plan and purpose not fretting that He is not moving as quickly as we would like.
  ;)

Deu 14:2  For thou art a holy people unto the LORD thy God, and the LORD hath chosen thee to be a peculiar people unto himself, above all the nations that are upon the earth.

1Pe 2:9  But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should show forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvelous light:

Pick up the yoke of Christ and rest in it.

Mat 11:29  Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30  For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

His Peace to you,

Joe

phazel

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2008, 02:42:33 PM »

hillsbororiver  your post has touched my heart, thank you.

I suppose when it comes down to it,  I feel like I am  not worthy to have been delivered and do not feel like I am worthy to be the one to bring anyone to the light.

As much freedom as I have I still know I have unforgiven sins in my heart that at the present time I do not feel sorry for. 

I read scripture and see my sin, but I cannot for the life of me think or read enough to feel sorry for them.   I feel like something is wrong with me and when I have deliverance in my life I feel like my friends should have deliverance instead of me and that I am a hypocrite  when I tell them of the wonderful God that has allowed some things in my life to be set free.

I have never felt this way before and it is hard to put to words so I do not know if I have explained properly.

I asked God a question in tears after reading what you wrote that I might be the one to bring them into the light.   I asked, "if that is what I am to do, why do I feel so alone"?

hillsbororiver

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2008, 04:06:19 PM »

I feel like something is wrong with me and when I have deliverance in my life I feel like my friends should have deliverance instead of me and that I am a hypocrite  when I tell them of the wonderful God that has allowed some things in my life to be set free.

Phi 2:3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

Hi Phazel,

It appears you have at least one piece of the puzzle in place!  ;)

But also remember it is God who does the choosing, in His time not ours.

I don't know if you have seen this yet but there is a Brother here who has experienced and shared what appears to be circumstances that are similiar to your own. Check this out;

http://forums.bible-truths.com/index.php/topic,6233.0.html

His Peace and Wisdom to you,

Joe

Gregor

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »

Greetings Phazel,
When dealing with guilt (especially misdirected guilt), I try to recognize it for what it is: a tool of the adversary. I found that instead of being overcome by it, and instead of allowing it to rob me of my joy and freedom, I would simpley change my response to it. I view it as like a telephone ringing. When I hear the bell go off, it's time to pray. If I have someone in mind who is involved with my guilt, I pray for that person specifically. It wasn't long before the adversary stopped bringing people to my mind with guilt attached. Hope this works for you too.

1 Samuel 17:54
And David took the head of the Philistine and brought it to Jerusalem, but he put his armor in his tent.

Luke 11:22 But when a stronger than he comes upon him and overcomes him, he takes from him all his armor in which he trusted, and divides his spoils.

Blessings,
G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.