bible-truths.com/forums

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Need Account Help?  Email bibletruths.forum@gmail.com   

Forgotten password reminders does not work. Contact the email above and state what you want your password changed to. (it must be at least 8 characters)

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The fight  (Read 5222 times)

Morten

The fight
« on: April 16, 2008, 06:56:45 PM »

Hey
I know i scribe allot, but i have so much in my mind.
Iam not going to ask everything i do, but iam weak in the beginning. And i have got allot of good answers, that have really helped me.

But i need some prayers. Was talking to my dad for like 2 hours. Never discussed with my dad for so long before.
But it is beacuse he is afraid that iam in a cult, and he will do evrything he can do to take me away from this.
And iam not sure if he ever will understand. He can't, or my family can't see the meaning of this life.
I got this questions, you know you dont have anyone around you, who are you going to talk to, what are you going to do with your life.
You dont get fellowship, and that is really important to have.
How can you meet people and have smallgroup, to talk about this.
Dont you see how wrong this he say to me. This is a typicall sign of a cult. this is not what the bible says.

It somtimes feel that you get more respect the older you get, or am i wrong?
Like how will my dad understand this, when iam 23 years old telling him this. How can he belive, well that is only God decission

I have showed him the bibletruth, but when i showed it, he got more against it.

I could answer, some of it, but i feel it is going to be a hard time, so i need your prayers,
and you gave me a good page to read Kat, at last post i created (from Norway).

And do someone have a good explanation on how to not tell them that this isnt a cult, and that iam not judging every single person, who dont belive this. (people who go to church etc.) They think that iam judging them, and Ray of course.

Tried to show scriptures, and tell them that, can you explain against the scriptures? But it dosnt seems to be enough.

Morten

eggi

• Bible-Truths Forum Member
Re: The fight
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2008, 07:44:02 PM »

Morten, it's not just about not attending a church.

The truth is that orthodoxy is a cult with many denominations! The leaders are in total control!

Jesus Christ said:

But Jesus called them unto him, and said, Ye know that the princes of the Gentiles exercise dominion over them, and they that are great exercise authority upon them. But it shall not be so among you: but whosoever will be great among you, let him be your minister; And whosoever will be chief among you, let him be your servant: Even as the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many. (Mat 20:25-28 KJV)

The real "cults" and "sects" in the world are the orthodox churches! Just as with the Pharisees, the disciples of Christ are nothing but a dangerous cult to the organized Christian churches of today.

For many are called, but few are chosen. (Mat 22:14 KJV)

We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error. (1Jn 4:6 KJV)

Is that the words of a "cult" leader?

God be with you,
Eirik
Here’s how to tell if you have faith; how do you live… what do you do… what do you accomplish in life… what are your goals… What is there about you that proves that you have this faith and belief inside of you? What?

Morten

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2008, 05:35:38 PM »

When i look back to this email, it is kind of stupid.

I should have been waiting. I just know so much more, and understand so much more now,
 Then i did when i sent this email. Thats God giving me answers.
I was unprepared and iam srry.
 I was asking to eralie,  I should have been waiting, and think over stuff before asking.
But thank you for the answer, even i think that i shouldn't been sending that post out.

Morten

mrl1970

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2008, 08:19:53 PM »

from http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cult

Main Entry: cult 
Pronunciation: \ˈkəlt\
Function: noun
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate — more at wheel
Date: 1617
1: formal religious veneration : worship
2: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
5 a: great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b: the object of such devotion c: a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

Remember we here are to worship in truth and in spirit not in ritual.

kweli

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 08:38:20 AM »

even i think that i shouldn't been sending that post out.

Hi Morten

I wish to disagree. This kind of post is actually why most come to this forum. A lot of us are going through the same thing. That feeling of aloneness always goes away when we get together and fellowship. I'm from a very orthodox christian family. If we lived in America they'd be full members of the Worldwide Church of God (if you dont know what I mean by this, just know that's it's not something to be excited about). Currently, I have to have the Amour on all the time because I get attacked by my family. Former church mates arent that concerned because it is their nature to think of others as filth which deserves to burn in hell. But my own family?

(I tend to go too far so please bear with me)

If we are to carry our crosses and follow Jesus we must remember that even our Saviour Himself didnt carry His own cross all the way. He was helped along the way. It is not an easy thing to do. But Peter was right on the 'money' when he said (paraphrase) "where else can we go but remain here with you"? Let's just hang in there buddy (and I say this knowing well what it means to the next person)

All Glory to Him
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 09:00:58 AM by kweli »

Morten

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2008, 07:55:41 PM »

Thank you for your comment.

To be honest, the worst thing i feel, isn't the attack( the attack kind of build me up, i get stronger). But to explain that i love them, and that iam not more worthy then them.
I got this question allot. Well since your not going to church anymore, then what iam doing is wrong, and you are judging me, because the things i do then, is wrong.
So many people will not understand. First of all iam not the one who is saying that. I just tell the scriptures. And thats the truth.

The thing i ment, when i said that i shouldnt be sending that post, is that i didnt think through it, and that i had allot of answers on it, on that post, even maybe many people have the same question. 

But this question i feel could be hard somtimes. What about all the kids who are in the church, what about the fellowship for them, should they not attend to a church and be lonely without any friends who belive the same thing. There is many people here over 40 with kids, so i maybe think that you got that kind of questions allot.

Morten
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 19 queries.