bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Forum related how to's?  Post your questions to the membership.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Preparing to say goodbye to Bethany  (Read 4667 times)

SandyFla

Preparing to say goodbye to Bethany
« on: March 27, 2008, 09:43:49 PM »

* If you are not an animal/pet lover, please read no further *

Today I got word about my cat Bethany (pictured in my avatar). She'd had squamous cell carcinoma (cancer) last year, and last week had another biopsy. The results came back with the cancer in 4 places in and around her mouth, plus she most likely has more in throat and stomach, not to mention on her ear and leg. The vet said she's never seen it spread so quickly.

The only medication would be something to ease her pain, as there is no cure. The vet said it would not be inhumane to have her put to sleep, so I will call my vet tomorrow to schedule a time for next week. It's best to do it before I start my new job. (I was so happy about that. Too bad this had to put a damper on it.)

Bethany would've been 16 in May, and this July will be 16 years that I was blessed to become her mom. Although it is not unexpected, it is still devastating. Yet, I am grateful to God for the years that I got to have her with me. Please pray that I will find comfort in that, and in knowing that when she is gone, she will no longer be suffering.

Sandy

* Thank you, sweet Bethany, for showing me the heart of God. Soon you can return to being the angel that I always knew you were, because if angels can take the form of kitties, you, my love, are one of them. *
(No comments about that, please. Let me find comfort in any fantasy that I can right now ...)

Jackie Lee

Re: Preparing to say goodbye to Bethany
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2008, 10:20:44 PM »

I understand Sandy our pets are so important to us.
I will be praying for peace in this situation.

joyful1

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2008, 04:27:54 AM »

Sandy--
Pets love unconditionally, which is what we try so hard to achieve in life...
my sympathies to you as you go through this heart wrenching experience.
love,
Joyce

David

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 04:52:06 PM »

You have my prayers Sandy.
We keep Neopolitan mastiffs and horses here, and they are a huge part of our lives. Its devastating when one looses one of them.
God be with you.
David

Robin

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 10:16:21 PM »

I'm so sorry to hear that Sandy.

I've had my little one for 8 years now.

It is so painful to lose them.

Many prayers.

gmik

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2008, 12:06:11 AM »

Sandy I am so sad. But 16 years w/ Bethany is awesome! Will you keep her YouTube on??  What a blessed kitty she was to have a mom like you!  God Bless You dear sister.  I cried and mourned for all my dear pets and I never had one so long. Thank you for sharing this w/ us animal lovers!

Vangie

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2008, 08:38:29 PM »

As I cry for you and your pain, I am reminded of Booki, who I loved and was blessed with for 12 years before having to make the same decision you're making now.  He was the first and only cat I've ever "mothered" to put it as you do.  I'll be praying for your aching heart, I know how much it hurts.  So much love to you...
In Christ,
Vangie

SandyFla

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2008, 10:46:39 PM »

Thank you, everyone, for your words of comfort and prayers.

I think Twinkles, my other cat, knows what's going on. The other day I sat down and told her about it. Since then, Twinkles will let me pet her and talk to her, until I mention about Bethany "going away." Then she gets up and leaves. She did it 3 times in a row, so I'm starting to think it's not a coincidence. I won't bring it up to her anymore.

I'm sure Bethany knows what's going on. She always hugs me--literally wraps her little legs around my neck and lays her face against mine. The other day when I was holding her, I burst into tears. She instantly wrapped her legs around my neck tighter than she ever did before. I was surprised at her strength! I couldn't have pulled them off if I wanted to. She is so affectionate, senstive and smart!

Sandy I am so sad. But 16 years w/ Bethany is awesome! Will you keep her YouTube on??

Yes, her videos will stay on YouTube. Those were made with my digital camera. I recently bought a camcorder, so I'll probably be adding more in the coming weeks.

Sandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 15 queries.